PLUS VALIA TAX advice needed

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Jul 2013 2:52 PM by formentera costa Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

My friend has just sold her property and has been advised

that the previous owner who she bought off 3 years ago has

not paid the plus valia tax.

Is she liable to pay this.

I am posting this as she is not on the internet

coolyes

Like 0      
11 Jul 2013 2:56 PM by I_Love_javea Star rating in Gibraltar / Morocco .... 125 posts Send private message

Yes, normally she would have retained the Plus Valia from the purchase price and then paid it within 30 days of the signing of the public deeds. This way she would not have been in the predicament she is now.

Shiny happy people - where?

Like 0      
11 Jul 2013 6:19 PM by formentera costa Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

thanks for reply.

will tell her tomorrow

coolyes

Like 0      
11 Jul 2013 7:01 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Well, I'm really not certain of the legal position; all I can say is that in my experience, when buying, I have never retained part of the purchase price to pay the plus valia as this pertains to the seller not the buyer, and similarly, when selling, nobody has ever retained part of the sale price to pay the plus valia that is my responsibility.

I've never heard of anyone retaining funds to cover plus valia. The 3% retention for Hacienda if the seller is non-resident, but plus valia, no.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
11 Jul 2013 7:11 PM by I_Love_javea Star rating in Gibraltar / Morocco .... 125 posts Send private message

Whatever. If the seller does not honour his obligation to pay plus valia then it will be charged against the property as it is a local tax on the increase in land value. To make sure this does not occur it is best to withhold this amount and for the purchaser to pay it. Do what you want. I only suggest this way is easier and has never let me down here in Spain.

Where is Torremolinos? I have heard it is the Blackpool of the Costa del Sol, is this true?

Like 0      
11 Jul 2013 8:05 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

I did stress in my experience. If this didn't coincide with yours and for some reason offended you, I apologise. But I really don't understand your stupid remark: "Where is Torremolinos? I have heard it is the Blackpool of the Costa del Sol, is this true?" Grow up.

Mark Twain

Like 0      
11 Jul 2013 8:18 PM by I_Love_javea Star rating in Gibraltar / Morocco .... 125 posts Send private message

Not offended at all. Just noticed that you mention Torremolinos so asked a genuine question. Sorry for any confusion caused. It is just that people on Sotogrande describe it as I said. I fly in and out of Gib and never venture north of Marbella, so was interested in your opinion. Sorry you where unable to answer without insults.

Like 0      
11 Jul 2013 9:20 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

I didn't mention Torremolinos - you did.

Mark Twain

Like 0      
11 Jul 2013 9:23 PM by I_Love_javea Star rating in Gibraltar / Morocco .... 125 posts Send private message

Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos

Like 0      
11 Jul 2013 9:32 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
"PLUS VALIA TAX advice needed"

Is this the place for me to make inane comments about Javea/Gibraltar/Morocco ?

If you want to know anything about Torremolinos (or anywhere else for that matter) I suggest you start another thread.

Mark Twain

Like 0      
11 Jul 2013 9:35 PM by I_Love_javea Star rating in Gibraltar / Morocco .... 125 posts Send private message

Chill Roberto - Goodnight 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Retirement Age in Spain - Are they going too far? - 23 posts
Babysitter Available - 0 posts
GARDENS OF MANILVA COUNTRY CLUB - 1 posts
Car from Spain to UK and Return - 8 posts
Civil Guardia-unfair fines - 4 posts
how to delete another wifi network from computer - 5 posts
Energy Proficiency Certificate questions. - 11 posts
What´s On................ - 0 posts
Paro - Please help!! - 1 posts
LONG TERM RENTAL REQUIRED-CAN YOU HELP? - 6 posts
RECOMMENDATION FOR SATELLITE TV INSTALLATION COMPANY CLOSE TO LOS ALCAZARES (MURCIA/COSTA BLANCA SOUTH) - 23 posts
Mobile broadband - 0 posts
Winter Fuel Allowance - 6 posts
Los Alcazares nearest football team - 7 posts
Comedy video - 1 posts
Well Summer is here and Corvera Airport is still not open....... - 3 posts
Is your Spanish really as good as you think? - 29 posts
Adifferent take on things????!!!! - 0 posts
Iberdrola - new disconnection policy? - 0 posts
Health Care in Spain for Brits. - 10 posts
Starter Motor - 0 posts
selling silver bullion in marbella - 0 posts
speed cameras - 7 posts
In Spain, do uninhabitable properties still have to pay the community charge? - 3 posts
Recommendations for places to stay in Northern Spain - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x