British Bobbies In Magaluf

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Aug 2015 8:35 AM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1230 posts Send private message

I don't know what two advisory UK police officers can do about rowdy inebriated UK youngsters, the place is set up for these kids to party, it's up to the Spanish police to attempt to keep them safe and ensure that they don't break any laws.

I'm Spartacus, well why not?

Like 1      
11 Aug 2015 12:14 PM by broph Star rating. 147 posts Send private message

Yes I totally agree.. It's just another headline grabbing story that won't have any impact on the real problem. Except some political back scratching within the EU.

As if any UK police force has capacity to spare two officers to walk on foreign soil.  There are not enough police offices to attend to our own crime and disorder problems in UK .

Whatever next.?

Like 0      
11 Aug 2015 1:58 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Whilst I agree it’s a pointless operation, the two copper there are problem being more cost effective that all those employed on the Edward Heath, Jimmy Savile, et al enquiries, and are only costing the UK tax payer  a tiny fractions of the 'enquiries'.

Like 0      
11 Aug 2015 2:50 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

What on earth are you talking about Johnzx

What's the connection, correlation between the two!!

et al enquiries

I'm assuming you are talking about child abuse enquiries?

When it comes to pursuing these evil bastards, dead or alive, cost concerns don't come in to it!!

Or do you disagree..?

This message was last edited by Team GB on 11/08/2015.

Like 1      
11 Aug 2015 3:41 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Team GB

In an ideal world every crime would be investigated, every road patrolled, every public gathering policed, every strike demonstration policed, every emergency call answered promptly,  all crime breakers would be brought to justice etc.   We know that is far from possible and in any case we each have our own idea of what the police should spend their time and our money on.

So it's a choice where the police spend our money, and how they use the increasingly  inadequate and diminishing resources of men and materials they have.

They do not have enough funding to do everything (and we don't wanna pay more in taxes for police services anyway).

It’s a question of priorities.

So my house has been burgled, my wife/daughter raped, my son murdered, terrorists planning to kill people on the street of UK,  hoards of immigrates storming the barricades to entry UK,  paedophiles trying to pick up kids,  etc,    and then they have ancient allegations where the alleged perpetrators are long since dead.   

There is no way they can do justice to all,   so someone must choose which get priority.  

Apart from a possibility to get some cash, and that does not depend on a police/public enquiry, unfortunately what has happened, has happened, the victim's ills will not be put right by a mountain of enquiries and fingers being pointed, nor for that matter will a pile of cash.  The most such enquires will achieve is:-   embarrassment for any surviving relatives of the perpetrator, and they are probably innocent of any knowledge what had occurred,  and maybe show up police incompetence/corruption  by officers long since retired and probably dead too.

I know the priorities I want my tax money spent on, and it ain't the Jimmy Seville enquiry, Ted Heath enquiry, and all the other historic allegations which have or might come to light, in cases where the alleged perpetrators are dead.  Proving that someone committed a paedophile offence 10 or 20 years ago does not protect one child today from the paedophiles who are out there now.  However, using the limited resources available against them now,  might.

Sorry Team GB,  this is the real world, it cannot be how it would be in a perfect world, or how  we would prefer  it to be.

Like 2      
11 Aug 2015 3:50 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1230 posts Send private message

Well what with Leicetershire Police Authority only visiting the the victims of burgled property with even address numbers, nothing surprises me what the police get up to. It now transpires that off duty health workers were phisically restrained from helping victims of the Hillsborough disaster.by South Yorkshire Police officers.

There is a saying that goes 'If you find yourself in a deep hole, stop digging', this particularly applies to UK police forces, that continue to do stupid things, and then try to justify them.  

Like 0      
11 Aug 2015 4:23 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Hep.

