Alicante/Murcia region - quiet seaside resort

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Feb 2014 9:27 PM by markevans79 Star rating in North Wales and Jard.... 12 posts Send private message

Hello,

I am flying into Alicante in the summer with my wife and 3 year old daughter in tow for her first trip abroad! I would like some advice on where to stay...which village/area/town? I am after a quiet family friendly area, close to areas to interest to keep my daughter entertained (ie, harbour, a nice sandy beach, warm sea etc). We will be hiring a car so travelling north or south is not an issue. We are spending the 2nd part of our holiday near Murcia so would prefer to stay and enjoy a different area initially.

Any help or advice you could give would be greatly received.
Many thanks.

Like 0      
11 Feb 2014 11:42 PM by mrunhappy Star rating. 124 posts Send private message

Hi Mark, for a family friendly beach I think the Mar Menor is fantastic and I would recommend staying near Los Alcazares.  

Perhaps the best urbanisation in the area to stay would be Roda Golf.  There are plenty of apartments to rent at very good prices and the resort is really well maintained.  You will also be able to use the communal pool, however please be careful as to which pool you are allowed to use.

As you daughter is 3 years old the sea at the Mar Menor is wonderful (and just 5 mins drive) and shallow and some of the communal pools have areas suitable for paddling / play.  There is nromally a funfair opposite the urbanisation but it can be expensive.

Please also make sure that the apartment has air con as you will need it in the summer.

Downside is that it may be near Murcia?

Like 0      
12 Feb 2014 7:05 PM by markevans79 Star rating in North Wales and Jard.... 12 posts Send private message

That's really helpful, thank you very much.

Mark

Like 0      
12 Feb 2014 8:13 PM by aliton Star rating. 331 posts Send private message

Question..Have you already booked your flight..to Alicante ?

I agee that Los Acazares is a lovely spot for families and the beach is great for kids but it would be better to book into MURCIA AIRPORT and your plane will land next to los alcazares.... whilst Alicante Airport is a one hour drive.

We use both Airports but Murcia is by far our favourite as its hassle free... a little jem

Fomer member revisiting r.

Like 1      
13 Feb 2014 3:16 PM by nigela Star rating. 415 posts Send private message

If you are flying into Alicante look at the Gran Alacant and Santa Pola region. When my daughters were 3 and 4 we had our first foreign family holiday in Gran Alacant which is about 5 minutes from the airport. The beaches at Santa Pola are very child friendly and the communal pool at the community we stayed in was lovely. We had a first floor bungalow - we would call it an appartment - with a solarium and views accros to Alicante castle. There is a great fun fair for kids near Ssnta Pola and a really nice tropical garden on the way to Alicante. Gran Alacant is on a hill but the beaces at the bottom of the hill had some great rock pools for the kids.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Post refreshed: Buying in Spain is safe! - 3 posts
Driving down to Murcia in the next week or so ? - 0 posts
Not a UK resident and buying Spanish Property? - 21 posts
Spanish Climate - 67 posts
Oxygen supplier - 2 posts
What happens if there is debt on a property or community fees unpaid? - 11 posts
cancellation of Britanny Ferries crossing Thursday 13th Santander to Portsmouth - 0 posts
Electronic Registration - Spanish Tax Office - 5 posts
Become a homeowner for €1,000 - illegally of course... - 0 posts
sky tv - 2 posts
Is there much singing work in Spain - 1 posts
Lloyds Bank International changing to Banco Sabadell - Distance Banking - 14 posts
FREE Guide on Spanish Wills and Spain IHT - 5 posts
FREE Guide on Setting a Company in Spain - 0 posts
Administrators - 0 posts
cost upsizing satellite dish - 14 posts
Swing Seat - 0 posts
androi for tv - 5 posts
Nice Coastal Resorts Near Valencia - 3 posts
CAN I STILL SKY IN COSTA DEL SOL WITH MULTIROOM - 16 posts
Supreme Court and liabilities of Banks and Property valuers - 0 posts
Farnsfield - 7 posts
Iberdrola have cut us off - Help! - 10 posts
.GONE - 28 posts
Broadband - Mijas Area - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x