Auriga Crown

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Sep 2007 4:53 PM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

Are these companies extra cheap?
We have always used Solmar and they have been excellent. We always thought them cheap too.

Perhaps we have been fooled a bit by Spanish prices?

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
26 Sep 2007 9:39 PM by y100 Star rating in london/los montesino.... 36 posts Send private message

Thanks everyone for all the info. You have put my mind at ease and I will stick with auriga crown and see what they are like. It was definitely cheaper going through doyouspain than going directly with the car hire company. I'm not going till 31st October but I like everything to run a smoothly as possible. thanks again

Like 0      
27 Sep 2007 3:29 PM by wrixonshea Star rating. 13 posts Send private message

Just back from Mojacar and booked a car from AurigaCrown in Mojacar through Carjet. They provided a full tank of fuel and charged me 55 euro and absolutely refused to refund this money if i brought the car back with full tank. I used the car very little and returned with the tank three quarters full. I again requested the refund if i filled the tank but the lady at the desk once again refused to budge. The next person to use this car will be charged 55 euro despite the tank being practically full. It is some rip-off.

Like 0      
27 Sep 2007 7:46 PM by Ricardo y Renee Star rating in Bedford/ Daya Nueva. 28 posts Send private message

Ricardo y Renee´s avatar
Hi all
I have been using Auriga for 4 years now, but always check their price against Carjet, sometimes it's a bit cheaper direct however only a few Euros. Their official line is that you return the tank full and get the fuel cost back for trips over a weekend, any more than that hard luck.
However..........the last two or three times, i just fill it up and always get money back, this is Alicante by the way.
If you want to use a company that lets you bring car back with same amount of fuel as picked up then it's RECORD.
Can be a bit more expensive sometimes but you know you don't get the rip off, they have a club too so if you subscribe and use them a lot you accrue points towards offers.
Ricardo

Like 0      
24 Oct 2007 4:02 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I made a reservation at Murcia airport with DoYou after reading on this forum and have been allocated Auriga Crown. I have since emailed asking them to quote me for a company using a full/ full policy instead of full/ empty and have also asked about the triangle and hi- viz vests. No response from them as yet which is somewhat disappointing given the sparkling reviews on here .

Mark

Like 0      
08 Nov 2007 4:27 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Thought I'd add to this thread.

We had to travel to Alicante this last trip (just arrived home last night). Always fly to Murcia but winter flights were alternate days from Bristol which weren't convenient.

We always book with doyouspain & ask for Auriga Crown as we always are given a full/full fuel arrangement at off site Murcia office.

At Alicante we were given the car with a quarter tank of petrol & asked to leave same amount of petrol in car when we brought it back. Worked ok. However, there was a notice on counter of office with " you pay for a full tank upfront & return empty for over three day hire" !! More confusion. We rented for 8 days.

One triangle & one hi vis vest were in boot, as usual.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 11/8/2007.

Like 0      
08 Nov 2007 6:29 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar
I did dyouspain once and got auriga. Never again. As a matter of interest last trip did compare doyouspain and our regular favourite centauro and guess what, a Ford Focus was cheaper with Centauro! Sorry but i won't be converted y'all.

Like 0      
08 Nov 2007 7:11 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

We used doyouspain a couple of weeks ago & picked up a car from auriga crown at Almeria airport.

No problems at all. Only issue was the full/empty policy as we didn't drive as much as anticipated & the ful/full option would have been better.

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
09 Nov 2007 9:29 AM by wrixon Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

I made a written complaint at the Auriga desk at Mojacar and also sent an email to Carjet, eventually they refunded €25 into my  Visa account. Will not be using Auriga again
Wrixon

Like 0      
12 Dec 2007 7:36 AM by thomasnederman Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

I would like to show you my experience with auriga crown that i posted on my site http://www.thomasnederman.com/2007/09/13/auriga-crown-car-rental-mallorca

I will never go with this company again, that's for sure. By the looks of the comments i am not the only one having problems with them

Like 0      
12 Dec 2007 8:11 AM by michael52 Star rating in Bushey, Hertfordshir.... 308 posts Send private message

michael52´s avatar

If you hire a car at La Linea (Gibralter airport),  it does not matter who you book through as Doyouspain, Carjet and others all arrange for you to pick up the car from Auriga Crown.

