Fuerteventuramar II

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Jan 2007 12:00 AM by lfng Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

I am new to this forum but as I live far away from Europe I depend on this for information which I cannot extract from my very competent Solicitor.

When I signed my "agreement to purchase" with the Developer AND the real estate agent (Interealty in my case), the contract was clear. This is in relation to the an near complete (due Oct 2006) property called Fuerteventuramar II in Caleta de Fueste

Now, I hear that the estate agent has closed down in Fuerteventura and I am still unclear why this has happened and what their liability is in this case. There has been no communication, but when I tracked down the agent who was dealing with the case, I was given minimal information and that she had 'moved' to another agency.

Does anyone know the truth?

Cheers

LF

Like 0      
07 Jan 2007 8:43 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

Hi LF I am based on mainland Spain but if it is the same Interealty and I imagine it most probably is they have gone bust - quite a while ago in fact. They had a long protracted death - failure to pay employees, creditors etc.

Be assertive with your lawyer and ask him for clarification on the situation

RGds and good luck with your investigations

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
08 Jan 2007 1:12 AM by lfng Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Is there anyone who is caught in this where money for a deposit for a sale has been taken and a contract co-signed with the Company and the Developer. It is not known whether the developer is affected etc.

Plans for a class action may be in order.

Like 0      
09 Jan 2007 12:17 AM by lfng Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

I have done some more research and discovered this:

http://www.iankennedysite.com/

Interealty has a large customer base and I am sure that there are many who are affected if the claims of the website are true.

Is there a regulator authority in Canaries/Spain to whom questions may be directed?

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Furniture Recommendation - 16 posts
Happy New Year to You All - 0 posts
Finestrat - 1 posts
DISTRESSED PROPERTY SALES - 7 posts
Villa Cashback for For Polaris World - 0 posts
Angel De Miraflores - 17 posts
Pension? - 25 posts
Whats Happening? - 24 posts
State of the rentals market - 14 posts
I'm moving to spain some advice please - 47 posts
caretaker/cleaner - 0 posts
State of the Rentals Market - 14 posts
Ross Legal Services - 3 posts
Developer fees - 3 posts
Spanish Retreat Security, Reduce crime! - 0 posts
Security in the Costa Blanca area - 4 posts
Benahavis - 0 posts
Happy New Year to Justin & The Team & all the Forum Members! - 1 posts
Monte Selwo Up-date - 7 posts
Architects/Project managers/Builders - 4 posts
Contracts - 3 posts
Banks or Bandits - 6 posts
When you cant complet - 8 posts
MRI experiences please - 5 posts
Air Conditioning Best Buy - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x