Advice or ideas Please

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 Aug 2014 1:06 PM by guerito18 Star rating in Murcia. 1 posts Send private message

Hola, my wife and I have been in Murcia Capital for 2 months, in Spain a total of 3. After some difficulty we managed to rent an appartment here. Our savings have run out but we are getting help from her family in Mexico and mine in the UK. I am looking for work of any kind not just for living but I need a contract so my wife can apply for a family card.

My last job was in a recycling facility, I have experience in many different types of work but no formal qualification in any. I have worked in shops, offices, a diving school and a bar. I am a hard worker, quick learner, presentable, personable and honest ( sometimes too honest for my own good), I am currently learning spanish from book and cd, I am able to understand more than speak.

I have signed up with the Oficina de Empleo in Murcia as well as all the Agencies I could find here, to no avail so far.

We came to Spain to make use of a loophole to make it easier for my wife to live with me in the UK. I do not or can not meet the financial requirements of the UK Border Agency, so on (ill)advice from solicitor/friend we came here initially renting a holiday appartment and looking around the Costa Blanca/Calida area for opportunities.

We went to Benidorm because people we have met here in Spain said I would have a better chance of finding work and to check out an appartment but after meeting the perspective landlord he told us that the rent was not 400 but 700 per month and without work contract wanted 6 months-1year in rent in advance. Therefore a non-starter; no address - no NIE - no job.

A local bar/cafe owner in Murcia helped us find where we are, he kindly put himself as Guarantor for us, he can not provide work though but helps us in other ways.

I hope someone can help open doors for us as we were only married last October and want to settle somewhere soon. Thank you for taking the time to read this, God Bless.

Like 0      
09 Aug 2014 9:11 PM by hughjardon Star rating in Jaywick Sands. 418 posts Send private message

hughjardon´s avatar

Without appearing rude

Thank goodness the UK is keeping imigrants out find another loophole and go back to mexico with your wife and make a life there the UK is on its ar-- because of benefit cheats and no hopers

sorry for the direct answer but simeone needs to tell you the truth

Like 2      
09 Aug 2014 10:10 PM by casperruby Star rating. 165 posts Send private message

The chance of any work is nil that wouldypay a living wage go back to mexico or send the wife back there if your a uk national then get a job in the uk and prove you can keep your wife then bring her over why the heck you chose spain in its present situation is stupid to say the least

Like 1      
10 Aug 2014 8:17 AM by GuyT Star rating. 511 posts Send private message

"go back to mexico". I don't follow the logic as he says "I am currently learning spanish", which you'd think a Mexican would already speak.

Like 4      
10 Aug 2014 9:44 AM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

guerito18 if you read your post  you will find the answer to your problem .

MY MOTHER SAID TO ME WHEN I LEFT HOME AT THE AGE OF 20 ALWAYS KEEP THE MONEY ASIDE FOR YOU BUS FARE BACK HOME IF IT DOES NOT WORK OUT.

Like 1      
10 Aug 2014 9:55 AM by xetog Star rating in Wiltshire/holiday ap.... 514 posts Send private message

Sorry but I think that your only option is to go back to the UK and your wife to Mexico. You will need to get a job, earning enough to allow her to enter the UK and not be a drain on the public purse, around £18,500 I think is the current figure. Easy to say now but you really should have thought this through before getting married. It is very unlikely that you will be able to get a job in Spain, even if you had fluent Spanish. Did you not realise the unemployment situation before you arrived?

Ask your families to fund air tickets to your respective countries and start earning as soon as possible.

Like 1      
10 Aug 2014 11:37 AM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

EOS

Yesterday, I replied to this post. Today it has disappeared

There was nothing offensive, in fact it was informative.

where has it gone?

Like 0      
10 Aug 2014 11:41 AM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

Oops- sorry, red face

I answered the same post on a different forum- sorry!

no suprise, the tone of the replies was the same on both forums

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Anual travel insurance. - 6 posts
smoking rules around a private community pool - 2 posts
high cost of used cars in Spain - 8 posts
Help!! Completion of Modelo 210 online - 6 posts
Solar Power - 11 posts
Best PAYG Sim only or Phone deal August 2014 - 5 posts
Road Tax - 10 posts
Is this a good mortgage rate? - 2 posts
newby needs help! - 4 posts
Spains retro asset grab on Pensioners - 4 posts
capital gains tax when selling property - 4 posts
DRIVING UK-SPAIN / SPAIN-UK please read below - 0 posts
TORREVIEJA VERSUS VILLAMARTIN. - 1 posts
recommendations for hotels near murcia court - 4 posts
Glaucoma and Cataract Operation - 0 posts
New to Forum - 3 posts
Spain registered car in uk ( originally uk registered) - 5 posts
Internet - 13 posts
Advice needed on air con, villa Martin Costa blanca area - 3 posts
night view of spain from satellite - 0 posts
Salamanca - 4 posts
Bank Guarantee case won but still no refund - 57 posts
hand luggage with easyjet. - 2 posts
information regarding car - 3 posts
advice needed - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x