Inaccuracy in Nota Simple

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Feb 2014 8:20 PM by mikesmith4 Star rating. 29 posts Send private message

I am asking a question that my not have diect an answer, but I will ask it anyway  becasue I am a bit of a panick. We have found a buyer for our property and when we spoke to our solicitor it became evident that there was an error on the nota simple which could prevent us from going ahead with the sale. Our solititors have done what is necessary to rectify the change and sent the paperwork to the Land Rergistry. My question is - are there timescale that Land Registry have to work too, in order to make changes to the nota simple and to respond accoringly? Or is it simply a case of manana!!

Like 0      
24 Feb 2014 12:42 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

What is the type of Registry procedure your solicitor is using? Answering timing depends on this

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
01 Mar 2014 12:14 PM by Susanspain Star rating in Mijas, Malaga. 145 posts Send private message

Susanspain´s avatar

Slightly different scenario. Our Nota Simple was correctly drawn up (at Notary with Lawyers consent/in put.)

But when our lawyer went to court to get the necessary acceptance of the document to enable the next stage of the registering of new ownership with Land Registry - the JUDGE got it wrong and missed out the IMPORTANT BIT that there are 2 owners on our Nota Simple.

The error was only spotted by our lawyer when she took the document to the Land Registry - who of course would not accept the Nota Simple as it was different from the Judges ruling.

We have had to go back to the Judge to get a new judgement. (I am rather annoyed about this as we are being asked to pay the Lawyer and the Procadura TWICE - for no fault of our own.) Is it not their job to check what the judge is signing? 

Likewise, we are now 2 years down the line in the process of getting a new Escritura and this has just held things up all over again!

Grrrr.... 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

I pad 2 query - 8 posts
BUYING A SPANISH USED CAR WITH NO DOCUMENTS - 3 posts
non resident tax murcia - advice please - 13 posts
Car insurance - 2 posts
Channel 5HD - 3 posts
Long term car hire - 3 posts
Advice on a Dacion en pago - 3 posts
Yet another 720 query - 6 posts
Becoming a non-resident in Spain - 7 posts
Dation Advice - 0 posts
jardin tropical,developer Larios 2000 - 0 posts
Monthly and Annual Costs of keeping 2 bed apartment on Puerto Marina Los Alcazares - 0 posts
Pet Insurance - 2 posts
How to get more internet speed from Movistar - 4 posts
hola - 19 posts
Lost UK Channels time for IPTV - 2 posts
2 month rent Andalusia from mid Feb - 0 posts
Alicante/Murcia region - quiet seaside resort - 4 posts
Post refreshed: Buying in Spain is safe! - 3 posts
Driving down to Murcia in the next week or so ? - 0 posts
Not a UK resident and buying Spanish Property? - 21 posts
Spanish Climate - 67 posts
Oxygen supplier - 2 posts
What happens if there is debt on a property or community fees unpaid? - 11 posts
cancellation of Britanny Ferries crossing Thursday 13th Santander to Portsmouth - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x