Opticians

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Sep 2007 12:00 AM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

Hi

I've heard that it's cheaper to get prescription glasses done in Spain. Is this true? Also, does anyone know if laser correction treatment is available in Spain, whether it's safe and whether it's cheaper?

Ta

Irene

Like 0      
22 Oct 2007 7:51 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

Hi folks

I've ressurected this one, because nobody replied! Surely with all the wisdom shown on previous posts, someone must have some experience on the field of eyecare????

Cheers

Irene

Like 0      
23 Oct 2007 2:32 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Hi Irene

Prescription glasses are more expensive in Spain than in UK.  We just had ours done and it cost us quite a lot more than it should have.  In UK I think you get like "buy one get one free" deals too.

Saying that, the eye test if free here.

You can get laser surgery here in Spain but I believe it's no cheaper than in UK and with something like that I'd personally go on a recommendation!

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
23 Oct 2007 5:39 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
Hi Irene and Alan, I don't know which bit of Spain you are in but there is now Spec Savers in the Torrevieja are with the same deals and prices as in the UK.  Previously I've been to a Spanish optition for reading glasses and did not find them expensive, but the lenses were not so thin as English ones.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
26 Oct 2007 9:52 AM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

Hi Karensun

I'm hoping I won't actually need glasses as I've decided that I'm going to have laser treatment. My daughter had it done this year and has no need for specs any more. I can't think of anything better than to be without this horrible contraption on my face!!!

All I need to do now is raise the £2k.

Irene

Like 0      
26 Oct 2007 12:59 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Just the though of someone tampering with my eye puts me right off having laser surgery.

I'm a bit of a coward when it comes to anything like that.

I suppose I'll just keep wearing this contraption on my face forever!

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Schooling Almoradi - 2 posts
Broadband on the Costa Blanca - 3 posts
Bill - 2 posts
Furniture for sale - 0 posts
security grills - 2 posts
jacuzzi yes or no - 6 posts
Satellite dishes and Spanish Law - 9 posts
House repossesion! - 1 posts
Packing - 2 posts
New Member with a query! - 8 posts
School in Duquesa - 4 posts
Solicitor in Torevieja - 1 posts
nota simple - 3 posts
Property Insurance - 14 posts
skype - 14 posts
buying in almoradi - 3 posts
Does anyone know?...and opinions please! - 8 posts
does anyone know....? And your opinions please! - 3 posts
Hello everyone - 1 posts
QUESTION OF THE DAY??? - 31 posts
HACIENDA MARINA JANUARY 2007 - 1 posts
Are You Investing in UK property? Sponsored Link - 0 posts
Wills, probate, IHT - 13 posts
Hi i'm new to all this - 17 posts
Forum posts order - 18 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x