Media Scaremongering

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Dec 2007 12:00 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Now, while I am (as most of you know) a straight talking individual, I am getting fed up with the local papers stating things that may not be happening ever.

To give an example, I have a sale due to go to notary in the morning in Marbella. The clients (who work for a larger agency here on the coast) have got a fabulous deal, right place at the right time!

Anyway, actual cash buyers, no mortgage and all is being concluded within 10 days. So far so good.

Then the local Sur in English and Spanish publishes an article that there is due to be a toll road running from Ronda to San Pedro, costing millions, taking years to do and incorporating bridges and tunnels!

Well, it could be great BUT my clients are buying in an urbanization located along the existing Ronda/San Pedro road!

So, late last night I receive a panicking email asking me what I know about it (!), did I know anything about it and what were my comments in view of the fact of a) suffering noise, dust and inconvenience of the build works, b) the inevitable road noise to follow once the road is done and c) the liklihood of the property being substantially reduced in price!

AAAAAAAAAARGH thought I, and after a good evenings sulk, I sent the secretary to the town hall to find out.

Turns out that there is nothing at all planned, the urbanistica department (who receive any future proposals for the area) said there was a similar plan 2 years ago but it didnt get approved and in any case if anything is ever approved, it wont be anywherenear the development!

So WHY o WHY publish a load of rubbish without qualifying it first and also the full truth (as it MAY happen sometime never) so as not to alarm people!

It nearly lost me the sale - if it had done I may well have sued the papers!

Rant over, thank you for listening! ps its blue sky sunny and really warm here again today!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
04 Dec 2007 4:47 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Sorry, Rixxy, just couldn't resist but I do feel for you. Guess estate agents have these things happen all too much & you have to appreciate buyers concerns. I know your problem is with newspapers, not your clients ! (Hope you had a  at this though !)

Like 0      
04 Dec 2007 4:56 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Oh yes of course, and if it were going to happen and they wanted to pull out I certainly wouldnt blame them at all, it just piddles me off when things are said that arent true!

Love the piccy!!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
05 Dec 2007 7:19 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
You forgot to put my cooooool dooood shades on More - otherwise a perfect likeness

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Looking to buy in 2008 - 20 posts
Places to stay in Cadiz & Jerez - 9 posts
Gardens in Spain - 4 posts
Mortgage Option - 33 posts
A very happy Christmas & New Year from Morerosado - 30 posts
People power vs Orihuela Costa townhall. - 10 posts
Books and Greeting Cards to Spain - 15 posts
Nerves - What are the keys to a successful move and staying and enjoying Spain - 26 posts
Motorcycling in Spain - 6 posts
New traffic laws now in force - 9 posts
Pool Cleaning - 1 posts
20,417 ??? - 35 posts
Arenal 2000 - Benalmadena - 2 posts
niel - 2 posts
can anyone help me???? - 2 posts
INTERNET BANKING - SCAM EMAILS - 7 posts
inspect a home spain - 6 posts
inspect a home spain - 2 posts
Legal action against Palmera Properties and Mirador - 2 posts
EASYJET... NEW ROUTE FROM MAY ... NEWCASTLE TO MURCIA - 0 posts
Can anyone help me??? - 1 posts
EasyJet have released Bristol to Murcia & Alicante summer flights - 15 posts
Mojon Hills nr Puerto de Mazarron, Region of Murcia - 0 posts
Automatic Rip Off - 3 posts
Agents cash back lies - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x