Don’t want to diminish your post but the  burglary comment was that they would only visit odd/even number  in alleged ATTEMPTED burglaries.    However, in The Met   they have not investigated all burglaries  for over 20 years.   Only if they scored above a certain number  would they receive any attention.  Points  being awarded for  likelihood of success, possibility of fingerprints, any witness etc.   Hopeless cases were ignored unless circumstances changed.

Even 25 years ago police were being parked up at police  station with the driver and operator sitting in the police station in case emergency call came in. Why, because the petrol budget for the month had be used up.  The police officers themselves  were asking for permission to put petrol in the cars at their own expense so they provide some service, but that was refused.

Believe me,  most people have no idea of reality but cannot help shouting about it.

PS if you really want an efficient police service, and social service etc.,  campaign to pay a lot more in taxes so it can be achieved.  

NO, I thought  not

This message was last edited by johnzx on 11/08/2015.

Like 1      
11 Aug 2015 4:43 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1230 posts Send private message

John,

I know far more about the police than you credit me with, most officers over the rank of sergeant in the force that I know best are members of the funny handshake brigade. Good hard working rank and file police officers are being led by idiots, many chief constables are not fit for purpose, I have a mate who was an RAF Regiment vet, he couldn't get anywhere close to an appointment as a police constable in the South Yorkshire force, he is currently a chief inspector in another force commanding an armed response unit, without having to become a Free Mason. 

Like 0      
11 Aug 2015 4:54 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

As a former DCI (never a freemason) in the Met with 30 years service, I bow to your greater knowledge.

PS   I probably was one of the idiots the foot soldiers ( never bright enough to pass exams for promotion, i.e  the real experts) complained about.

Like 0      
11 Aug 2015 5:06 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1230 posts Send private message

Toys back in pram John, nothing personal meant, I've seen Hillsborough, Orgreave and Rotherham, and yes I know far more about South Yorkshire Police than you do, my apologies if you think that I was referring to all chief inspectors as idiots, after all Sir Peter Wright used to be one didn't he?   

Like 0      
11 Aug 2015 6:24 PM by johnmcmahon Star rating. 335 posts Send private message

Orgreave was a disgrace. Thatcher politicised the cops. They got given huge pay rises then were used to attack the working class so that fascist policies could be implemented by the Tories. Predictably, now that the Trade Union movement has been neutered, the fuzz have been hung out to dry. No doubt they'll be resurected if needed when Corbyn takes the Labour party back to it's roots and the workers again challenge the evils of capitalism

Like 0      
11 Aug 2015 6:56 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1230 posts Send private message

I'm very none political johnmc, but Scargill was also guilty of massive over reaction, I can't imagine that I used to drive through Orgreave every day back then. I'm no Corbyn supporter but can understand why many are, this £3.00 Milliband membership idiocy could steal his thunder if it were proven that he was elected Labour leader by Tory votes.  

We'll never see publicly owned industry again, the steel works have gone and the coal mines are totally unsafe to re commission and there are no qualified personel to revive the heavy engineering industry, ship building is dead and buried along with the car industry, sad but true.  

This message was last edited by Hephaestus on 11/08/2015.

Like 0      
11 Aug 2015 7:18 PM by GB45 Star rating in Wiltshire and holida.... 130 posts Send private message

Have to agree with Johnzx about historic sex allegations when the perpetrators are long dead. What's the point? I can't see how it can help the victims as hopefully they have had help to come to terms with it years ago. IMHO the huge amount of money spent by the police can be better used. Can't see what a couple of police can do in Magaluf either.

Like 0      
11 Aug 2015 7:22 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1230 posts Send private message

This thread appears to have gone massively off track, I just wondered what you guys thought of a UK police authority sending two police officers to Magaluf to 'advise' Spanish police on the actions of a load of kids. I could understand UK police coming to Spain on football related duties, but this leaves me confused.

Like 0      
11 Aug 2015 9:52 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Our two cops have gone to Magaluf just to explain the risks of drinking to excess all night long on cheap booze while on 2 weeks holiday, what the hell is the point? these same kids do this in the UK for the other 50 weeks of the year here anyway on expensive drink and our cops cant stop it, so do they think by reading the riot act to some English drunk in Spain it will make any difference.

