Utility bills

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 Aug 2016 10:29 AM by arago Star rating. 21 posts Send private message

This might be a question for Maria : I'm trying to find out if there's any Spanish consumer legislation that compels a utility company to send a customer their bill before taking payment by direct debit.
Our local water company email bills to me and I agreed to that.  The bills are issued every two months on the last day of the month and debited from my account the next day but the email with the bill arrives between 4 & 13 days later. 

I'm planning on making a complaint and it would carry more weight if there's actually some regulation about this.

Like 0      
09 Aug 2016 4:41 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

If the bills are correct then what’s the problem?  If they are not , you can always cancel a DD providing it is within the time period allowed.    Speak to your bank for details

Like 0      
09 Aug 2016 5:54 PM by arago Star rating. 21 posts Send private message

The bills are correct and I know how to cancel a DD. 

As you're interested in why I asked the question : the amount of the bill varies widely for several reasons so I want  notice.  I think that's reasonable and I'd like to know if under Spanish law it's permissable to take payment without having provided a bill.  Any idea?

Like 1      
09 Aug 2016 6:01 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I guess you must have asked the water company to explain what is going wrong.   It would seem that is where to start.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 09/08/2016.

Like 0      
09 Aug 2016 8:38 PM by johnmcmahon Star rating. 335 posts Send private message

It's strange that your water bills vary widely. Most of mine are taken up by the standing charge. Not a lot of difference when I'm not in Spain

Like 0      
10 Aug 2016 8:57 AM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Direct debits can only be taken on or after the 'Due Date' which was agreed at the begining - Change the due date until the 15th of every month.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

UK Bankruptcy effects in Spain - 4 posts
Bus timetables from Formentera del segura to Alicante - 2 posts
wanted animal shelter managers - 0 posts
Corvera claims - 1 posts
Closing bank account - 18 posts
to say hello - 2 posts
HOUSE SITTIG - 0 posts
confused - 10 posts
Jean Here.. - 0 posts
Sip Card Problem - 12 posts
Mobile phone provider in Murcia region - 3 posts
Road from Bilbao to Alicante - 5 posts
why do we have to have community rules when the chosen few will not follow them - 23 posts
NIE certificate period of validity. - 1 posts
One-off tenant in propoerty, is it worth it? - 4 posts
Selling property in Spain. - 2 posts
Very sensible petition on Air conditioning requirement in Andalucia tourist properties - 0 posts
New reductions for IHT in Andalucía- July 2016 - 6 posts
La alcaidesa - 1 posts
Legal alicante - 0 posts
Taxis - 9 posts
Suggestion For good Spanish Names for new born baby? - 5 posts
IKEA Murcia - 2 posts
Spanish Bank Bureaucracy - 11 posts
Driving my English car in Spain - 52 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x