Community fees

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Oct 2019 5:51 PM by EmilyWinchesterson Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

I have written to the administrators asking for a breakdown of my recently paid fees, when I asked in person they said it was for my garage, I explained I do not have a garage, I have emailed them 3 times and they just ignore me, what can I do???

Like 0      
23 Oct 2019 6:09 PM by angeleyes1 Star rating in Camposol & Bradford. 403 posts Send private message

angeleyes1´s avatar

Hello Emily, you do seem to have more than your fair share of problems despite you being some sort of legal advisor.

This maybe a bit of a long shot, but if you have received a bill that is incorrect WHY PAY IT?

Like 0      
23 Oct 2019 8:38 PM by EmilyWinchesterson Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Hello

We were trying to get home ASAP my husband was very very ill and we were trying to ensure all paid etc before we started the journey!   We went to pay the community fee, as we do not live in Spain we always pay the fee in advance, I queried the amount she said it was the garage and the fundos, as mentioned I have emailed several times for a breakdown and they have just ignored me, yes this has been the WORST ever visit to Spain and when I learnt the figures below regarding our medical treatment in SPain I saw red!

Spain received £247.03  million from UK for expats medical, UK received from Spain £3.2 million for their expats, 

Like 1      
23 Oct 2019 9:53 PM by hugh_man Star rating in Kent/Roda . 1593 posts Send private message

hugh_man´s avatar

Part of the problem of the U.K. not having a charge based system, very difficult to get funding back from the residents country.

I received exemplary emergency treatment in Spain but all covered by my EHIC card.

Community Fees are set annually at the AGM in a budget approved by all owners with a breakdown of all budgeted items.

Simply ask the Administrator or President for copies of these.

Like 0      
23 Oct 2019 11:16 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

Whilst I'm struggling to find a link with community fees for a garage and the amount paid for medical treatment, how much was this overpayment? 

We have underground garages which the owners pay community fees for and it is around 7 euro a quarter. As hugh_man says, check your minutes and find out. 

And, just as an aside, there are around 125,000 Spanish people living in UK. Official numbers from UK living in Spain is around 300,000 and we know that is only about half the true amount. Add in the fact that there were 18 million British visiting Spain last year with just 2.5 million Spansih visiting UK then I think it's obvious why the discrepancy.

That and the UK health authorities are notoriously bad at claiming from other countries.

Like 0      
24 Oct 2019 1:49 AM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

According to this article dated February 2019

https://www.theolivepress.es/spain-news/2019/02/07/up-to-700000-british-expats-could-become-illegal-aliens-overnight-after-march-29/

According to the government figures, there are 300,000 British expats registered in Spain, but Azzopardi estimates there are between 500,000 and 700,000 others either living unregistered or with an interest in Spain who could soon become illegal.

It goes on to suggest 

UP TO 700,000 BRITISH EXPATS COULD BECOME ‘ILLEGAL ALIENS’ OVERNIGHT.....”

Is this correct Mariedav?

Does this mean that having agreed a deal and after Brexit Spain intends to create a residency database that could be shared with the UK to overcome expat abuse in both countries? ( I.e. abuse of non payment of tax in Spain and ability for the UK to correctly reclaim medical funding that is based upon residency rules)? In other words, to the mutual benefit of both countries?

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

having a tow bar fitted - 1 posts
Advice Please - Re-Rgeistering my GB car from Spanish plates back to UK - 5 posts
Contracting for overseas employer as Autonomo - 2 posts
"Bosque verde" toilet products. - 9 posts
Caravan towing - 5 posts
AMBULATORIA ESTEPONA DISCRIMINATION - 4 posts
Fuengirola - 2 posts
SPANISH LESSONS MOJACAR - 2 posts
iPad battery - 1 posts
Hi from an Owner in Tenerife - 13 posts
Yearly Tax on Form 210 for non-residents - 1 posts
Helpline in English for Santander es? - 20 posts
Business Non_Profit Cheque Account closed at Solbank in 2019 - 3 posts
Tamara Essex - 0 posts
WEATHER MOJACAR PLAYA - 3 posts
Pre house purchase Walk Through - 4 posts
Recent Storms - 8 posts
Builder looking for work - 27 posts
Rental sites - 8 posts
Returning after 6 years in UK - 76 posts
I'm selling my 2 bedroom flat in Torrequebrada(Malaga) - 2 posts
RECIPROCITY - IN A 'NO DEAL ' CONTEXT - 18 posts
Latest weather and Murcia airport - 24 posts
Operation Yellow Hammer - 159 posts
A Cunning Plan.. - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x