Bill

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Sep 2007 12:00 AM by patsim Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 5 posts Send private message

Moving to Spain in October,  (early retirement I'm 58 ) would like some info on health care etc.

Like 0      
04 Sep 2007 10:05 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Lots in here. Healthcare in Spain Just click on the blue link.

Like 0      
04 Sep 2007 10:55 AM by TheBantam Star rating. 107 posts Send private message

We contacted the Department of Health direct. You can do this by email or phone. We have found them most helpful especially when I managed to lose our original papers and had to ask for duplicates to be sent to our Spanish address.

I took early retirement at 57 last Nov. They told me I was covered under an E106 until the beginning of Jan 2009 as I had made sufficient contributions prior to taking early retirement. From the end of Feb 2009 when I am 60 I will be covered under anE120. Although my husband is younger than me he will also be covered as my dependant.  During the period of seven weeks when we won't be covered we will either have to risk it, take out private health insurance or go on a long holiday with travel insurance!

On arriving in Spain we had to take our E106 paperstto the appropriate Spanish Social Security Office to get them stamped. We then had to take these along with our E106 Card and passport to the local Health Centre.

Health care is excellent and prescriptions are charged at around a third of the actual cost which is usually substantially less than the English prescription charge.

If you have a chronic condition of any kind it is best to get a letter from your GP or consultant outlining the condition and the medication.

When making an appointment you will need to provide a photocopy of your health card. It is a good idea to make several photocopies of your card, your passport and your E106 documents once they have been stamped in Spain.

Hope this helps.

Jenny

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Furniture for sale - 0 posts
security grills - 2 posts
jacuzzi yes or no - 6 posts
Satellite dishes and Spanish Law - 9 posts
House repossesion! - 1 posts
Packing - 2 posts
New Member with a query! - 8 posts
School in Duquesa - 4 posts
Solicitor in Torevieja - 1 posts
nota simple - 3 posts
Property Insurance - 14 posts
skype - 14 posts
buying in almoradi - 3 posts
Does anyone know?...and opinions please! - 8 posts
does anyone know....? And your opinions please! - 3 posts
Hello everyone - 1 posts
QUESTION OF THE DAY??? - 31 posts
HACIENDA MARINA JANUARY 2007 - 1 posts
Are You Investing in UK property? Sponsored Link - 0 posts
Wills, probate, IHT - 13 posts
Hi i'm new to all this - 17 posts
Forum posts order - 18 posts
Speaking Spanish - 4 posts
advice on snagging an apartment - 3 posts
Torrox pueblo - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x