Information on Healthcare etc in Spain provided by Age Concern

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 Sep 2007 12:00 AM by AuntieEm Star rating in Scarborough. 287 posts Send private message

AuntieEm´s avatar

the following short article is in this month's Living Spain magazine :-

British residents over the age of 50 can call the INFOLINE 902 003 838 for information on living in Spain.  United Kingdom based NGO, Age Concern, is launching an INFOLINE for British nationals living and on holiday in Spain who are over the age of 50.  The telephone service (902 033 838) provides information on social services, medical assistance, obtaining benefits from the UK or how to collect their pensions in Spain.

"The telephone line offers support and a guide to the eldest members of our community who are not sure how to access local social services.  It will be a great help for those who are making the transition to Spain from the UK," said Age Concern board member Sue Mari.

The project is a joint cooperation between the British Consulate and Age Concern,  With this initiative they hope to be able to meet the demands of the growing number of British tourists and residents in Spain.  British Consulate Bruce MacIntyre says it is estimated that there are over one million British expatriates living in Spain.  Every year over two million British tourists come to Malaga and 350,000 Britons are believed to live along Spain's Costa Del Sol and Costa Blanca alone.

Like 0      
09 Sep 2007 7:50 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Thanks for this info Auntie Em, I am sure it will be helpful to lots of members of EOS, but I don't class those of age 50 to be of "the eldest members of the community"! Age concern should chose theri words more wisely!!!

I knew I deserved I lie in today, now I have the excuse! I am over 50...................

regards,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
10 Sep 2007 7:24 AM by AuntieEm Star rating in Scarborough. 287 posts Send private message

AuntieEm´s avatar

im with you Fibby ... I have to say i had a sharp intake of breath when i read that "eldest members of the community" bit them i just presumed they were referring to those WELL over 50, by about another 40 years at least!

Hopefully though the information will be useful to some, and at least people can keep the infoline number handy incase its needed at some time ... including those of us who still feel in the first flush of youth (even if we dont look it!)

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Allegations period of Marbella PGOU open till September the 30th - 1 posts
Confusion - 4 posts
Internet - 2 posts
Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria details please - 4 posts
BBQ's - 21 posts
Order of Postings - 14 posts
deesam56 - 3 posts
Big Increases in Some Mortgage Rates, (EURIBOR 4,763% 7/9/2007) - 3 posts
Norman/Lynne - 9 posts
Electrical Package - 6 posts
Security grills - 10 posts
Changes - 0 posts
Benidorm - 0 posts
Luciano Pavarotti has died aged 71, - 0 posts
Three bedroomed townhouse to for long term rental with broadband - 2 posts
Rafal - 3 posts
La Cala area - 2 posts
Schools in Costa Del Sol - 5 posts
Phone info ....post in here. - 5 posts
Just joined - just starting - 29 posts
PRE PAYMENT METERS - 2 posts
Cost of rewiring - 1 posts
Phase Five - 7 posts
flights to England - 5 posts
Prop management near Los Altos - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x