Benefits

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 May 2014 10:22 AM by morlandg Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

There are currently theads discussing whether expats living in Spain should pay income tax on pensions from abroad, assets held outside Spain etc

Can I add another external source of income and ask if that it should be subject to Spanish income tax or even whether it should be declared?

The source of income is health benefits. I'm not querying whether they should be paid here in Spain only whether they should be declared on our income tax return forms.

Like 0      
28 May 2014 10:30 AM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar
Why? Do the Spanish pay income tax on so-called health benefits?
The point of registering is to be treated the same as Spanish citizens. Haven't you (we) all paid enough into the tax system to cover this?

Like 0      
28 May 2014 10:46 AM by Roly2 Star rating in Almeria. 646 posts Send private message

What is a health benefit?

Like 0      
28 May 2014 10:54 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

This is I believe a red herring.

Like 0      
28 May 2014 11:14 AM by juansheetisplenty Star rating in Cartagena. 283 posts Send private message

juansheetisplenty´s avatar

As an early retiree, and somebody in receipt of private healthcare from my old company, every year an amount is advised to HMRC with regard to notional cost, and I am taxed on this as a benefit. The treatment of this was changed under Gordon Brown's goverment. And so, yes, it is a perfectly legitmate question if it related to provate healthcare benefit. One would assume the Spanish tax authorities would treat this as a benefit in kind also.

Saludos

This message was last edited by juansheetisplenty on 28/05/2014.

Like 0      
28 May 2014 12:28 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

Morlang -everyone knows or should know, that they should be paying income tax in Spain on their pensions from UK, except on government pensions, and even they will soon have to be decared in Spain even though only
liable for tax in UK.
Assets outside Spain are declared on 720 assets form, and are not taxed, apart from the income tax etc from investments, savings interest,pensions already declared on the annual tax return.

Like 0      
28 May 2014 1:06 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Assets outside Spain are declared on 720 assets form, and are not taxed, apart from the income tax etc.  from investments, savings interest, pensions already declared on the annual tax return.

But, importantly, probably many did not know that they must pay income tax on any property or land which they own in another country. 

Declaring those assets on the 720 means that Hacienda now know about those assets and will be looking for the ‘additional’  income tax due

Like 0      
28 May 2014 2:15 PM by Kathyslad Star rating. 329 posts Send private message

As I understand the tax law, health insurance is treated quite favourably, presumably because it's less of a drain on state resources. It's exempt from rad, providing it covers your spouse and children ( presumably this us if you have any) and the cost doesn't exceed €500 per person. Over €500 is treated as taxable income.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

My experience in Spain in the year 2000 - 1 posts
Double taxation for Gibraltar workers living in Spain? - 0 posts
Can anyone recommend a villa or Cortijo? - 0 posts
Native English teacher required - 0 posts
Residents, Income tax on property in and outside Spain - 26 posts
Urgent Sale 2012 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque Pure - 0 posts
Murcia airport still a great place.. now selling duty free goods - 7 posts
Endesa Ombudsman - 0 posts
Electricity tariffs - 3 posts
temporary internet options - 10 posts
Property transfer taxes in Seville - 2 posts
Restoration of flat - 4 posts
TWO SINGLE BEDS FOR SALE - 1 posts
Taxman investigates Pensions from outside Spain - 44 posts
Chinese Junk Shops Why So Many - 8 posts
wanted. outer glass door for electic oven. - 2 posts
Elderly village/home in South Spain - 2 posts
Property transfer tax in Andalucia for under 35s - 4 posts
Legal tip 1149. Timeshare and frauds - 0 posts
How do i find cheap car insurance without an agents - 5 posts
What EU MEP's should focus on and make the work for all of us - 18 posts
Carboneras Hotel: Stay or Go? - 0 posts
Barclays-how does it affect ex pats with UK accounts - 12 posts
Decent plumber needed - 0 posts
TFProperties (Cezar Fenianos) Was based on La Torre Golf - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x