Property transfer taxes in Seville

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 May 2014 13:26 by theline Star rating. 83 posts Send private message

Hi,

I have recently heard a few horror stories about people who have paid property transfer taxes on a place, only to be hit with astronomical tax demands a few months/years down the line. The reason for this being that the property market has pretty much collapsed since the original valuations (valor catastral) were made.

I personally know of a couple of people this has happened to, but not regarding huge amounts of money (1-2,000 euros), but I've read about people losing much more. 

I'm currently to buy a place in Sevilla which had its valor catastral made in 2001, which was then valued at around E30,000 more than the current asking price! So I suspect that I might have some problems later down the line if I do go through with the purchase. Has anyone bought something in Sevilla over the last year or two who can share their experiences?

Like 0      
23 May 2014 14:02 by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5246 posts Send private message

I believe the values are assessed by using a multiplier and the square metres.   That multiplier varies according to the  town, the part of the town  and the ‘quality' of the property.   A notary can access the web page and see the value the tax office will use, but I am not sure if they will tell you if you ask.  A gestor, abogado etc.  should be able to do so too.

Like 0      
27 May 2014 12:26 by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9328 posts Send private message

Legal Questions? Speak to Maria Direct

Exactly, the tax value of the property is made up of multiplying the cadastral value by a local public index

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Restoration of flat - 4 posts
TWO SINGLE BEDS FOR SALE - 1 posts
Taxman investigates Pensions from outside Spain - 44 posts
Chinese Junk Shops Why So Many - 8 posts
wanted. outer glass door for electic oven. - 2 posts
Elderly village/home in South Spain - 2 posts
Property transfer tax in Andalucia for under 35s - 4 posts
Legal tip 1149. Timeshare and frauds - 0 posts
How do i find cheap car insurance without an agents - 5 posts
What EU MEP's should focus on and make the work for all of us - 18 posts
Carboneras Hotel: Stay or Go? - 0 posts
Barclays-how does it affect ex pats with UK accounts - 12 posts
Decent plumber needed - 0 posts
TFProperties (Cezar Fenianos) Was based on La Torre Golf - 1 posts
Spain's New Stringent traffic laws - 13 posts
Bank Instruments For Lease - 0 posts
Hi all, Wanting some advice on moving to Andalucia region of Spain. Rental help! :) - 28 posts
"Son of Form 720" - 3 posts
SURE PAYS TO SHOP AROUND - 0 posts
Helens Kitchen Roldan - 7 posts
Another one bites the dust - 1 posts
Broadband stick - 6 posts
Anti EU political party in Spain. - 26 posts
Kitchen Units Wickes - 0 posts
New Video how to use your EHIC Card Abroad - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x