Can't complete on time. Can the contract be extended?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
27 Nov 2017 1:38 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Traditionally, the IBI has always been payable by whoever holds title to a property on January 1st of the calendar year in question - so if you own a property on Jan 1st, you are liable for the IBI whether you own the property for the whole year, or sell it, whether that be in January or December. 

There was a High Court ruling last year I think, allowing for sellers to pass on a pro-rata amount of the IBI to the buyer, but as far as I know town halls will still hold the title holder as of Jan 1st liable, and therefore it's up to the seller to claim this proportion from the buyer by private agreement. Since like most things in Spain tradition usually holds sway over law, at least for some time, it's unlikely that the new ruling will be enforced in any meaningful way for the forseeable future. In the case in question here, it's highly unlikely that the seller is going to bother claiming approx. 1/12th  of their IBI payment for 2017 from Catlady.

As for the tax office making claims for additional transmission tax, I've personally heard of cases where the buyer has had a tax demand within just a few months of purchasing, so I presume the 4 years mentioned refers to the statute of limitations - although I thought it was 5 years rather than 4. In my experience, when the tax office believe they are owed money they move fairly quickly; if they owe a rebate, it can take ages for the wheels of bureaucracy to turn!

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Winter Rentals - 7 posts
How to contact moviestar by email - 6 posts
Sending Parcels to Spain - with no postal address ?? - 24 posts
residencia - 3 posts
Car tyres - 20 posts
Winter in Southern Spain. - 7 posts
Floor Clause - 5 posts
Take action against noisy neighbours before we rent flat out? - 4 posts
Residency - 3 posts
Emulsion for stone interior walls - 3 posts
Costa Blanca Sales - 1 posts
Are Menu Translations Getting Worse? https://goo.gl/forms/ZySDAZGKT8Xx5V6k2 - 0 posts
Ciudad Quesada rental - 3 posts
Modelo 210 - 13 posts
The Comunity President May Not Be A Legal Resident - 2 posts
sub community fees - 3 posts
Renting a Car for 1.65 Cent a day.... - 4 posts
Query re claims against Banks with head office in Barcelona - 6 posts
Not receiving email enquirers on property? - 6 posts
FRENCH AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL STRIKES - 0 posts
UK Flights - 11 posts
‘certificado de empadronamiento’ Discounts - 2 posts
Undercoat for white gloss - 3 posts
Pre-court proceedings - 27 posts
Modelo 210 for Los Alcazares, Murcia - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 43

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x