Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 Mar 2019 8:22 AM by Mrsubby Star rating. 75 posts Send private message

Car hire also rip off at Corvera.

like for like hire dates times car etc, lot more expensive than Alicante, 

Alicante is looking more favourable as a lot of the flights are cheaper too.

only extra 10 mins travel for me so well worth it to fly into Alicante.

Corvera aren’t  doing themselves any favours.

Like 1      
28 Mar 2019 9:02 AM by acer Star rating. 1528 posts Send private message

When I was there last week it was still only half-open with lots of commercial units unoccupied. 

Therefore is it not likely that prices will settle down once Corvera is fully functional?  Whilst there is a lack of choice some vendors will exploit their short term monopoly situation.  Market forces and all that?

Like 0      
28 Mar 2019 9:56 AM by angeleyes1 Star rating in Camposol & Bradford. 403 posts Send private message

angeleyes1´s avatar

But this is all part of the Spanish culture, laid back, drag their heels, anytime will do, it’s the reason most of us come to Spain to get away from the UK rat race. However some expats want the best of both worlds with dynamic action and Corvera airport like star wars overnight. It just won’t happen and some expats need to learn some patience.

Market forces don’t make it compulsory to use the commercial units; ** EDITED - offensive ** 

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 3/28/2019 7:34:00 PM.

Like 0      
30 Mar 2019 12:05 PM by johnmcmahon Star rating. 335 posts Send private message

I'm hearing the bus services have been drastically cut. Don't know what the schedule has been but some are saying it's drastically cut........http://interbusmurcia.es/2019/03/29/lineas-de-autobus-aeropuerto-internacional-region-de-murcia-01042019/?fbclid=IwAR3wlghPsHnF56dlF1gya2IcwjIeyjn7wAsLyPZdzgG7lOFGuiZUlC41WXI 

Like 0      
30 Mar 2019 1:41 PM by angeleyes1 Star rating in Camposol & Bradford. 403 posts Send private message

angeleyes1´s avatar

** EDITED - Against forum rules - inciting **

This message was last edited by angeleyes1 on 30/03/2019.

Like 0      
30 Mar 2019 3:46 PM by acer Star rating. 1528 posts Send private message

You're right angeleyes - (I used to call a girlfriend by that name) - there are some good positives too.

I read yesterday in Murcia Today that today (Saturday) there a record number of flights expected to use Corvera compared to San Javier. 

I think it was 22 which seems amazing.   I recall on one occasion, only a year or two ago, mine was the only flight at San Javier that day.  There's talk of flight to other places than to and from northern europe also.  If I recall the runway is long enough to be capable of coping with the largest aircraft, not just short haul which was the San Javier limitation.

Like 1      
30 Mar 2019 4:53 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

If I recall the runway is long enough to be capable of coping with the largest aircraft, not just short haul which was the San Javier limitation.

There are markings on each of the gates for B787, which I assume is the Dreamliner. I must say though that I am surprised there are no jetways there if they are looking at international and not just the budgets. I was also surprised to see full size fuel tankers, when a lot of modern airports now have a bulk, pressurised system.

Like 0      
14 Jul 2019 4:43 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Flying to Corvera again in September, are there any improvements? I'm hoping there is a bit more available in departures and the termnal.

Like 0      
15 Jul 2019 3:07 PM by acer Star rating. 1528 posts Send private message

Nothing major, but gradually taking shape.  I really like the cafe on the ground floor, where you can sit outside if you wish. 

The speed limits on the run in from Fuente Alamo make you laugh, it changes from 60kph to 80kph must me 20 times some within 60 metres of each other, than back again - weird, but...this is...

Like 0      
03 Aug 2019 12:10 PM by acer Star rating. 1528 posts Send private message

I picked up some guests staying with us a few days ago and they were extremely impressed by Corvera.  Previously they had used San Javier which they thought was great, but they became instant big fans of the new place. 

The speed from leaving the aircraft to be on the road with their hire car was the main factor.  I didn't have a stop watch but it was probably less than 15 minutes.  The car hire desk was particularly good - 5 staff and only limited attempts to sell you add-ons you don't want.  They used Gold Star, but it looks like most have got the message.

Like 2      
22 Sep 2019 2:17 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Flew back yesterday. Between security and border there is a panini/ coffeee shop (closed when we got there). Through the border there is now a Costa and a Subway, plus some smaller shops alongside the duty free shop. a 40 minute queue for a sandwich was a bit much to bear, our flight started boarding just as we were paying, and it isn't exactly cheap either. that said, at least there is something there now. Security were also pulling up people for fluids in their hand luggage this time, whereas before I had seen passengers just going through as normal with undeclared liquids.

Mark

Like 0      
22 Sep 2019 5:01 PM by acer Star rating. 1528 posts Send private message

Markfish,

You must have been very unlucky.  I went throught there a couple of weeks ago and the cafe on the ground floor was doing a roaring trade and all well priced. 

There seems to be an extra business unit open each time we fly from there and bottles of chilled water sell at €1 a go from a dispensing machine.  All ticketyboo. 

But we flew at 17.00 hours, I guess some of the facilities must be close out of peak times.

Like 0      
22 Sep 2019 6:20 PM by angeleyes1 Star rating in Camposol & Bradford. 403 posts Send private message

angeleyes1´s avatar

Markfish if this is a big issue for you why not take sandwiches and drinks with you.

You are allowed to take your own drinks on Ryanair but will need to pay €30 baggage charge, so best one of you takes all the water through.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Retrieving stolen property - 0 posts
Door to Door Salesman - 7 posts
BOGUS POLICEMEN? - 4 posts
Maria can you please comment..... - 0 posts
For Sale - 3 posts
Spanish government launches website to warn about effects of Brexit - 14 posts
long term parking options near Barcelona airport - 0 posts
Freelancing in Spain vs Portugal - 1 posts
Taxi to condado - 10 posts
Best Guitar for Kids? - 19 posts
Tax letter from bank - 5 posts
Property Retention Tax - 4 posts
Road Trip from Santander to Torreviaje - 0 posts
Mortgage Floor clause - 3 posts
GoFundMe campaign for Property Rights Association AUAN - 0 posts
Buying a new car - 1 posts
Not receiving e-mail notifications for new forum posts - 4 posts
HomeAway Web Site now sending income to Spanish Tax authorities - 3 posts
Deal or no Deal - 72 posts
Costaluz lawyers - 4 posts
Problem with Primary school teacher - 4 posts
water tank waterproofing - 0 posts
Formentera del Segura. Problems with gipsy families - 2 posts
Coding in Spanish state education - 0 posts
Zenmate - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 33

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x