How to ship a large parcel from Spain to u.k

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Aug 2014 11:57 AM by crostrad Star rating. 92 posts Send private message

Has anybody had recent experience of getting a large parcel shipped from Spain to the u.k.

I've just arranged for 2 big parcels (total weight 33kg)  from u.k to Spain with DPD via Interparcel - no problem.

But ... when I go to the Interparcel site and try to book shipping 1 box (20kg)  from Spain to u.k I'm told that nobody offers the service.

We're not in the back of beyond - Xativa in Valencia - it's where the 2 outbound boxes are going today.

I get the same result trying to book through ParcelMonkey.

So has anyone had recent success in getting a parcel shipped back to u.k ?

I need to arrange something by November, collection from our Xativa address.

Ray

Like 0      
13 Aug 2014 12:15 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

One of my mates send his parcels from Spain the the UK with these van people that do a weekly or monthly delivery service, you know the one's that say "Going back to the UK, we will take your furniture back" the free papers often has someone advertising going back and forth. Perhaps that might work for you.

Like 0      
13 Aug 2014 12:23 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

Try sendmybag.com ( does send boxes)

Like 0      
13 Aug 2014 12:42 PM by Kathyslad Star rating. 329 posts Send private message

Try ecoparcel.eu. Used them many times. 

Just shipped 2 boxes (about 28 kgs each) to the UK 50x50x50 box, about €38.. Collected on Monday, delivered Friday. Good tracking facility. 

Like 0      
13 Aug 2014 1:40 PM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

sendmybag.com use DHL and charged meabout £10 more than booking direct with DHL for a large 20kg suitcase from Scandinavia to France (I only checked the DHL price after I'd made the sendmybag.com  booking....doh....)  but the cost quoted by Kathyslad looks very good value. .

Poppyseed

Like 0      
13 Aug 2014 3:42 PM by crostrad Star rating. 92 posts Send private message

Thanks for the help everyone,  I just got a quote from "sendmy" for £31 for 20kg,  and if I order a week before my pick up date they will print and send shipping labels to me - which is a plus because we don't have easy access to a printer while at the collection address.

I'm still waiting for a reply to my query with ecoparcel, so will see what they come up with.

I tried checking out the DHL site - it caused intense pain behind the eyes and a desire for coffee - I seem to remember that I did have a business account with them some years ago - until I found out that I could ship cheaper with them by going through a "middle man" - interparcel or Parcel2go, though in this case thay don't seem to be offered up as an option.

DPD have just collected our 2 boxes to go out to Valencia and the driver said that they have a Spanish website and might have drop off centres in Xativa - which would be a great option ( if it's cheap enough).

I just hope that we've got the timing right - we don't get out there until this Friday.

Many thanks again for the help.

Like 0      
16 Aug 2014 7:36 AM by cuius Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Try Seur couriers. If you order via their website (they have an English version), you can get a quote for various standand size parcels, pay for it via credit card, and they will pick up from your address the next day. DON'T take the parcel to their local office - it will cost considerably more (why, given this is saving them a trip, is one of those Spanish mysteries) - this is a web offer only

Like 0      
16 Aug 2014 10:25 AM by shell4000 Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Seur were used to deliver to us in Spain

First attempt driver returned parcel to the depot saying recipient moved

when had been home all day

second attempt when i complained left with a non english speaking Spanish waiter in 

a Bar 4 miles away/ all this took several days and quite a few phone calls 

Like 0      
16 Aug 2014 10:44 AM by cuius Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Found Seur to be no better or worse than all the others in Spain (don't mention MRW - Amazon's favourite!!). Can only note that that when I've sent parcels to UK via Seur it's worked OK (and cheaper than excess baggage on the budget airlines).

Like 0      
16 Aug 2014 12:42 PM by penno Star rating in Billinge, Lancashire.... 14 posts Send private message

Hi

I use Worldwide Parcel Services (WPS).

Admittedly only ever sent UK to Spain, but the options are there.

They use UPS. Only down side is they give you a date but no time, but never had any damage to any parcels.

Good luck.

Penno

Like 0      
16 Aug 2014 2:15 PM by colinthecard Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

If you are in the Alicante, Murcia and Almeria areas there is a company called easypost, they will ship from a letter and up to 30kg , they use a mixture of Royal Mail (up to 2kg) and their own UK Courier service. It is reliable and easy..We wre a greetings card shop but also act as agents for them.. Well worth enquiring if they have offices in your area. You can see online where their "mailpoints" are...

Regards

Colin

Like 0      
16 Aug 2014 2:38 PM by steone Star rating in Santiago de la Riber.... 383 posts Send private message

Try MRW.  If it is good enough for Amazon then it should be good enough for you

Like 0      
17 Aug 2014 3:13 PM by Sten46 Star rating in Hatton, Derbyshire &.... 243 posts Send private message

Used MRW several times with no problems at all. Quick and reasonably priced service.

Steve

Steve.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

My UK car - 2 posts
Not new, but..... - 6 posts
Legal tip 1192. Clients deciding on Actions against Banks - 19 posts
buying seconhand car - 2 posts
Moving to Spain - 52 posts
Car Sale or Swap - 0 posts
YourViva and other 'News' Items on SPI. - 2 posts
Airport Transfer Friday 15th - 5 posts
Broadband speeds on new connection for an extended stay - 0 posts
Advice or ideas Please - 7 posts
Anual travel insurance. - 6 posts
smoking rules around a private community pool - 2 posts
high cost of used cars in Spain - 8 posts
Help!! Completion of Modelo 210 online - 6 posts
Solar Power - 11 posts
Best PAYG Sim only or Phone deal August 2014 - 5 posts
Road Tax - 10 posts
Is this a good mortgage rate? - 2 posts
newby needs help! - 4 posts
Spains retro asset grab on Pensioners - 4 posts
capital gains tax when selling property - 4 posts
DRIVING UK-SPAIN / SPAIN-UK please read below - 0 posts
TORREVIEJA VERSUS VILLAMARTIN. - 1 posts
recommendations for hotels near murcia court - 4 posts
Glaucoma and Cataract Operation - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 13

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x