Time Limits on Snagging Issues

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Dec 2007 12:00 AM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Can anyone help please?

Is there a legal limit on the time that a developer/builder has to complete/rectify any snagging issues?

Thank you

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
05 Dec 2007 12:56 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
I don't think there is an actual time limit.  When you do your snag list you give a copy to the developer and another to your lawyer then between you you have to badger the developer until they get the problems sorted!

We found that those who pester the most get their snagging done quicker.

Just our experience.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
05 Dec 2007 2:08 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Sometimes they do ask for the list within 15 or 21 days - I think thats so they get it done s a job lot. You will have a 'builders' guarantee which should last but you will have to enforce it from the experiences I know of

As Justin says, she who shouts loudest gets snags done first!!!!!!!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
05 Dec 2007 7:13 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Thanks Justin & Rixxy.

I'll start limbering up the vocal chords in preparation for our trip on the 20th.

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
08 Feb 2008 7:13 PM by dennismundy Star rating in Las Kalendas - Fortu.... 263 posts Send private message

From my own experience it seems that some developers read the forums on this site and get quite agitated by the comments. This goes some way to rattling their cages into action (or not!).

Like 0      
08 Feb 2008 8:50 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Time limits for snagging have no legal deadline, but usually are allowed to be done within 15-30 days before the signing of the deeds.

Regarding other building deffects and time limits, there is an article in this webiste: http://www.eyeonspain.com/spain-magazine/building-defects.aspx

Best weekend,

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
08 Feb 2008 11:15 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Thanks Maria

I heard just yesterday that there seems to be some movement on our snags, 4 months almost since completion.

I don't know what has prompted this sudden frenzy of activity but maybe it had something to do with the mention of the Hoja de Reclamacion.

We will see next week if they have been completed!

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
11 Feb 2008 11:14 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
Well done. Hoja de reclamación plus convinient claims in the nearest OMIC will work fine.
Maria

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
11 Feb 2008 11:42 AM by tired of waiting Star rating in navan,ireland.. 100 posts Send private message

Noreen

What is Hoja de Reclaimation ?

Helen

Like 0      
11 Feb 2008 12:29 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
Article on Hoja de reclamaciones

http://www.eyeonspain.com/Secure/articles/article.aspx?article=/libro-reclamaciones.aspx

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
11 Feb 2008 12:52 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Hoja de Reclamacion is the complaints book that all businesses in Spain are obliged to maintain & provide to consumers on request.

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
14 May 2008 10:24 PM by chelseadel Star rating in Welling kent & Las .... 155 posts Send private message

chelseadel´s avatar
Hi All.
is the time limit for snagging before or after the deeds signed?
cheers

Like 0      
17 May 2008 10:47 AM by Kenny_B Star rating. 107 posts Send private message

Maria,

Can my lawyer legally delay the signing of the deeds until all snagging and terms of the contract are completed?

Cheers,

Ken.

Like 0      
17 May 2008 12:31 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Emphatically yes he can postpone the signing when any term of the contract is not completed.

Snagging... depends on the kind of snagging. There is no law stablishing what kind of snagging needs to be repaired before completion and what of them after. I would say the before completion the house needs to be in perfect conditions of habitability in every one of its elements and if not, you are not obligued to complete.

The clue is that developers have been having the upper hand for years and are used to subdue bad informed consumers. That needs to change and consumers need to have the last say. That is what contract and consumers Law in Spain deffend,a different situation is an abuse.

Do not allow yourself to be put off... of course, with the help fo a good independent advisor with Consumers Law Expertise.

This message was last edited by mariadecastro on 5/17/2008.

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
19 May 2008 8:45 PM by Kenny_B Star rating. 107 posts Send private message

Thanks Maria,

You're a gem x

Ken.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Where can I find this sofa bed? - 6 posts
Postal Deliveries - 17 posts
Urbanisation Gardeners and pool cleaners - 0 posts
Media Scaremongering - 3 posts
Looking to buy in 2008 - 20 posts
Places to stay in Cadiz & Jerez - 9 posts
Gardens in Spain - 4 posts
Mortgage Option - 33 posts
A very happy Christmas & New Year from Morerosado - 30 posts
People power vs Orihuela Costa townhall. - 10 posts
Books and Greeting Cards to Spain - 15 posts
Nerves - What are the keys to a successful move and staying and enjoying Spain - 26 posts
Motorcycling in Spain - 6 posts
New traffic laws now in force - 9 posts
Pool Cleaning - 1 posts
20,417 ??? - 35 posts
Arenal 2000 - Benalmadena - 2 posts
niel - 2 posts
can anyone help me???? - 2 posts
INTERNET BANKING - SCAM EMAILS - 7 posts
inspect a home spain - 6 posts
inspect a home spain - 2 posts
Legal action against Palmera Properties and Mirador - 2 posts
EASYJET... NEW ROUTE FROM MAY ... NEWCASTLE TO MURCIA - 0 posts
Can anyone help me??? - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 15

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x