Have never had a problem with the fuel issue as no one has ever inspected the car on return

Like 0      
12 Dec 2007 12:14 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

We made a booking through Doyouspain for next week for a 3 door Clio (or similar). the quote came back with Auriga at Murcia airport. I have looked at the site again and have seen that rental prices have dropped a bit and we can now have a 5 door Clio for about €20 less with Europa (Gold Car Rental).

I recall seeing on the original booking that with Auriga, additional drivers were free, I can't find this info with Europa, but would hazard a guess that it is extra with them?

Mark

Like 0      
12 Dec 2007 12:49 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Mark

Doyouspain's website actually states no charge for additional drivers, so surely that extends to whichever company they outsource the rental to.

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
12 Dec 2007 12:58 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Hi Noreen

Yes I saw that too, but it also says that there may be additional costs with Europacar and am not sure if Europa Rent a Car are affiliated/ the same?

Mark

Like 0      
12 Dec 2007 6:30 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

May be worth emailing doyouspain and asking for clarification.

I've been given Europa (Goldcar) by them (Alicante) but I didn't ask for my husband to be added as extra driver.  We seldom fly out together and some companies will except a copy of his passport and original driving license and add him to the rental agreement.  Record don't and insist on seeing the original passport.

The extra they may be talking about is the top up insurance for tyres, windows and keys etc. this worked out at 19e for the trip.

Like 0      
13 Dec 2007 12:51 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Mark, they are likely afiliated as Europa Rent a Car is mentioned right at the bottom of each page of http://goldcar.es/

"Europa Rent a Car S.L. B03403169 "

Like 0      
15 Dec 2007 8:53 PM by san miguel Star rating. 288 posts Send private message

san miguel´s avatar

This message was last edited by san miguel on 2/4/2008.

STOP CYBER-BULLYING 

AND PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH

Like 0      
15 Dec 2007 11:33 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar
We use Auriga Crown, they come out cheapest on search engines, AND I got full/full last time after a little bit of sweet talking!!!

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
16 Dec 2007 12:06 AM by rabctree Star rating in Near Leicester, and .... 25 posts Send private message

rabctree´s avatar
We always use Auriga Crown when flying into Gibraltar and Malaga and return car with the same amount of fuel as when collected, we have never been charged any extra, they have always been very polite and efficient, I have nothing but praise for them and there prices are very competitive.

Rabctree

Like 0      
06 Jan 2008 9:39 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Murcia.

Just had our hire car as usual, from Auriga Crown through doyouspain.com. (14/12 to 6/1) & the woman didn't mention the full/full as they always do.  I commented we'd be returning it full & she said "no" !! Apparently they will be moving into Murcia airport itself rather than their location in Santiago de Ribera as from next month & she said they'll have to then do as the others do, ie full/empty. She wrote full/full this time on our contract after we said we used them because of their full/full policy & would have many options if they now were not doing this.

She said that she shouldn't tell us but if we brought back a car with a full tank, they have to refund. Earlier today we returned the car full & a man approached us asking if we'd brought it back empty or full & when we said full, he said his collegue would reimburse us which he did. When he asked us he didn't know if we had full/full written on our contract.

Just be aware of their new arrangements at Murcia.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Ozzie - 0 posts
Exchange Chinese for free home-stay - 1 posts
Pool company warning!!! - 1 posts
Cookware shops - 7 posts
Almeria Airport - 2 posts
Arranging your Mortgage - 8 posts
mike/karalyn - 1 posts
Problems purchasing property in Spain - 2 posts
Bought on El Rocio fase 2 - 7 posts
Susie - need help having electric and gas nightmare. - 8 posts
Vicki Sheppard - 3 posts
2 beds Apartment Calanova grand golf Mijas (Costa del Sol) 190.000 Euros - 1 posts
Do you phone abroad? Don't waste cash; do it for free or for pennies! - 6 posts
El Pinar De-Bedar - 3 posts
Aroca solicitors - 3 posts
Food - 63 posts
Patio Furniture for sale - 9 posts
Long term rentals - 0 posts
beautiful cat - 0 posts
Bridge Holmes - 0 posts
hyundai accent - 0 posts
Grants for renovations - 2 posts
Many Thanks Em - 2 posts
Contracts, Lawyers and Compensation - 21 posts
JUSTIN, I NEED URGENT HELP - 41 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 54

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x