Non Residence tax and changes to value

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Dec 2012 12:11 PM by kevducky Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

I bought my property in 2011 and therefore due to pay my first Non Res tax.  The Castoral Val was over 200000 euros, but this was deemed illegal and for this year has been reduced to 34000 euro.

As far as Town Hall tax is concerned Madrid has order that residents must be rebated monies they have paid for the last 6 years as the valuations were incorrect.  We have no chance of getting a rebate from te town hall.

My question is- Due to the order made by central govt, should I pay my non resident tax based on the lower figure which is deemed to be correct OR the higher figure which is was last year?

Like 0      
21 Dec 2012 12:26 PM by norm de plume Star rating in North Tenerife and L.... 162 posts Send private message

Go to www.sedecatastro.gob.es and use the free access on the left.  Insert your catastral number and the answer will be your official valor catastral.

Like 0      
21 Dec 2012 12:40 PM by kevducky Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

I assume you mean where it says Citizens, companies and professionals.  I clicked on Cadastral procedures Query and it says access denied.

Am I doing something wrong?

Like 0      
21 Dec 2012 12:49 PM by norm de plume Star rating in North Tenerife and L.... 162 posts Send private message

Click on top left - consulta de cartografia.  I've just done it.

Like 0      
21 Dec 2012 1:22 PM by kevducky Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

have managed to get in thanks.  I have found the property and discription, but where do I find the value?

Like 0      
21 Dec 2012 2:13 PM by norm de plume Star rating in North Tenerife and L.... 162 posts Send private message

Click on bottom left "datos y consulta".

Like 0      
21 Dec 2012 2:22 PM by kevducky Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

I,m sorry to be thick, but I click on datos y consulta descriptiva y graticia.  This then comes up with list of properties.  I click on mine and it shows me a description, total area site but no value. :(

Like 0      
21 Dec 2012 4:52 PM by norm de plume Star rating in North Tenerife and L.... 162 posts Send private message

Looks like you can't do it now without a security certificate.   Perhaps best to concede defeat and go and see a gestor,

Like 0      
22 Dec 2012 8:29 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

My question is- Due to the order made by central govt, should I pay my non resident tax based on the lower figure which is deemed to be correct OR the higher figure which is was last year?

If the lower figure is corrrect then pay on that.  However, I am pretty sure that one pays on  either the Catastral value or the declared value, which ever is the highest. 

Like 0      
22 Dec 2012 12:23 PM by kevducky Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

Well i will soon find out. I am paying on the lower figure. Thanks for your help

Like 0      
27 Dec 2012 9:32 PM by kathyslad Star rating. 329 posts Send private message

Well i will soon find out. I am paying on the lower figure. Thanks for your help

This happened to me last year, and I paid on the revised lower (old) figure, as the previous value was declared null and void. Don't forget you will have to pay at a rate of 2% if its pre 96

If the lower figure is corrrect then pay on that. However, I am pretty sure that one pays on either the Catastral value or the declared value, which ever is the highest.

I think you're getting confused with inheritance and/or capital gains tax, which is based on the highest figure. Non-resident tax is based only on the Catastral value.

Like 0      
27 Dec 2012 9:54 PM by kevducky Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

I assume they haven't chased you up then.  I have paid on the revised Catastral value although it was only revised this year

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

RUDEAIR - 35 posts
mortgage broker, Costa blanca - 0 posts
New Asset Reporting Law for Spanish Residents - 38 posts
Spain strengthens ties with the jewish community - 4 posts
Who said the property market wasn't moving? - 4 posts
Beneficiary - 4 posts
BBC News in UK - 0 posts
WILL THE WORLD END THIS FRIDAY...... - 15 posts
Nerja, just moved in, anyone from around here? - 2 posts
Visit Andalusian - 5 posts
Corvera confusion - 7 posts
Mobile nightmare - 3 posts
thinking of moving to spain - 8 posts
Electricity on the rise again - 0 posts
How should we feel - 78 posts
Tax info on selling a recently inherited property please - 2 posts
Illustrator Wanted - 0 posts
Looking for an Illustrator - 2 posts
SPAIN NO LONGER AN OPTION - 2 posts
Funny Christmas Greeting in Spanish! - 5 posts
SIA DOOR SUPERVISOR - 5 posts
Minimum age of consent in Spain - 5 posts
Motivated Brokers Wanted - 0 posts
Embargo on a Motorbike-Help! - 6 posts
Solar Plant Medina Sidonia - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x