Postal Deliveries

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Dec 2007 12:00 AM by rayleer Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

Does anyone know if it is a legal requirement for there to be mailboxes for all the apartments within an urbanisation (e.g a block of mailboxes, one for each apartment) ?

Like 0      
04 Dec 2007 6:04 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

I don't know weather it's a legal requirement to have a block of post boxes, one for each apartment........BUT...............if you want your post delivered from the Correos you will need to hae one. Just make sure each one is numbered correctly from top to bottom...............NOT from left to right...............or they will not deliver. Also, if you have the post boxes glassed in DO NOT have locks put on cos the Correos will not longer carry keys to unlock them and you never know when they are coming !!

This info is re. Costa Blanca....................don't know about elsewhere.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
04 Dec 2007 9:27 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

I can only speak for Torremolinos - this may not apply elsewhere: after a few weeks (was it months, I don't remember?) in our new building, one of the neighbours took it upon herself (bless her) to assault the local postie and demand to know why he had not delivered ANY mail to us yet. He said "your building isn't on my round". Funny, since the buildings either side and all around us appeared to be. Our neighbour then went to the local Post Office to complain, and was told that unless we "apply" to be included in their deliveries, they would not deliver to us, because, that's right, we were not on one of their rounds! So she politely asked ("applied") to be included, and the next day we all received our mail - which mostly consisted of overdue bills, of course!

Just a warning!

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
04 Dec 2007 9:30 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
Yes, forgot to mention Roberto, that we also had to apply to the Correos. In our case we had to present 'official' proof that we existed via the Administrator. Then wait.......................................and wait..................................................and wait.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
05 Dec 2007 8:46 AM by rayleer Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

Thanks for the replies.

We get our post delivered, but at the moment it is collected by our Security Guard, kept in his office and then collected by the owners. For this privilege we pay his company €32,000 per year for his 8hour day shift ! (he does little else during the day but sit in his office and let contractors in).

The idea is to get rid of the security guard and install mailboxes, but an owner has complained, firstly that the mailboxes are not legally required and secondly there will be an overflow of mail. There is a conflict between what our administrator states (legally required), and what the owner claims, so I just wanted to clarify the situation.

I should have said the urbanisation is in Costa Mijas.

Like 0      
05 Dec 2007 6:12 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
Never mind mailboxes, tell your community I'll come and sit on my backside 8 hours a day for half what you're paying now! Hell, I'll even bring the mail round to your front doors if you like!

Mark Twain

Like 0      
06 Dec 2007 9:17 AM by rayleer Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

You don't know the half of it.

How would you like to pay community fees of over 5,000 per year ?

Hence, my other post re Gardeners and pool cleaners. (Current total of 54,000 per year for the two contracts!).

Like 0      
06 Dec 2007 12:56 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
You are NOT paying Community fees of over 5,000€ each year surely??????????????????

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
06 Dec 2007 1:13 PM by rayleer Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

My daughter is. Mine are 'only' 3700. Needless to say I am attempting to organise owners to revolt against these extortionate fees at the AGM early next year.

Like 0      
06 Dec 2007 1:17 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
So whereabouts do you live? I am astonished by this!!

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
06 Dec 2007 1:22 PM by rayleer Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

I live in an urbanisation in Mijas Golf.  Costa del Sol.

The worst aspect of all this is that there are some owners who are quite happy to pay these fees and think they are getting a good service. It is amazing that they do not believe me when I tell them the fees should be at least 30% - 50% lower than they are with no adverse consquencies.

Like 0      
06 Dec 2007 1:39 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Do you have to maintain the bloomimg golf course then??

you seem to be paying more than council tax in England..........how many of you in Urb?

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
06 Dec 2007 1:54 PM by rayleer Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

We have to pay some towards the local community. The urb has 102 apartments. 3 swimming pools and 15 lifts. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Like 0      
06 Dec 2007 3:28 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
We have 184 apartments, 4 lifts and only one pool. Everything is inside except the pool and is cleaned twice a week in summer and once a week in winter. The pool is sorted every day in high season and as needed in winter. The lifts have telephone alarm and that costs 100€ every 3 monthe rent so 400€ for 4. The periferal road has lights as do the corridors etc etc and we have a bit of garden in the pool area which does not cost much to do. We pay 300€ per year. Do not understand, even with 15 lifts and 3 pools why yours is so much.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
07 Dec 2007 9:16 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Rayleer!!!!

Those community fees are daylight robbery!!!

Our President has a finger on the pulse and keeps a close watch on costs.

Your President must have a finger in the pie..................get an accountact in immediately!!

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
07 Dec 2007 2:06 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

We pay a bit less than €2000 per year for the maintenance of the one lift, including the telephone line. So 15 lifts split between 102 properties would cost about the same as Karen pays in total - just for the lifts! (I must say Karen's fee seems extraordinarily low)

15 lifts (one for every 7 apartments or so!) and 3 pools seems a lot for only 102 properties, so I'm not surprised the community charge is high. But even so, €54000 per year should be enough for 4 full time employees - does it really take that to maintain the gardens and pools? Maybe, I don't know.

I would not recommend employing staff directly, as the community will then also pay their social security, and holiday pay etc., and employment law very much favours the employee, so getting rid of bad workers can be troublesome. Best in my opinion to use outside contractors. I would suggest to rayleer that you take it upon yourself to get a couple of quotes for the garden & pool maintenance, in preparation for the AGM, a) to satisfy yourself that you are paying too much for these services, and b) to prove it to the doubters in the community. Any community member is entitled to obtain and present quotes, so why not do so, and go to the AGM armed.

Good luck.

Mark Twain

Like 0      
07 Dec 2007 3:27 PM by rayleer Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

FibbyUK....you may very well think that, I couldn't possibly comment ! 

Roberto... I am already on the case re quotes etc and can show substantial possible savings. I have prepared a budget and just need to finalise a couple of things ready for the AGM.  In answer to your question re gardens etc...It is currently a two person job and no, it doesn't need to cost that much.   

Like 0      
07 Dec 2007 5:18 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
Rayleer For President!

Mark Twain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Urbanisation Gardeners and pool cleaners - 0 posts
Media Scaremongering - 3 posts
Looking to buy in 2008 - 20 posts
Places to stay in Cadiz & Jerez - 9 posts
Gardens in Spain - 4 posts
Mortgage Option - 33 posts
A very happy Christmas & New Year from Morerosado - 30 posts
People power vs Orihuela Costa townhall. - 10 posts
Books and Greeting Cards to Spain - 15 posts
Nerves - What are the keys to a successful move and staying and enjoying Spain - 26 posts
Motorcycling in Spain - 6 posts
New traffic laws now in force - 9 posts
Pool Cleaning - 1 posts
20,417 ??? - 35 posts
Arenal 2000 - Benalmadena - 2 posts
niel - 2 posts
can anyone help me???? - 2 posts
INTERNET BANKING - SCAM EMAILS - 7 posts
inspect a home spain - 6 posts
inspect a home spain - 2 posts
Legal action against Palmera Properties and Mirador - 2 posts
EASYJET... NEW ROUTE FROM MAY ... NEWCASTLE TO MURCIA - 0 posts
Can anyone help me??? - 1 posts
EasyJet have released Bristol to Murcia & Alicante summer flights - 15 posts
Mojon Hills nr Puerto de Mazarron, Region of Murcia - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 18

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x