Hoja de reclamaciones

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Dec 2012 9:28 PM by Venator Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Has any member had experience of making a complaint about a business using the hojade reclamaciones procedure, which I believe to be something similar to trading standards in the UK?

Any information would be greatfully received.

Thankyou.

Like 0      
23 Dec 2012 6:28 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

This is what I posted  on 25th March 2012

(I found in by using the serach facility. Several other results came up too )

The complaints form is a 3 page document.

Written down the left long side, is which copy is for you, which for the bank and the which copy is for the consumers office, Town Hall. 

You take your copy and the consumers office copy.

If the complaint is not resolved within 2 weeks take the form to the consumers office and they will pursue it.

If an establishment says it does not have the complaints form. Call the LOCAL POLICE and they will attend, fine them and close the establishment.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 23/12/2012.

Like 0      
23 Dec 2012 8:42 AM by Venator Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Thank you John, that is interesting.

I notice you replied to my other thread, do you think I am wasting my time on this.

Regards.

Like 0      
23 Dec 2012 8:59 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Venator.

What you say would seem to amount to a criminal offence. If it is, I would advise you to go to the local court and make a denuncia (crime report). 

In Spain one  can make such a report at either a court or to the National Police or the Guardia Civil.  The court would normally have translators.   (If made to the police they will pass it to the court who will direct any investigation)   

In my experience the court is the better choice in ‘complex matters.’

Like 0      
23 Dec 2012 9:02 AM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

It depends the circumstances on why and what you are complaining about because often jus asking for the form can change the attitude of the business and I have used the forms very successfully on numerous occasions

The Spanish consumer people if you look them up is OMIC and the real issues with the system are that you have to do the form in person at the business and then ideally find the OMIC offices and give them the form, they are normally attached to the local Town Hall

Don't take any notice if the tell you to complete the form in Spanish and it should be a multi-part numbered form, you keep a copy, the business has a copy and a copy goes to OMIC

Use the system as it works very well if you cam prove a justified claim

Like 0      
24 Dec 2012 10:06 AM by Sevillana Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Hi everyone,

I don't know if this can help, but I've been working at the tourist office in Madrid, and we used to help people with this kind of issues, because the business must provide a complaint form, but is not obliged to translate it.

If it's about a big problem, I aleays recommend to go to the police station, they use to have someone to translate or english speaker.

Good luck

Like 0      
24 Dec 2012 1:47 PM by tony&kim Star rating in Crosby, Merseyside a.... 68 posts Send private message

Is there a time limit on submitting this form, and what is the situation where the business refuses all requests to provide an official mailing address or to meet to discuss the complaint?

Like 0      
24 Dec 2012 7:49 PM by Susanspain Star rating in Mijas, Malaga. 145 posts Send private message

Susanspain´s avatar

I am not sure on time limit - perhaps 15 days? I only say that as this is the time allowed to return any items that are faulty etc...

They usually give a refund (or at the very least a credit note for the store) immeidatley.

The main time I have used the hoja, was after being sold a printer for my computer and it turned out not to be compatible, even though I had asked the advice of the shop assistant. I kind of remember (it was some years ago now), that for some reason I did not take the printer out of the box for at least a month (over the 30 days).  When I found out it was not compatible, I took it back to the store (Boulanger - now Worten), and they refused to refund my money (or even give me a credit note.) I demanded the hoja, filled it out - and they still refused.  A stiff letter to them and the threat of taking the matter up via the OMIC (consumer office - who arbirtate in some matters)... they finally agreed to a full refund.

But it was touch and go!

The other times I have filled out reclamaciones (same as hoja) was by recorded burofax (only way to do an official complaint against some bigger co's).... against Telefonica for refusing to install us a landline - after the engineers site visit had said it was OK. 

They never responded (surprize surpirze), and we never follwed it through - too much wasted energy. + we found another supplier. 

The OMIC are great for general advice on consumer matters and yes, it is taken seriously (in general) by companies if you get them involved and it is usually resolved before it reaches that stage.

(Eg - some friends who came on holiday to visit me rented a car - they were told to return the car with an empty petrol tank - but were over charge - as we all know! Eu60 instead of the Eu30 it actually is. They did the hoja before leaving the country, and their credit card was refunded the difference. Result!) But if they had not known about it via me - they would have been stung. 

Like 0      
25 Dec 2012 8:52 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Venator, opened this thread because he had a specific problem and was looking for a specific answer.

Those who just want to expand the tread by asking ‘any questions that comes into their head’ out of curiosity are expecting others to make the investigations for them.

For those who ‘just want to know’ I suggest you Google it. You will then find a mass of info. Just to help you start,   look at http://www.hojasdereclamacion.es/

But please don’t come back and expect someone to translated the info for you !!

Like 0      
25 Dec 2012 9:29 AM by Venator Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

John...

That is very helpful information.

Thank you.

Like 0      
25 Dec 2012 10:54 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Susan you say the forms work well but then go on to describe how you do not actually use them by following them.  

As you say, that is a waste of effort.

But they do work. I have used them several times (but you do have to follow them up)

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

NEW CHAPTER FOR 2014 - 8 posts
If you want to make a difference and stop the injustice - 11 posts
Never really sure how to start. Hello is always a good bet... - 5 posts
BBC 1 HD listed on Astra 2F, UK satellite TV, Spain - 0 posts
Living in a Portacabin? - 5 posts
Where is nearest police station to get an NIE number from Los alcazares? - 8 posts
Christmas Letter from Costaluz - 3 posts
Late payment of non residents tax. - 2 posts
Non Residence tax and changes to value - 11 posts
RUDEAIR - 35 posts
mortgage broker, Costa blanca - 0 posts
New Asset Reporting Law for Spanish Residents - 38 posts
Spain strengthens ties with the jewish community - 4 posts
Who said the property market wasn't moving? - 4 posts
Beneficiary - 4 posts
BBC News in UK - 0 posts
WILL THE WORLD END THIS FRIDAY...... - 15 posts
Nerja, just moved in, anyone from around here? - 2 posts
Visit Andalusian - 5 posts
Corvera confusion - 7 posts
Mobile nightmare - 3 posts
thinking of moving to spain - 8 posts
Electricity on the rise again - 0 posts
How should we feel - 78 posts
Tax info on selling a recently inherited property please - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x