Seguro Parking

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Jan 2017 9:30 PM by beglap01 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Any one else suffered with car write off due to the flooding at Seguro Parking.

I have and am very unhappy about the outcome.

Like 0      
05 Jan 2017 10:28 AM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

What is / was the outcome?

Like 0      
05 Jan 2017 10:33 AM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Any one else suffered with car write off due to the flooding at Seguro Parking.

I have and am very unhappy about the outcome.

Have they told you that, presuming it's your own car, you have to claim of your own personall insurance for any repairs or damage done, like Tadd has asked give some more information over and you could get some good help and perhaps advice.

Like 1      
05 Jan 2017 1:10 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Beglap

I suggest you speak to your insurance company as the damage will almost certainly be covered by Consorcio de Compensación de Seguros

Like 0      
05 Jan 2017 1:34 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

I suggest you speak to your insurance company as the damage will almost certainly be covered by Consorcio de Compensación de Seguros

Not necessarily, might be, probably not, anyway whats the chances of getting an answer back from yet another one post person....If this poster even exists?

Like 1      
05 Jan 2017 2:11 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Not necessarily, might be, probably not, anyway whats the chances of getting an answer back from yet another one post person....If this poster even exists?

Baz there does seem to be a lot of posters asking familiar / repeat questions. Has the black book been foundsmiley

You never know the car parking company may have insurance. What does it say in the parking contract etc etc etc

I know a guy who works for Seguro I will ask him

Like 1      
05 Jan 2017 2:32 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

http://www.consorseguros.es/web/inicio

Requirements for compensation

In order to be entitled to compensation from the Consorcio for the damages suffered as a result of a phenomenon derived from the extraordinary risks that this body covers, the following conditions must be met:

1. Protection against extraordinary risks is compulsorily linked to the valid subscription of an insurance policy in certain fields. The fact of subscribing an insurance cover in any of these fields (or any combination of them) will be accompanied by the obligation of having covered the same goods at least for the same insured amounts, against extraordinary risks.
  2. The fields that include cover for extraordinary risks are the following:
    • In insurance against damages: fires and natural events, land vehicles (damages to the vehicle in any case, and from July, 2016, also the insurance policies that cover only legal liability), railway vehicles, other damages to the goods (theft, breakage of windows, damages to machinery, electronic equipment and computers), sundry financial losses and combined modalities of the above.
    • In personal insurance: life and accidents, although these covers are contracted in a complementary way to another type of insurance or within the framework of a pension plan.
  3. Payment of the premium. In order for the Consorcio to pay the compensation for extraordinary risks, the policy holder must be up-to-date in the payment of the policy's premium for the insurance that belongs to any of the abovementioned fields, where a surcharge is included in favour of the Consorcio de Compensación de Seguros, which must appear expressly mentioned on the receipt.
  4. Period of grace. The affected person will be entitled to the Consorcio's compensation once 7 days have passed from the policy issue date, or from the date of it coming into effect, if this were to be later, unless the inexistence of insurable interest may be demonstrated prior to this date. The cover will not be understood to have been interrupted and therefore the period of grace will be inapplicable when the issue of a new policy occurs before the legal suspension of the effects of the previous one.

This period of grace is only applicable in material losses for natural events, and personal damages are exempt from a period of grace, whatever the reason that caused the accident claim and the material damages, if they had occurred for events derived from human will.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
05 Jan 2017 2:52 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Seguro have been posting on their facebook page and all clients have been emailed with details and insurance claims etc.

Like 0      
05 Jan 2017 3:07 PM by juansheetisplenty Star rating in Cartagena. 283 posts Send private message

juansheetisplenty´s avatar

Yes I checked the Facebook page too as I am a customer. They are in my experience very responsive. Seems to be a gap between first post by a new poster and their facebook page.........hmmm!???

Like 0      
05 Jan 2017 4:33 PM by tteedd Star rating in Hertfordshire & Punt.... 990 posts Send private message

How many cars involved?

We have used seguro for the past three years, but they wanted full whack at renewal in November and we wanted some work done so we did not renew. Our car is in our underground garage spot!

Anywhere else for info? don't use social media.

This message was last edited by tteedd on 05/01/2017.

Like 0      
05 Jan 2017 5:15 PM by juansheetisplenty Star rating in Cartagena. 283 posts Send private message

juansheetisplenty´s avatar

Anywhere else for info? don't use social media.

Tteed, if you do a google it is an open facebook page....no need to log in as I do not do social media either. However, if anybody has visited San Javier airport in the last month you will realise the extent of the flooding. The car park was mud! The airport did close for a day and and the whole area was inundated with water. To such an extent that UK supermarkets were importing salad vegetables by plane from the US as Murcia was so badly hit..

Saludos

Like 0      
05 Jan 2017 5:29 PM by beglap01 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

My insurance is a UK based insurance company so the Spanish Consorcio will not get involved.  UK insurance immediately wrote the car off.  Seguro had circa 400 cars affected by the flooding.

Like 0      
05 Jan 2017 6:50 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Some problems arising especially for uk registered cars

Questions are being asked regarding legality of the car in spain etc but biggest problem is some are declared SORN no tax mot etc

The insurance companies are arguing 

Not great news for many

It has been declared a natural disaster but how long it will take is anybodies guess

Most long term car parking places had problems

Like 0      
05 Jan 2017 7:10 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Bedlag

I believe the Consorcio de Compensación de Seguros can only apply to those with Spanish based Insurance, as Spanish policies all include a payment for that cover.

However, I would think that the owners of the parking facility may have a legal liability for damage to the property of their clients.  Worth trying to make a claim against them.   If you get no response I suggest you demand and COMPLETE the complaints form.  You have nothing to loose by doing so.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 05/01/2017.

Like 0      
05 Mar 2017 1:51 PM by Vivcritchley Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

My car has been deemed a write off by the Consorcio after floods at Seguro parking at San Javier airport. Seguro have been amazingly helpful. I had and offer 2 weeks ago, which I accepted and am now waiting for payment.

Does anyone know how long they take to pay out? 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Cost of House Purchase - 24 posts
Need advice for relocating to costa del sol - 0 posts
Amazon Prime Stick - 1 posts
firewood suppliers - 5 posts
Final hearing - 1 posts
White good from Uk - 9 posts
UK plated Spanish LHD Car - 7 posts
Christmas wishes - 0 posts
Your refund linked to Floor Clause in your spanish mortgage - 17 posts
Obvious question I know but any info would be helpful - 4 posts
Chimney Sweep - 1 posts
Mortgage or cash ? - 9 posts
Mortgage Brokers - 0 posts
Notarized copies of documents - 12 posts
IBI demand - 15 posts
Modifying a Spanish Reg'd US built vehicle - 6 posts
Lawyers Liability - 14 posts
Leaky roof. - 25 posts
Registering a UK catering trailer in Spain - 8 posts
dogs in winter - 7 posts
Capital Gains tax refund when selling - 19 posts
floods - 3 posts
supermarkets - 8 posts
Mobility Scooters - 2 posts
Costaluz Lawyers - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 15

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x