New ID card information, please!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Feb 2014 9:15 AM by Pilgrim Star rating in Costa Calida. 231 posts Send private message

Pilgrim´s avatar

I hear on the local grapevine that the infamous green sheet is thankfully being replaced by, for me anyway, the much more user friendly plastic tarjeta.

I have had no contact with the powers that be or received any mail?

My green A4 is now out of date I guess. I think it is valid for five years?

Is there a panic on, or does anyone have concrete information, please?

I would be grateful for any comments.

pilgrim

Like 0      
20 Feb 2014 9:56 AM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1223 posts Send private message

Your A4 green sheet is now valid forever. They have done away with renewals.

However, they have been replaced by a small, credit sized, card which is simply a push out from yet another A4 sheet of green paper. It is not a plastic card and still states that this document is not to be used for identification purposes unless accompanied by a passport. It is slightly plasiticised but is simply another piece of paper.

You can exchange the old green paper for one of these as they are more convenient to carry around but there is no longer any need to update them every 5 years.

Like 1      
20 Feb 2014 11:07 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Mariedav   You can exchange the old green paper for one of these 

Sorry if I appear to be splitting hairs, but you cannot exchange it, you can apply for a replacement, and will get the smaller document,  but if course you have to pay again, 10.40 euros,

I understand from the police (in the Documentation Section which issue it) that one is not permitted to plasticise the document.

Like 0      
21 Feb 2014 12:56 PM by Pilgrim Star rating in Costa Calida. 231 posts Send private message

Pilgrim´s avatar

Thanks to all re. the ID matter.

One more query re. the same, please. Can I then keep my EXISTING green sheet forever, or must I renew anyway, as has been suggeted by a neighbour?

pilgrim

Like 0      
21 Feb 2014 1:09 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

You keep the number forever, but some entities may want a copy which is less than 3 months old.  That said, I still use my Residencia which expired in 2007 and for all but official purposes it is accepted, so the answer might be 'depends'  !

PS the charge for a new NIE, or renewing the cert.  is now  10.50 euros

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

toll road - 4 posts
Car Rental Malaga - 5 posts
Visiting Nerja, Alumencar, Salobrena - 4 posts
Iberdrola - In English - 0 posts
Is a UK Visa Needed - 4 posts
Inaccuracy in Nota Simple - 2 posts
I pad 2 query - 8 posts
BUYING A SPANISH USED CAR WITH NO DOCUMENTS - 3 posts
non resident tax murcia - advice please - 13 posts
Car insurance - 2 posts
Channel 5HD - 3 posts
Long term car hire - 3 posts
Advice on a Dacion en pago - 3 posts
Yet another 720 query - 6 posts
Becoming a non-resident in Spain - 7 posts
Dation Advice - 0 posts
jardin tropical,developer Larios 2000 - 0 posts
Monthly and Annual Costs of keeping 2 bed apartment on Puerto Marina Los Alcazares - 0 posts
Pet Insurance - 2 posts
How to get more internet speed from Movistar - 4 posts
hola - 19 posts
Lost UK Channels time for IPTV - 2 posts
2 month rent Andalusia from mid Feb - 0 posts
Alicante/Murcia region - quiet seaside resort - 4 posts
Post refreshed: Buying in Spain is safe! - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x