Whats stopping the Spanish cops from throwing the book at these kids if they really wanted to stop it, they must have laws in place to counter this,  money and profit says they don't want to.

You can bet your boots the ashamed UK police wont ask the embarrassed Spanish cops to come here for two weeks to look at what happens here on booze nights.

Like 0      
11 Aug 2015 10:18 PM by GB45 Star rating in Wiltshire and holida.... 130 posts Send private message

I think that most of us would rather the UK police do their job in our cities and leave the Spanish to do theirs.

Like 1      
13 Aug 2015 11:58 AM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1230 posts Send private message

I listened to an interview with South Yorkshire Crime Commisioner Dr Alan Billings this morning. Apparently he is considereing reducing the total police staff strength by some 20% and merging the mounted division with that of West Yorkshire. Perhaps this is a reason why a police authority sent two of it's officers to Magaluf for a couple of weeks, they probably just have too many of them. 

Like 0      
13 Aug 2015 2:03 PM by eos_ian Star rating in Valencia. 506 posts Send private message

13 Aug 2015 2:19 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I really cannot imagine that a couple of UK police, patrolling in Magaluf for a week and then San Antonio for a week,   with no police powers ,  will make any difference, they don’t seem to  in UK.   

In any case, from my experience of the town where I live on CDS, have many National police patrolling the streets and in addition many Local Police.  Certain considerably more than anywhere in UK. 

In addition to National Police in uniform there are almost as many in plain clothes. I do not know if or how many Local Police patrol  in plain clothes, although I did have a couple come to my home when I made a complaint about one aspect of policing.   

I suspect Ibiza have similar police numbers to my town, so 2 more coppers seems to be just a PR exercise,  although I cannot think what that might be.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 13/08/2015.

Like 1      
13 Aug 2015 3:52 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1230 posts Send private message

When we visit an ex business collegue's villa in La Fustera I can't go on a 30 minutes constitutional without seeing the local police, the municipal police and the Guarda Civil, anyone with ambitions of house breaking must be stupid. I liked the days when our police officers were nosey buggers, that's how two Sheffield bobbies caught Peter Sutcliffe, I've never had a problem with being asked what I'm doing by the police when I've nothing to hide.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Teenagers in Playa Flamenca - 0 posts
HOW TO TRANSFER PHOTOS FROM LAPTOP TO C.D.DISK - 1 posts
Shopping on Sunday!! - 8 posts
Wealth Tax - 7 posts
CAJAMAR BANK CLOSING PENSIONERS BANK ACCOUNT - 7 posts
Aeromax wireless internet - 3 posts
WANTED long term rental murcia or benidorm - 0 posts
Non EU Residencia renewal - 3 posts
Key Holder in Villamartin - 3 posts
Television - poor signal - 1 posts
Legal tip 1315. NEW! MANILVA COSTA S.A. - BANK ACTION WON IN FIRST INSTANCE COURT AGAINST CAIXABANK S.A. FOR A BUYER AT JARDINES DE MANILVA - 16 posts
This could happen to your Building if it was built in the 1960's - 6 posts
cheap "pay as go" sim card - 6 posts
long term rent with 2 dogs!! - 8 posts
Top weekend getaways in Spain - 0 posts
HIdralia - 7 posts
DVLA - 28 posts
Non Residents Tax Question - 7 posts
Air lock in hot water pipe - 4 posts
Loan for a new property - 9 posts
urbanización Camposol de Mazarrón - 51 posts
Ideas for towns to stay in within 45 mins of Valencia and info on Valencia itself... - 7 posts
Hi Everyone - Looking To Retire - 40 posts
Is there anyone really willing to relocate to Spain soon? - 1 posts
Valencia SIP Cards - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 35

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x