Community administrators

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Sep 2021 5:09 PM by leicsguy Star rating in leicester. 17 posts Send private message

We are in the process of selling out villa at dorado country club el campello .we have been asked for the details of the community admin by our solicitor, we have no idea even if there is one . Is this usual ? There arnt any facilities there , only some of the later built properties shard pools , but we dont. The builder was Gama , who,our solicitor tells us went out of business . 

Like 0      
25 Sep 2021 6:54 PM by Jarvi Star rating in Halifax UK and Sucin.... 757 posts Send private message

If you don't have a Community of owners and don't pay any community fees (not council tax or non resident taxes) then you have no community so therefore there is no admin person to give to your Solicitor

Like 1      
25 Sep 2021 7:25 PM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

Your solicitor is being a bit lazy, they can easily find out for sure with your local town hall.

From what you say there probably isn't one, but don't let them give you the run around - this is what you pay to do.

Another failing of Spanish solicitors is failing to put anything in writing - if something goes wrong it's your word against theirs, so beware!  As the vendor you're not so exposed - but it's not a bad thing to confirm anything potentially contentious to them.

Like 2      
25 Sep 2021 11:02 PM by nigel188 Star rating in Estepona. 656 posts Send private message

Hi

I can not find any infotrmation on your Community online. Suggest you ask your question on this forum below.

https://www.costablancaforum.com/area/el-campello-spain-48/general-el-campello-discussion-9/

Good Luck

Nigel

Like 1      
26 Sep 2021 10:04 AM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

I wonder ..if you have all the legal paperwork at hand to sell your property on ..I recently sold a villa on Camposol ..i needed the Escutura / Fin de Obra / proof that the gas / electric / water  bills/ IBI had been paid and still connected / energy efficiency certificate ..I was informed that if all these documents are not present the sale would not go through..we later found out that the swimming pool did not have a license ..it cost €4,000 to have the pool inspected and a licensed issued.

Like 1      
26 Sep 2021 12:05 PM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

I had the same problem when I bought a few years ago - when I asked the solicitor in Mazarron to explain himself he unashamedly replied "you didn't tell me the property had a swimming pool".  I replied telling him that I had no idea a licence was required for a pool and I was expecting good advice from him that I was paying for, but he refused to correct their error (no longer a PAL of mine!).

As a generalism, solicitors in Spain do not begin to have the professional standards you expect.  To make it worse Town Hall planning departments delight in exploiting this with bureaucracy and fines.  It's a disgrace, but heyho, one of the hazards of buying property in Spain.

Like 1      
27 Sep 2021 2:36 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

I think you (OP) would know if your property is part of a community (assuming you've owned it for a little while). Your lawyer, on the other hand, cannot be presumed to know anything about the property, so it is no doubt simply a standard question they ask all clients. Just tell them there is no community and therefore no administrator.

I have one simple rule I tell people when dealing with Spanish lawyers: they will (usually) answer all your questions - but they will never tell you what questions you should be asking. It's advisable therefore to gem up on the whole selling process, and do not rely on your lawyer telling you what you need to know or do.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 1      
27 Sep 2021 3:34 PM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

The Law Society Property information form can be useful as an "aide memoire" to ask the right questions, it's mostly relevant.  Invariably any agent will know nothing, but that won't stop many of them saying the words you want to hear.

Also, be aware that there is no disclosure of material fact requirement in Spain, as required in the UK these days.  "Caveat emptor" hardly exists in UK conveyancing now - it most certainly does in Spain, and some!

I bought a flat a while ago and was shown round by the vendor, including the double sparking space and storage cuboard on the ground floor.  But when the sale agreement was handed to me for signature the latter was not included!  It's too easy to drop your guard - no proper property details, nothing in writing, the solicitors don't consider themselves as looking after your interests.  In practice they don't have any such professional duty either.  You're on your own.

Like 1      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Blocking a rental license - 18 posts
210 Form - 4 posts
Casares - 3 posts
ending a rental contract early - 7 posts
Utilities when selling a house - 7 posts
Two months rental required Torrevieja - 1 posts
Will criminal record affect job prospects - 1 posts
parking at malaga airport - 4 posts
Villa to rent in Alicante - Costa Blanca - Spain - 0 posts
external drive vs usb - 5 posts
Form 210 - 3 posts
Cost of prescriptions issued by Spanish GP - 3 posts
Capital Gains Tax rollover relief - 1 posts
Day 2 test arriving Scotland - 1 posts
AGM - 3 posts
Name incorrect on NIE Document - 3 posts
AZ vaccine UK - 4 posts
TIE deadline for British Residents? - 9 posts
All won cases in 2021-Costaluz Lawyers - 0 posts
Problem with Endesa gas contract - 8 posts
Costaluz Lawyers, Testimonials - 1 posts
Dual/ triple nationality - 11 posts
Testimony - Costaluz Lawyers - 1 posts
General info on buying process - 10 posts
Engineer that sets up security system - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x