Best PAYG Sim only or Phone deal August 2014

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Aug 2014 10:05 AM by kelju Star rating in South Yorkshire . 300 posts Send private message

kelju´s avatar

Hi all,

I have trawled the threads and they are all a little bit out of date and as the mobile phone market seems to move at pace I thought I would seek the current view of EOS members.

Does anyone have an opinion/experience of the latest PAYG deals, either sim only or a basic phone deal?  I just want one to make calls when in Spain and to have as a contact number for deliveries, local trades etc., internet/mobile data is not a requirement.  

As a true Yorkshireman, low cost calls are essential, none of this 35 cent connection charge per call and 18 cent per minute nonsense frown

Look forward to any replies.

kelju

Like 0      
07 Aug 2014 11:24 AM by formentera costa Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

yes

. try hits mobile.

www.hitsmobile.es

coolyes

Like 0      
07 Aug 2014 4:55 PM by randolph Star rating. 167 posts Send private message

Hi,

We use a sim from togglemobile.co.uk

It comes with a UK number - but you can add on a european local number and make calls at a fraction fo the cost both to Spanish landlines and mobiles and to the UK.

Like 0      
07 Aug 2014 8:59 PM by kelju Star rating in South Yorkshire . 300 posts Send private message

kelju´s avatar

Thanks both for the replies, the Toggle proposition sounds interesting, although I do need to keep my UK number open when in Spain for work reasons, so perhaps this is not the best option for me.

Hits mobile charges are reasonable and I do like being able to retain the number without having to top up, so I think I will go with Hits when in Spain next week, unless someone else throws a spanner in the works.

Thanks again for your replies, much appreciated.

kelju

Like 0      
11 Aug 2014 6:46 AM by pigeoncatcher Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Have a look at the Orange Mundo prepaid SIM card. For taking calls in Spain and making them to the UK you probably cannot beat it.

Like 0      
11 Aug 2014 9:17 PM by AdrianH Star rating in UK (mostly) / Los Mo.... 23 posts Send private message

The problem I have found is that you need to top up every 3 to 6 months which doesn't really work if you just want a local number when visiting and don't make many calls. If anyone has any ideas on a good network which doesn't want a top up every few months to stay active then I'd be grateful for suggestions. 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Road Tax - 10 posts
Is this a good mortgage rate? - 2 posts
newby needs help! - 4 posts
Spains retro asset grab on Pensioners - 4 posts
capital gains tax when selling property - 4 posts
DRIVING UK-SPAIN / SPAIN-UK please read below - 0 posts
TORREVIEJA VERSUS VILLAMARTIN. - 1 posts
recommendations for hotels near murcia court - 4 posts
Glaucoma and Cataract Operation - 0 posts
New to Forum - 3 posts
Spain registered car in uk ( originally uk registered) - 5 posts
Internet - 13 posts
Advice needed on air con, villa Martin Costa blanca area - 3 posts
night view of spain from satellite - 0 posts
Salamanca - 4 posts
Bank Guarantee case won but still no refund - 57 posts
hand luggage with easyjet. - 2 posts
information regarding car - 3 posts
advice needed - 7 posts
Golf partner - 1 posts
Ezmar Locksmiths - Las Chapas - 0 posts
Car Insurance - 6 posts
Advertising in local press - 0 posts
Driving licence - 0 posts
Spanish driving licence - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x