Property transfer tax in Andalucia for under 35s

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 May 2014 1:00 PM by theline Star rating. 84 posts Send private message

I have recently heard that if I am under 35 and intending to buy a property that will be my "habitual residence", then the property transfer tax payable by me drops from 8% to 3.5%.

Does anyone have any experience of using this tax relief? Are there any other gotchas I need to be aware of (different estate agents have been telling me different things)? In particular, is there a limit to how long the property would need to remain as my habitual residence in order to qualify for this relief (e.g. 1 year, 5 years etc)?

Thanks

Like 0      
19 May 2014 3:26 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

Go to www.justlanded.com in the section on transfer tax.

Another useful site is andalucia forum, for advice on all aspects of living there.

This message was last edited by camposol on 19/05/2014.

Like 0      
23 May 2014 9:00 AM by theline Star rating. 84 posts Send private message

Great website. Thanks!

For anyone else who is interested, it looks like in order to qualify for this tax relief, I'd need to live in the property continuously for a minimum of 3 years from the date of purchase.

Like 0      
23 May 2014 12:37 PM by LucasAsociados Star rating in Almeria. 124 posts Send private message

There's something extremely important, which is changing in the name of the buyer under 35s all the supplies contracts (electricity, water, gas, phone, etc.) and local fees (waste and sewage fees, IBI, etc.).

Junta de Andalucía is examining these transfers and, if the supplies are not change, they understand the buyer is not using the property for his/her own living, and then they declare void the tax benefit, they fine you and claim you to pay the additional 5'5% saved, plus penitential interests of 20%.

We know real cases.

Like 0      
27 May 2014 12:48 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Theline:

Property needs to be under 130.000 euros and be, in theory,habitual residency for 3 years and in practise, effective use for 12 months, after acquisition.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Legal tip 1149. Timeshare and frauds - 0 posts
How do i find cheap car insurance without an agents - 5 posts
What EU MEP's should focus on and make the work for all of us - 18 posts
Carboneras Hotel: Stay or Go? - 0 posts
Barclays-how does it affect ex pats with UK accounts - 12 posts
Decent plumber needed - 0 posts
TFProperties (Cezar Fenianos) Was based on La Torre Golf - 1 posts
Spain's New Stringent traffic laws - 13 posts
Bank Instruments For Lease - 0 posts
Hi all, Wanting some advice on moving to Andalucia region of Spain. Rental help! :) - 28 posts
"Son of Form 720" - 3 posts
SURE PAYS TO SHOP AROUND - 0 posts
Helens Kitchen Roldan - 7 posts
Another one bites the dust - 1 posts
Broadband stick - 6 posts
Anti EU political party in Spain. - 26 posts
Kitchen Units Wickes - 0 posts
New Video how to use your EHIC Card Abroad - 2 posts
Sad Sad Situation - 5 posts
Worst of CostaLuz Lawyers problems - 16 posts
Water Rights - 7 posts
Hi I am Matt! - 0 posts
Moving to Spain from the Philippines - 3 posts
Registering a car in the new owners name - 6 posts
Mosquito window frames - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x