Flying to Gib with Gib Air

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Jan 2007 12:00 AM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar
Has anybody any news on the propsed new service to Gibraltar from several Uk airports with Gib Air?

Regards

John

Like 0      
12 Jan 2007 12:03 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Havent heard anything published yet

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
17 Jan 2007 8:55 AM by manilvajl Star rating in Manilva as much as p.... 426 posts Send private message

The link is http://www.flygib.com/ but its not changed in weeks. I believe they are waiting for the license. Perhaps its called 'the license of first flying'. 

Jeff

Like 0      
17 Jan 2007 9:20 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
In which case it will take years to come along and then be declared illegal - the result is the airport building will be demolished!!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
23 Jan 2007 11:26 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

Gib Air plan to start flights in April . Scheduled airports in the UK are Stansted, Birmingham, Bristol, Manchester, and in Ireland Dublin and Cork. Apparently they were having problems acquiring their own operating licence but have negotiated to buy a small regional UK airline based in Bournemouth that is currently running at a loss. They will acquire with the airline the leases on three aircraft and all the required licenses. Negotiations ongoing to extend the operating hours of the control tower at Gib to facilitate the running of 12 daily flights.

Lets hope the aircraft arent Douglas Dakotas

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
01 Mar 2007 3:38 PM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar

Smiley

Do you possibly have any update on this. The website hasn't changed ...just says coming soon.

John

Regards

John

Like 0      
22 Mar 2007 10:34 AM by jj2006 Star rating in Rochdale/Altos de Pr.... 18 posts Send private message

Looks like something iminent is about to happen!

http://www.flygib.com/

Like 0      
22 Mar 2007 10:46 AM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar
Not sure about anything happening...the site has been like that for months and i read on another forum that they were having problems getting planes and operating licences...hope i am wrong.

Regards

John

Like 0      
22 Mar 2007 11:01 AM by jj2006 Star rating in Rochdale/Altos de Pr.... 18 posts Send private message

Yes I have been checking this site out for a while too but have just noticed the writing in red.

AN ANNOUNCEMENT WILL FOLLOW SHORTLY!

Hopefully Good News!

Like 0      
22 Mar 2007 11:10 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
JC do RyanAir fly from anywhere near you - friends of mine got a flight into Jerez a couple of weeks back - think they paid 89p plus taxes etc - probably just over an hour to Duquesa and nice airport too

This message was last edited by Smiley on 3/22/2007.

Like 0      
22 Mar 2007 11:21 AM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar
Smiley...they do from Liverpool  but only to Seville, but thats not too bad if the price is right and at 89p thats very right by me. Monarch are just staring up from Man to Jerez so i am using that route from now on as often as possible.

Regards

John

Like 0      
23 Mar 2007 8:40 AM by slonghurst Star rating in Hertfordshire & Casa.... 17 posts Send private message

I've recently booked flights from Stansted to Jerez with Ryanair for the end of April. Cost was £0.01 out and £19.99 return but by the time taxes, baggage charges, etc. were added it worked out to just under £60.00 per person. Still, not bad!

Like 0      
23 Mar 2007 11:16 AM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/18/2007.

Like 0      
25 Mar 2007 10:19 PM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar

JJ

just spotted the red writing on the site. The PC i was looking on previously must be colour blind as I missed the notice. What worries me is that the notice says  'An Anouncement will be made shortly'. The pessimist in me says that the anouncement will be that Gib Air will not become a reality....

Regards

John

Like 0      
14 Jun 2007 7:40 PM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar
Just read an article on another site coming from gibraltar chronicle that FLYGIB is dead in the water. Thet couldn't get the necessary money together for their insurance bond. 

Regards

John

Like 0      
29 May 2008 12:33 PM by fact Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

hi all, just wanted to clarify.
Gibair is NOT an airline its a handling company in Gibraltar owned by the Bland group of companies, 
you are all confusing yourselvs with "Fly Gibraltar" wich as far as i know fell through

Like 0      
29 May 2008 3:32 PM by SpanishLinda Star rating in Nueva Andalucia. 44 posts Send private message

SpanishLinda´s avatar
Current situation is that officials from Iberia Airlines have confirmed that they have started the application process to fly to Gibraltar from Spain. Air Europa, Vueling, EasyJet, Ryanair and Spanair have also indicated they are interested in starting flights to Gibraltar.

Iberia and GB Airways are confirmed as the two main airlines willing to operate the GIbraltar-Madrid route. Click air has also shown interest in Gibraltar, especially to cover the Barcelona - Gibraltar route. No details on how many flights will be operating, the routes or the pricing structure have yet been confirmed, although Iberia is hoping to start operations in December.

Like 0      
29 May 2008 5:08 PM by Tamsin Star rating. 169 posts Send private message

The last thing I heard  when we were out there in March was that there was now only one flight a week to Madrid from Gibraltar although that may cahnge in the summer months .

Like 0      
30 May 2008 10:28 AM by SpanishLinda Star rating in Nueva Andalucia. 44 posts Send private message

SpanishLinda´s avatar
Iberia flights from Madrid to Gibraltar are available twice daily on a Friday and once on Sunday, with return flights into Spain also operating on those same days.

Linda

Like 0      
31 May 2008 10:59 AM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar
EasyJet as of March/April have been offering flights from London Gatwick to Gibraltar, with a view to extend this service to other UK airports, if found to be a successful route.

Methinks if they offered this service from Bristol, Luton and Manchester, then it would be very successful indeed!

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

VERY DISTESSED PROPERTY SALE BEFORE FEB! - 0 posts
We may just go beyond the date we fixed the exchange rate for - 5 posts
BMI have cancelled their route Heathrow to Alicante Sept to July - 0 posts
Patrimonio Familiar - 7 posts
Can anyone recommend a good agent - 18 posts
el rincon - 2 posts
THINKING OF MOVING TO SPAIN? - 0 posts
Spanish or British ???? - 20 posts
Developer Fees - 16 posts
Taxation from 2007 - 0 posts
!!How much is property in Spain and can a us citizen buy some!! - 2 posts
What UK companies can help us to rent our our villa - 14 posts
Flight from Doncaster to Alicante - 0 posts
General - Status of Phase I & II - 2 posts
Villamartin & Punta Marina - 15 posts
Property Management - 42 posts
Condensation/Dampness - 28 posts
Living Permanently at Roda Golf - 0 posts
MRS STELLA DUNTON - 1 posts
Getting hold of an NIE number - 7 posts
Fuerteventuramar II - 3 posts
Furniture Recommendation - 16 posts
Happy New Year to You All - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 21

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x