Broadband on the Costa Blanca

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Sep 2007 12:00 AM by patsim Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 5 posts Send private message

Will be getting broadband installed, who do I use?  

Like 0      
04 Sep 2007 10:02 AM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Hi patsim,  you need to tell us whereabouts on the CB you are.

Telefonica does broadband and you would also need their phone line. Check on their web site to see if they have offers and costs etc.  Often takes ages for installation. DO NOT order it over the net or it will never arrive.

We used to have Telefonica, but changes to Nortons.  There is installation fee and tou also get phone line.......but you have to but your own phone. Once installed, you get all pnone calls all over world for free ( to landlines ) included in monthly rental.

I do NOT work for Nortons, but if you want any more info etc PM me.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
04 Sep 2007 2:41 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

Abject apologies in advance - just in case someone's going to tell me that the question has already been asked and answered!

Can you get packages like we have at home - ie. telephone, broadband and tv?

Thanks

Irene

Like 0      
04 Sep 2007 6:28 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

When you talk about TV do you mean English channels ie Sky. 

If you do then any system you subscribe to is not via Sky subscription but from someone who is receiving Sky's signal and then transmitting it on to others. 

I don't think there is anyone who do a combined package, if you look in the TV section of the Costa Blanca News there are several adverts for TV suppliers, might be an idea to talk to any other residents nearby who have Mesh ariels installed on their roofs to see who they used.  If you look at the roofs it's easy to see who has Spanish satellite installed and who is receiving the "hookie" British systems.

Many people recommend Norton's for phone and internet.   I have a landline with Telefonica but when I move out to Spain for longer periods I will change over to Norton's as Telefonica have a bad reputation for their internet products.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Bill - 2 posts
Furniture for sale - 0 posts
security grills - 2 posts
jacuzzi yes or no - 6 posts
Satellite dishes and Spanish Law - 9 posts
House repossesion! - 1 posts
Packing - 2 posts
New Member with a query! - 8 posts
School in Duquesa - 4 posts
Solicitor in Torevieja - 1 posts
nota simple - 3 posts
Property Insurance - 14 posts
skype - 14 posts
buying in almoradi - 3 posts
Does anyone know?...and opinions please! - 8 posts
does anyone know....? And your opinions please! - 3 posts
Hello everyone - 1 posts
QUESTION OF THE DAY??? - 31 posts
HACIENDA MARINA JANUARY 2007 - 1 posts
Are You Investing in UK property? Sponsored Link - 0 posts
Wills, probate, IHT - 13 posts
Hi i'm new to all this - 17 posts
Forum posts order - 18 posts
Speaking Spanish - 4 posts
advice on snagging an apartment - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x