IBI Council Tax receipt

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Dec 2007 12:00 AM by webster Star rating in Sunny south coast bu.... 86 posts Send private message

We completed July 2006, and I am ready to file my La Renta return, but I haven't been able to pay the IBI.  Our apartment is on a new urbanisation near Vera, and although our complex is complete and the roads are just being officially named, it seems the Town Hall knows nothing about us.  Our address is correct on the NIE certificates, but there is no postal service to the complex yet.

Without an IBI receipt it doesn't seem to be possible to pay anything else.  Can anyone advise?

Much appreciated.

Like 0      
06 Dec 2007 5:46 PM by Glyn the Lawyer Star rating in Jávea / Xabia, Benij.... 19 posts Send private message

If as I underatand the problem that you are referring to is being able to complete your non-resident tax return. if this is the case then specific provisions exist in circumstances such as those that you have described. The guidance notes offer assistance or failing that you fiscal representative / lawyer should be able to advise accordingly.

However, do not be concerned as this is a very common situation.

G Moran

Like 0      
06 Dec 2007 7:37 PM by webster Star rating in Sunny south coast bu.... 86 posts Send private message

Gosh I love this site.  Within hours I have the advice that my solicitor has so far taken 7 weeks to respond too!

Thank you so much Glyn.  Yes, it is the non-resident's return, and of course everyone else on our community has the same problem.  I have no doubt that it is common, but it is gratifying to hear it from someone else.

Many thanks, K

Like 0      
06 Dec 2007 8:36 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Webster wrote: Without an IBI receipt it doesn't seem to be possible to pay anything else.  Can anyone advise?

I do not understand your concern on tax payment and IBI number as  the NIE number where an address has been manifested for taxes purposes it is sufficient to be active in the tax field.

Please let mw know if I am missing anything.

Best Inmaculada Puente!

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
07 Dec 2007 9:07 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi Webster.

Maria is correct saying you can use your NIE (NIF) number for paying most utility bills, however, to complete the calculations to pay your Non Residnet taxes (Form 214), you do need the IBI bill to find out the Valor Catastral.

Many people do not get their 1st IBI bill for 2 years, so Gly is right, do not be too alarmed that your taxes have not been paid on time!

I have sent you a PM

Kind regards,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
07 Dec 2007 9:55 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Webster

You do not need your Valor Catastral to be able to complete your renta details on your tax form. We completed April 2005 & first year we had a fiscal who used the deemed value on our escritura, as our IBI rates at the time hadn't been detailed to us, with our urb being new. We now have our Valor Catastral & submit  our forms ourselves with accurate information on. However, two sets of friends of ours who live on Quesada (Torrevieja area) quite some way from each other, not on the same urb, still haven't had their IBI rates sorted & have been in their properties around four years so maybe best to pay now based on escritura value. Working it out on the escritura value means paying a bit more but at least you know these taxes have been paid. These things can mount up.

The process is explained exceptionally well in here.... Please do bear in mind that this was written for those living on the Dream Hills urb who would use the local tax office of Orihuela but workings out are the same. 

http://www.heddon.co.uk/dhills/things/wealth.htm

Read point 3. "In the first year when you may not have a Valor Catastral you can calculate this part of the tax by also using the Escritura"

This message was last edited by morerosado on 12/7/2007.

Like 0      
07 Dec 2007 10:15 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Thanks for that info More..............

Yes, you do pay more, but you can't claim it back easily

I suppose if you want to be "on the ball" you can do it this way.

Do you pay your own now, or use your solicior?

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Cat Transport - 4 posts
Terry Imrie - 1 posts
vistalmar sur villas - 0 posts
Ex-Pat Faux-Pas? - 9 posts
Thinking of using Parador Properties? Think Again! - 18 posts
Woodburning stoves - 3 posts
Sweet tooth in Playa Flamenca - 3 posts
Been told theres a sky set about for 500e and NO monthly ???? - 4 posts
Careful with your cases - 5 posts
dentists - 2 posts
furnishing masa properties - 5 posts
Wanted to Rent between Aguilas and Mojacar - 1 posts
Wanted 3 bed Duplex early June 2008 - 3 posts
Time Limits on Snagging Issues - 14 posts
Where can I find this sofa bed? - 6 posts
Postal Deliveries - 17 posts
Urbanisation Gardeners and pool cleaners - 0 posts
Media Scaremongering - 3 posts
Looking to buy in 2008 - 20 posts
Places to stay in Cadiz & Jerez - 9 posts
Gardens in Spain - 4 posts
Mortgage Option - 33 posts
A very happy Christmas & New Year from Morerosado - 30 posts
People power vs Orihuela Costa townhall. - 10 posts
Books and Greeting Cards to Spain - 15 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x