Taxis

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
31 Jul 2016 10:48 AM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Our neighbour has some friends coming over from UK and they cannot pick then up (hospital appointement) so they looked into taxis

A couple of illegals quoted them between 40 & 50€ one way

they then called a couple of official taxis and got quoted 54 to70€

won't post links due to forum rules etc.

not much of a saving considering the risks

Like 0      
31 Jul 2016 10:57 AM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1223 posts Send private message

The official price ALC to Los Montesinos is €57 but if you pre-book it is €54. That's the official ALC taxi website.

Like 0      
31 Jul 2016 11:20 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I believe most taxis do have meters now, but when they did not, I always advised people who did not know to ask the price before getting in.  At that time and maybe still for those without meters, they have a printed list of fares,  so if in doubt ask to see it.

Like 0      
31 Jul 2016 11:36 AM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

mariedav

yes that is what they found and why would anyone take the risk with the illegals for a saving of 14 to 17€

maybe the offcial taxis are getting the mesage with fixed pricing they probably need to advertise this more and put the illegals out of business

Like 0      
31 Jul 2016 11:48 AM by steone Star rating in Santiago de la Riber.... 383 posts Send private message

I wonder how long it is going to be before the police start arresting the passengers in these illegal taxis for aiding and abeting a person from cheating on their taxes, knowingly travelling in an unlicenced vehicle, knowingly travelling in an uninsured vehicle etc.. In Valencia Region ( which includes Alicante ) it is reported that the police are now charging people who buy these 'counterfeit' items with receiving.

The police are saying if we can't stop the 'perps' then we can stop their customers. Very interesting theory

Like 0      
31 Jul 2016 12:06 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1234 posts Send private message

Many airport pick ups/drop offs are genuine friends and family none payment favours. The police would (IMHO) be better served by recording pick ups and drop offs in none licenced vehicles, and then visiting those who appear to be making a living from it.  

I'm Spartacus, well why not?

Like 0      
31 Jul 2016 12:09 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I almost always collect and drop off family and friends at the airport.    I suppose looked at in the broad, that I do not get paid the end result is the same, albeit that it is legal,  I am denying taxis their fares. 

For over 30 years now I have heard rumours of how illegal taxis in Spain will be stopped from operating, but it does not seem to have changed.

Like 0      
31 Jul 2016 4:44 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1234 posts Send private message

Malaga Airport to Calahonda is normally around €55.00 in a legitimate taxi, however we use Viva Airport Transfers, also legitimate but the difference is that they are waiting for you at the airport exit and collect you from your door on the return in a limo, we pre pay in the UK at circa €85.00 return, if that's not cheap enough I don't know what is.

I'm Spartacus, well why not?

Like 0      
31 Jul 2016 5:32 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I do not know how it works now but I remember some years ago that the travel insurance I had only covered missed flights because of breakdowns, traffic jams etc. if the vehicle was a licenced for public use vehicle.  Not even a car owned say by one’s son was covered.

Also, if one were to say breakdown in an unlicensed, illegal,  private taxi how could you hope to complete the journey in time.   With a licenced cab they could radio up another cab.

Like 0      
01 Aug 2016 9:20 AM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Bottom line is that using pirate taxis is false economy and a big risk for the sake of a few euros 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Suggestion For good Spanish Names for new born baby? - 5 posts
IKEA Murcia - 2 posts
Spanish Bank Bureaucracy - 11 posts
Driving my English car in Spain - 52 posts
Whatsapp Calls made without any user intervention - 2 posts
Camper van/ motor home hire - 1 posts
Hi Everyone - 9 posts
Golf bag - 0 posts
Wedding in Spain- help needed! - 18 posts
Looking for a Concert Band in San Javier area - 0 posts
Federación Andaluza de Caza - 3 posts
Does Terrorism unite or divide us? - 14 posts
Terrorism and Religion - 9 posts
Where Is A Nice Day Out + Horse Riding? - 2 posts
Planning permission - 0 posts
Composting toilets - 3 posts
Wanted: child car seat booster - 2 posts
Just a little advice please with putting down new roots in spain - 5 posts
Wanted - 0 posts
moving to Spain 2017 - 5 posts
Planning on retiring to Spain in 2018 - 1 posts
Moving to Spain - 0 posts
Manilva Life Forums - 1 posts
Thinking of buying at Mazarron Country Club - 42 posts
Composting toilets - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x