Car Rental Malaga

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Feb 2014 12:09 PM by ianz Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

Does anyone know of any good car rental companies near Malaga. Also, any advice on car rental in Spain would be appreciated.

Like 0      
19 Feb 2014 4:59 PM by casperruby Star rating. 165 posts Send private message

I think in the lastnyear I have used most of them and most are conning bxxxxxs.
I would not touch gold car they have a lousy reputation and yes there cheap sort of but the cues are horrendous.
I have found firefly quite good just outside main concourse in garage area the price they qoute is the price you pay as cdw insurance is the bug bare if you dont take it.
But the best company I have used in malaga is Malagacar.com they meet you at the arrivals and bus you to there garage onky about 100 yards from the airport so only a 5 minute walk and so far the cheapest with a half full to empty policy and not stupid fuel prices.

Like 2      
19 Feb 2014 7:12 PM by lorraine56 Star rating in Granada Spain. 51 posts Send private message

I have used Malagacar.com many times and never had a problem. Always good quality cars and no hard sell re extra insurance and reasonable fuel price unlike most car hire companies. I agree with casperruby don´t touch Goldcar with a barge pole, I hired off them once through Esayjet car hire and they refused to accept my Capital One Visa credit card and said it was a debit card , they even showed me their computor screen which was saying that it was a debit card and  then they said they would accept it if I bought their extra insurance even though I had cover through Easyjet insurance for car hire, Big Big Con. Would recommend Malagacar every time

Like 2      
19 Feb 2014 10:29 PM by ianz Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

Thank you capser and lorraine  for the recommendation for Malgacar. We had checked them out and seem good reviews but it is good to get a recommendation from elsewhere and to hear your experiences. Will deifinitely avoid Goldcar and the other cheapies..

Like 0      
20 Feb 2014 11:21 AM by robinsp Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

We have never had a problem with Malagarcar until last week when the car key was stolen from my husband's pocket.  When we went back to the car it had not been stolen but on phoning Malagacar we had to get a taxi to their office near Malaga airport (cost 50 euros) and also the return fare back to our car (another 50 euros) and was charged 130 euros for the lost key.  We had not read the small print in the agreement and although we had paid the extra insurance this was not covered so please be very careful with your car keys as it can prove very expensive!  Apart from that we have had no problem with them at all despite using them for quiet a few years  now.

Like 0      
20 Feb 2014 6:20 PM by ianz Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

Robin

Thank you for the tip about the car keys. I think lots of car rental companies charge a premium for replacement car keys. It does become very expensive when coupled with taxi fares.

ianz

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Visiting Nerja, Alumencar, Salobrena - 4 posts
Iberdrola - In English - 0 posts
Is a UK Visa Needed - 4 posts
Inaccuracy in Nota Simple - 2 posts
I pad 2 query - 8 posts
BUYING A SPANISH USED CAR WITH NO DOCUMENTS - 3 posts
non resident tax murcia - advice please - 13 posts
Car insurance - 2 posts
Channel 5HD - 3 posts
Long term car hire - 3 posts
Advice on a Dacion en pago - 3 posts
Yet another 720 query - 6 posts
Becoming a non-resident in Spain - 7 posts
Dation Advice - 0 posts
jardin tropical,developer Larios 2000 - 0 posts
Monthly and Annual Costs of keeping 2 bed apartment on Puerto Marina Los Alcazares - 0 posts
Pet Insurance - 2 posts
How to get more internet speed from Movistar - 4 posts
hola - 19 posts
Lost UK Channels time for IPTV - 2 posts
2 month rent Andalusia from mid Feb - 0 posts
Alicante/Murcia region - quiet seaside resort - 4 posts
Post refreshed: Buying in Spain is safe! - 3 posts
Driving down to Murcia in the next week or so ? - 0 posts
Not a UK resident and buying Spanish Property? - 21 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x