New traffic laws now in force

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Dec 2007 12:00 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Spain accepted new traffic laws in November and which come into force this month.

It is a strengthening of the sanctions - prison sanctions are introduced for REALLY going far too fast, being quite over the drink limits, driving whilst using the mobile phone etc. the prison limits go upto 6 months.

There is quite a lot, the best is to check the following link:

http://www.dgt.es/dgt_informa/normat...LETONORMAS.pdf

English translation of the El Mundo newspaper here (scroll down to details, sometimes takes a couple of goes to get it but it does show) 

NEW CRIMINAL CODE ON ROAD SAFETY

Speed, alcohol and driving without a license can cost from jail today  

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=http://www.elmundo.es/&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=1&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3Delmundo%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG

General paper, in English, can be viewed here
http://translate.google.com/translat...%3Den%26sa%3DG

This message was last edited by morerosado on 12/2/2007.

Like 0      
03 Dec 2007 2:29 PM by AuntieEm Star rating in Scarborough. 287 posts Send private message

AuntieEm´s avatar

and you expect me to drive under these conditions!!!!  I will be in the "crawler" lane, just incase!

Like 0      
03 Dec 2007 2:43 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Like 0      
03 Dec 2007 4:18 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Errrrrrrrrrm!!

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
10 Dec 2007 1:47 PM by Sonia El Star rating in Wales / Carvajal, F.... 212 posts Send private message

Having returned to UK last week (hubby drove from Malaga to Bilbao in one day!) I think it may take some time for the new rules to be rigorously implemented, just like here.

From the way everyone drives how are they going to tell if someone has been drinking. Also isn't it compulsory to have alcohol with your coffee? It seems that way in all the roadside stops.

By the way does anyone else think that the P&O Bilbao ferry is one big rip off? Expensive and dirty. Our first and last experiece. We'd rather drive through France and have decent meals on route.

Like 0      
12 Dec 2007 2:05 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

You say that but just after midnight on the fist day of december poor guy got caught speeding. Result was 720 euro fine, 20 hours community service and an 8 months ban!!

There were others with some being jailed. The cops here do this, go in hard then everyone is scared so ensure they dont get caught. We went out last night and OH didnt drink at all as was driving! - I had his share!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
12 Dec 2007 8:10 PM by johnone Star rating in La Reserva de Marbel.... 233 posts Send private message

12 Dec 2007 8:21 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Johnone

You are totally out of order with your latest post. There is absolutely no need to make such rude personal comments, under any circumstances.

The season of goodwill has obviously passed you by.

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
12 Dec 2007 10:25 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I stopped posting on another forum because of the personal, bitchy remarks that were made to other posters. Let's not bring this forum down to that level eh? Yes the traffic laws are a serious subject, but there is room for a little humour in most walks of life, it takes the edge off of an otherwise monotonous (but very necessary) subject.

Mark

Like 0      
12 Dec 2007 11:10 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

I have deleted my own post as it's irrelevant now though I hope many saw it.  

Johnone has been banned from posting in future.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 12/13/2007.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Pool Cleaning - 1 posts
20,417 ??? - 35 posts
Arenal 2000 - Benalmadena - 2 posts
niel - 2 posts
can anyone help me???? - 2 posts
INTERNET BANKING - SCAM EMAILS - 7 posts
inspect a home spain - 6 posts
inspect a home spain - 2 posts
Legal action against Palmera Properties and Mirador - 2 posts
EASYJET... NEW ROUTE FROM MAY ... NEWCASTLE TO MURCIA - 0 posts
Can anyone help me??? - 1 posts
EasyJet have released Bristol to Murcia & Alicante summer flights - 15 posts
Mojon Hills nr Puerto de Mazarron, Region of Murcia - 0 posts
Automatic Rip Off - 3 posts
Agents cash back lies - 2 posts
Data Protection Act 1999 - 5 posts
Expenditure before establishment of community...... liable or not? - 6 posts
Diabetics in Spain - Medication cost and Medical care - 7 posts
Handball club(s) in granada! - 0 posts
What happened to Interealty? - 6 posts
Health advice - 2 posts
ToysRUs now in Elche, Costa Blanca, just in time for Christmas. - 14 posts
LOVING HOME NEEDED FOR 2 SMALL DOGS - 4 posts
Paying your own taxes in Spain BE AWARE - 0 posts
Embed code in edit feature - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x