bank charges

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Jan 2020 1:05 PM by porkpiepete Star rating. 0 posts

Hi, My father recently visited his bank and he thinks he was told that he had to pay 400 euros into his account every month or he would get a charge. He is with Bankia. Anyone know if this is correct and if it is, what the charges will be?

Like 0      
17 Jan 2020 1:30 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

A bit of a long shot, but perhaps ask the bank.wink

Like 0      
17 Jan 2020 2:56 PM by Jarvi Star rating in Halifax UK and Sucin.... 757 posts Send private message

porkpiepete

I have just taken this from the Bankia website

"At Bankia, we have removed fees for all our customers. Account administration and maintenance fees, fees for ordinary debit cards, fees for transfers with no limit and via any service channel… and, of course, we do not charge for paying in national cheques.You can consult the rest of the information and conditions of the programme JUST FOR BEING YOU. Additionally, you have all the information on Tariffs and Fees available in our footnote" So I suggest you contact their customer services and ask why your Father is being told this.   https://www.bankia.es/en/personal-banking/atencion-cliente

Like 0      
17 Jan 2020 2:57 PM by juansheetisplenty Star rating in Cartagena. 283 posts Send private message

juansheetisplenty´s avatar

I am with Bankia and yes they do charge around 15 Euros a quarter maintenance charge, plus 28 Euros for a debit card, unless you pay in a certain amount per month. I was told this is around 800 Euros. Probably best if he visits the branch and discusses with them.

Like 0      
17 Jan 2020 5:10 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

We are with Bankia and, if you have a pension, they require 200 euro a month to be paid in. If not then the fees are €6 per month.

Like 0      
17 Jan 2020 8:50 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Bank managers, in Spain, as in U.K. have considerable freedom to vary charges.   Thus one can negotiate charges. 

This message was last edited by johnzx on 17/01/2020.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Planning bathroom upgrade should a bathroom fan be considered - 6 posts
Moving to Spain because of BREXIT - 8 posts
Alicante airport fire - 2 posts
Holiday home in Almeria - 4 posts
Garden Rubbish - 15 posts
healthcare working in Gib living in Spain - 6 posts
Mercadona Renovations - 4 posts
Costa Blanca - 0 posts
Joining two Apartments together in an Apartment Block - 7 posts
Security advice, please - 2 posts
Which area to live in Spain - 4 posts
How do I get my apartment back? - 12 posts
Does anyone actually understand reclaiming Witholding Tax on Share Dividends if you are a UK resident - 30 posts
Bank´s liability on custody of off plan funds - 56 posts
Merry Christmas from CostaLuz Lawyers - 0 posts
Caretaker Government in Madrid trying to block the planning amnesty for rural homes in Andalusia - 2 posts
How to pay non-residents tax from England - 16 posts
Mobile Phone - 6 posts
Ideas for holiday home by coast - 4 posts
Can someone help me please with a witholding tax reclaim via 210 - 71 posts
Non resident taxes - form 210 - 11 posts
Selling My Quarter Share of My Spanish Apartment - 2 posts
Campo living: how does a deposito work? - 12 posts
Extraordinary Quotas for Future Expenses for Spanish Communities - 8 posts
Car Parking at Malaga Airport - 14 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x