Name incorrect on NIE Document

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Aug 2021 12:34 PM by pattirw Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hello there,  

I'm new to your group so excited to learn a lot from this group.  My fault for not noticing earlier but I looked at my NIE document and they have put my middle name as 'Citizen' which is very odd but I wondered how difficult it was to change this and how do I go about doing so.  I have a bank account and mortgage in Spain so they clearly accepted it then.  Perhaps I am panicking for no reason but just wanted to ask you wise people.  Thank you

Like 0      
10 Aug 2021 1:49 PM by eos_ian Star rating in Valencia. 506 posts Send private message

eos_ian´s avatar

Hello Pattirw,

Welcome!

You will need to book an appointment with the local foreigner's office - Oficina de extranjeria/policia and ask them for a "Solicitud de Rectificación de Datos en el NIE". You will need to accompany the request with your passport or birth certificate, which shows your names' correct spelling or order. That should be it, I have never done it personally, so if you do manage to do so, please let us know how it went, for future reference. It shouldn't be too much of an ordeal. It should be straightforward...

Ian :   EOS TEAM MEMBER 

www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/ianandspain.aspx

Like 0      
10 Aug 2021 2:34 PM by pattirw Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi Ian.

Thank you so much for your response and it sounds fairly simple for Spain (famous last words :) )  Yes absolutely, will keep you posted on how easy the process is for making this change.  It's just a case of when I can get out there, cannot wait to visit again but let's see how things go with Covid over the next few months.  Kind regards

Like 0      
27 Aug 2021 12:00 PM by tteedd Star rating in Hertfordshire & Punt.... 990 posts Send private message

I did not notice that they had put my wife's birth date on my NIE.

Bought and sold two properties with this NIE but when I bought a car I could not register it as my birthdate on my NIE was different to my passport. So the car ended up in my wife's name.

Changing it was two hours in a queue at the policia local. 30 minutes at the bank paying, then another hour in the police queue.

This message was last edited by tteedd on 27/08/2021.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

AZ vaccine UK - 4 posts
TIE deadline for British Residents? - 9 posts
All won cases in 2021-Costaluz Lawyers - 0 posts
Problem with Endesa gas contract - 8 posts
Costaluz Lawyers, Testimonials - 1 posts
Dual/ triple nationality - 11 posts
Testimony - Costaluz Lawyers - 1 posts
General info on buying process - 10 posts
Engineer that sets up security system - 3 posts
Data collecting with AI - 2 posts
A good optician needed - 0 posts
Alarm and cctv system regulation - 3 posts
Should I reuse/ resell my baby camera? - 8 posts
The Flood Gates are Opening... - 0 posts
Does your occupation matter when it comes to dating? - 12 posts
Comparison of new versus previous electricity rates - 13 posts
Advice wanted Inflatable Hot Tub Costa del Sol Nerja/Malaga region - 1 posts
Green A4 Certificate to TIE - 6 posts
travel between Spain and Portugal - 5 posts
Change of name in Spain - 2 posts
Santa Ana - 0 posts
Change of buying party and extension to timetable - what are a seller’s rights? - 6 posts
Cost of living. 2021 - 58 posts
Buying in condado de alhama - 3 posts
Timing Application for Permanent Residence - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x