My UK car

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Aug 2014 3:04 PM by Tiberon Star rating. 13 posts Send private message

I am resident in Spain, have my own home, all taxes paid. I also have business interests in the UK and in the near future I will have a need to drive back and forward between UK and Spain. Rather than wear out my private car here in Spain I am intending to use a vehicle owned by the UK company, registerred, taxed, insured etc in the UK but not owned by me. Is there any restriction on how many times a year I can drive to Spain and how long the vehicle can remain here between trips.

Like 0      
12 Aug 2014 5:00 PM by Jimbofinn Star rating in Chiclana De La Front.... 224 posts Send private message

Jimbofinn´s avatar

Hiya,

I would suggest that as you are using a company car that your insurance covers you for international travel.  Other than that I believe that there are no restrictions on using your car, providing you are not outside the stipulations stated on your insurance - normaly 90 days.

Like 0      
12 Aug 2014 5:04 PM by ayrez Star rating in La Marina Oasis. 379 posts Send private message

Found this on the europa web site. Not sure if it mets your needs exactly as it refers to weekly commuting.

Cross-border workers

You are a cross-border worker (employed or self-employed) if you work on one side of a national border but live on the other, and return home at least once a week.

If you use your own car to commute regularly from the country where you live to the country where you work, you have to register it and pay the relevant taxes in the country where you live - but not in the country where you work.

If you drive a company car (registered in the country where you work), you may use it for private purposes in the country where you live without having to register it there. You would then be driving with foreign plates in the country where you live. This may cause concern for the local police, who have to check that people under their jurisdiction have paid national vehicle registration taxes.

If you have problems, you can always contact our assistance services.

Above is the  link for more assistanceon the site.In case the link will not work here is the website address  http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/vehicles/registration/taxes/index_en.htm

Jean

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Not new, but..... - 6 posts
Legal tip 1192. Clients deciding on Actions against Banks - 19 posts
buying seconhand car - 2 posts
Moving to Spain - 52 posts
Car Sale or Swap - 0 posts
YourViva and other 'News' Items on SPI. - 2 posts
Airport Transfer Friday 15th - 5 posts
Broadband speeds on new connection for an extended stay - 0 posts
Advice or ideas Please - 7 posts
Anual travel insurance. - 6 posts
smoking rules around a private community pool - 2 posts
high cost of used cars in Spain - 8 posts
Help!! Completion of Modelo 210 online - 6 posts
Solar Power - 11 posts
Best PAYG Sim only or Phone deal August 2014 - 5 posts
Road Tax - 10 posts
Is this a good mortgage rate? - 2 posts
newby needs help! - 4 posts
Spains retro asset grab on Pensioners - 4 posts
capital gains tax when selling property - 4 posts
DRIVING UK-SPAIN / SPAIN-UK please read below - 0 posts
TORREVIEJA VERSUS VILLAMARTIN. - 1 posts
recommendations for hotels near murcia court - 4 posts
Glaucoma and Cataract Operation - 0 posts
New to Forum - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x