Civil Guardia-unfair fines

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Jul 2013 4:33 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

Johnx/other knowledgeable people

If you are fined by the CG for a motoring offence that you haven't committed, and can prove it, but they refuse to look at or accept eveidence, how do you get redress, stick up for your rights

I heard of a case where a driver was accused of using his mobile at the wheel, when in fact it was at home. The call log showed no calls had been made or received, The CG would have none of it and fined him.

What if a holiday maker in a UK car is fined for not having reregistered his car onto Spanish plates, has ferry tickets and other proof which the CG will not even look at. The deiver is given 7 days to rereister his car, or else.

What can you do? denounce the CG with all the stress, money and time that would involve?

Ask the legal team on your insurance?

Is there no free source of advice and help, no organisation to hhelp

People just comply and pay;it is not right. They have suffered an injustice, even intimidation

Don't say -This is Spain!

Like 0      
10 Jul 2013 5:04 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar
Dear me, camposol, you live a worrying life. Has that ever happened to you? Me neither. Only been stopped once for a traffic check in over 10 years (in UK car on holiday about 5 years ago) and waved on my way with a gracias. Things like the phone happen in UK as well, not just here. The German polizei were the most corrupt I have ever come across when they took fines on the spot. Sort of, give me 10 marks and all is forgotten, type thing. Another good reason for stopping taking cash on the spot as they have done here. (The Cypriot police were quite happy with a bottle of scotch).
Your insurance company here will fight fines for you (well, mine does) if you think it is not for a valid reason.
Most of the stories I've heard about unwarranted fines actually turn out that an offence was committed, like not stopping at stop signs, turning left across an unbroken white line etc. Those who complain about being stopped for driving in flip flops or carrying shopping on the back seat should really acquaint themselves with the rules.
(If I now get stopped in the near future for something I didn't do I'll come straight on and whinge about the injustice of it all.)

Like 0      
10 Jul 2013 6:39 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

Of course these things also happen in UK, but at least they would take notice of your proof.Here they fine first and it's up to you to take action to prove your innocence.

Like 0      
11 Jul 2013 12:44 PM by ayrez Star rating in La Marina Oasis. 379 posts Send private message

How many people do you actually know that these things have happened to?

The question about Uk holidaymakers in Uk a Uk car is hypothetical I presume.

Were you not complaining, a few months ago, that the GC ignored illegal UK registered cars?

Like 0      
11 Jul 2013 2:24 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

Of course the GC should be targeting illegal UK cars, and the the fact is, in this area they are ignoring them. In this thread I am referring to genuine holiday makers who can prove they are, yet are fined because the police refuse to look at or accept their evidence;why should they suffer unfairly?

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

how to delete another wifi network from computer - 5 posts
Energy Proficiency Certificate questions. - 11 posts
What´s On................ - 0 posts
Paro - Please help!! - 1 posts
LONG TERM RENTAL REQUIRED-CAN YOU HELP? - 6 posts
RECOMMENDATION FOR SATELLITE TV INSTALLATION COMPANY CLOSE TO LOS ALCAZARES (MURCIA/COSTA BLANCA SOUTH) - 23 posts
Mobile broadband - 0 posts
Winter Fuel Allowance - 6 posts
Los Alcazares nearest football team - 7 posts
Comedy video - 1 posts
Well Summer is here and Corvera Airport is still not open....... - 3 posts
Is your Spanish really as good as you think? - 29 posts
Adifferent take on things????!!!! - 0 posts
Iberdrola - new disconnection policy? - 0 posts
Health Care in Spain for Brits. - 10 posts
Starter Motor - 0 posts
selling silver bullion in marbella - 0 posts
speed cameras - 7 posts
In Spain, do uninhabitable properties still have to pay the community charge? - 3 posts
Recommendations for places to stay in Northern Spain - 4 posts
where to buy beds Costa del Sol - 0 posts
price of survey of property that's under legal administration - 1 posts
energy certificate - 1 posts
Regency snooker La Nucia - 0 posts
YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x