thinking of moving to spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Dec 2012 4:40 PM by tom1234 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi everyone,

You probably vave read a similar topic before but like they say, every situation is slightly different;)

Currently living in ireland but want to try spain for about 9 months ( jan till sep about 25 km south from Barcelona) so i get more less the full picture of what its like over there. I read few topics here and there and have few Q about registering proccess(NIE number), one paper stated that the long term registration procedure has changed in july this year. Does anyone know what it looks like at the moment?? Another think thats bugging me are the utilities. Read on one site thay are really tight on water supply (fines for watering garden, or topping up pool)??Is that a daily bread in Spain or just happening during the summer season??.Second thing, is there realy so much hassle with Endesa or Iberdrola if its about billing?? Do they really often come up with ridiculously high figures on bills with no reason??? And are the power cuts really a common thing?? My work is highly dependent on internet connection so thats an important factor to me. And working from battery backups is not too handy :). I'm a day trader and cant really produce any employment evidence --could this be a big issue during the registration???? Would the bank statement showing sufficient funds to keep me going for that period be enough ?????

Thanks for any answers

Like 0      
18 Dec 2012 6:03 AM by stephensteve Star rating. 32 posts Send private message

Hi Tom, do you think your day trading will continue to give you a living..??

I am trying to get to a living wage status at Forex.!!

It sounds a great idea to live somewhere nice to do your work, what do you trade..???

Best regards, Steve

Like 0      
21 Dec 2012 5:28 AM by Mungry Star rating. 329 posts Send private message

i was a day trader for a while and i was very good at it

everyhing i touched turned to gold

until one day it didnt and everything i touched turned to dust

its great while its going good but personally i cant see it as a stable income and  more of a hobby

i coldnt stay away from you miserable whining whingers for some reason

Like 0      
21 Dec 2012 11:26 AM by Foxilady Star rating in surrey. 277 posts Send private message

Foxilady´s avatar

Unless of course you are a little old Chinese lady in your shed, having bought up all the US Treasury bonds  - happy days.

If I shine too brightly, then put your sunglasses on oy vey

Like 0      
21 Dec 2012 12:19 PM by competa Star rating in Scotland. 92 posts Send private message

You won't need prove income to get an NIE - it's the same as a social security no and you will need it if you want to open a bank account.   Re utilities - you really shouldn't be worrying about watering the garden etc. - if this sort of thing puts you off, you shouldn't be thinking of moving to Spain!  In my 25 years of experience in Spain, the utility service companies are much the same as they are in the UK. My house is in a little village in Spain, and have only had power cuts two or three times.

Like 0      
04 Jan 2013 7:48 PM by steve&hayley Star rating. 33 posts Send private message

Day trade rye tried that I did love Minmet,medivest, and torotrack anyway that was 10 yrs ago
I'm moving to benferri alicante in march this year.
I've been thinking about it for years and with the uk as it is well now is the time
I ignor all the bad press and listen to the good just go for it and if you don't day trade there's always POKER

Good luck

Like 0      
04 Jan 2013 8:43 PM by stephensteve Star rating. 32 posts Send private message

HI and thanks for your info on day trading. 

I know some people who make a living in this way, they have learned well and aware of the pitfalls...!!!

In this global economy available to us online, I am keen to make a wage whilst living somewhere that I want to be,

sun,sea,sand,soccer...!!!

Like 0      
05 Jan 2013 12:24 AM by fireblade900-1 Star rating in Wembley/Rojales. 23 posts Send private message

Tom1234

Go for it Tom1234, spain is a great place to relax if you've got an income from the Net.

That was my idea as a day trader back in 2003, when I bought a villa in spain.....said to myself ..why live in a cold wet grey country  if I can make money via the net anywhere in the world with my laptop ?..so spain it was !

Unfortunatly my losses where always much greater than my wins ..you've definitely got to have the right  sort of mentality,  one I miserably failed at !!!!

A total of Twelve years of trading  whether it was CFD, Forex, swing trading , in fact most of all  the comman ways of trading ..always seemed the markets were manipulated against you by the brokers/ market makers ..sadley had to call it a day  !   ...here in blightly still seeking another internet way of making a crust...

Still hoping my dreams of living in the sun with my laptop sooner rather than later !!! .....

Happy New year to all ..

This message was last edited by fireblade900-1 on 05/01/2013.

This message was last edited by fireblade900-1 on 05/01/2013.

Like 0      
05 Jan 2013 9:06 AM by stephensteve Star rating. 32 posts Send private message

Hi again, give this forum a go   http://www.trade2win.com/boards/forex/123288-3-ducks-trading-system.html

It is the brainchild of a well respected fella who lives in Dublin, I have followed his advice for a while now, with good results,

cheers, Steve

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Electricity on the rise again - 0 posts
How should we feel - 78 posts
Tax info on selling a recently inherited property please - 2 posts
Illustrator Wanted - 0 posts
Looking for an Illustrator - 2 posts
SPAIN NO LONGER AN OPTION - 2 posts
Funny Christmas Greeting in Spanish! - 5 posts
SIA DOOR SUPERVISOR - 5 posts
Minimum age of consent in Spain - 5 posts
Motivated Brokers Wanted - 0 posts
Embargo on a Motorbike-Help! - 6 posts
Solar Plant Medina Sidonia - 0 posts
No wills - 2 posts
Inheritance Tax for Non-residents - 7 posts
Credit Checks in Spain - 0 posts
Tenants fom Hell. What can be done legally - 36 posts
Responsibilities of property management company - 3 posts
Latest house price news from Spain - 157 posts
Property Nightmare resolved! - 4 posts
Should the "bad bank" demolish or finish the properties? - 12 posts
Merry Xmas - 0 posts
Name and Shame list for tax cheats - 6 posts
Nie or passport numbers needed when buying goods. - 7 posts
Looking for printers of calendars and promotional products in Murica/Alicante region - 2 posts
home page on my laptop - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x