RUDEAIR

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Dec 2012 10:21 PM by Foxilady Star rating in surrey. 277 posts Send private message

Foxilady´s avatar

I have just been reading Which report on airline and surprise surprise Ryanair have come bottom, and quite rightly so they're a terrible airline in every respect.

embed

If I shine too brightly, then put your sunglasses on oy vey

Like 0      
21 Dec 2012 5:04 AM by Mungry Star rating. 329 posts Send private message

apart from the price of course which is 99.9% of the reason people use them

i coldnt stay away from you miserable whining whingers for some reason

Like 0      
21 Dec 2012 9:09 AM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

And that they fly from and to more places.  And that they have the best punctuality of any airline.  Have they actually been rude to you, foxilady, or is this just something you've heard?  They've never been rude to me and have always seemed quite helpful on the occasions I've had to use them.  Whilst not a fan, it simply does what it says on the tin.  They get you to where you want, on time and generally cheaper.  I do not like the rush for seats at the beginning but their seats have as much legroom as BA.  

I used to prefer BMI but they've gone out of business, Easyjet was as bad as Ryanair (although I've heard they've improved a little), Monarch were good but punctuality and changing planes at the last moment is dragging them down.  BA is good but only goes to London and is double the cost (although luggage is free and you get a chicken wrap (wow)).  

Like 0      
21 Dec 2012 9:16 AM by Mungry Star rating. 329 posts Send private message

t always suprises me that those that pay the least complain the most.

those passangers that think ryanair is rude should go club class british airways.

you get first class travel and service and i guarantee nobody will ever be too busy to be polite you.

Like 0      
21 Dec 2012 9:19 AM by Foxilady Star rating in surrey. 277 posts Send private message

Foxilady´s avatar

I do complain about them yes and have done so since 2001 when they were very rude to me.  Funny you should mention BA as when we do fly, though we often take the car, we used 1st class through hubbies company.  Why on earth would I complain about a company and then still use them duh!!!!!

Like 0      
21 Dec 2012 10:26 AM by Nostradamus Star rating in Dublin y Catalunya. 26 posts Send private message

I fly with Ryanair a dozen times a year, I have used the airline at least 50 times in the last 5 years and I have found the airline to be satisfactory in all respects .In the course of that period I have experienced only one signnificantly delayed departure, a 90-minute  delay because the pilot wanted a technician to check out something about which he was concerned (who could quibble with that?) I have found the ground staff  to ne busy,focussed and of course self-assertive-they are engaged in the fairly challenging task of shepherding a large number of people aboard an airline while maintaining security and luggage restrictions.Because they are under pressure their manner may appear abrupt-I have never experienced rudeness with them,but I appreciate that some people are more sensitive than others to perceived slights and may interpret  an impatient response as rudeness. The airline has clear regulations and does demand a certain degree of personal organisation skills of its passengers-some passengers lack these skills,become involved in confrontations with staff,to the frustration of other passengers who simply want to get on with the flight. It is very frustrating to be in a Ryanair baggage check-in queue behind some idiot who has failed to read the crystal clear luggage regulations and is engaged in a lengthy harangue of staff,often ending the statement to the world "I will never again fly Ryanair again" (until the next time,of course) I have found the flight staff to be less pressured,cheerful and charming,,greeting passengers as they board and ,bidding farewell as they depart

In general I have found Ryanair fares to be about half of the alternaive flight cost with other major airlines

My experience of Ryanair,in short,has been most satisfactoryy to date

Like 0      
21 Dec 2012 10:29 AM by gerrryuk Star rating in Mezquitilla, near To.... 179 posts Send private message

gerrryuk´s avatar

I have travelled with Ryanair many times & find them no problem. Just beware of the "extras" do everything that they ask, which is cost free don't buy anything & no problem.

They are constantly looking to be more slick, & as long as they get me from A to B, in the time asked & relative comfort I'm happy with them. Have to speak as you find & I have never had any trouble with them.

Just a bus service in the air & I have always found them to be very courteous, punctual and efficient, oh & cheap!

Like 0      
21 Dec 2012 10:41 AM by Cove Robert Star rating. 214 posts Send private message

Had only one bad experience in all the time I have used them. My daughter had her ticket cheched at the check in and then joined me while I was waiting, in a different queue. The ,,lady'' checking my paper then wanted to check my daughters which of course was already torn. She was so rude about that that I almost forgot myself and I am normaly quite laid back. I am a bloody customer after all! My wife had to pull me away and having witnessed a woman in Berlin being taken of a Ryanair flight that was already on route to the runway I tried to calm down not wanting to end up in their bad books. But that was the only time.

What I do not like is what I would see as conditioning, being weened of service and comfort until the bare bones of transportation resemble nothing else but a sheep herding drive. The first passengers get restless, maybe a technician walks through the check in gate and the herd gets going. In winter with everybody wearing heavy coats the hand luggage compartments are clogged up before 2/3 of passengers are on board with no thought by the airline to accomodate such a matter.I really dislike that but that's what I've paid for. I always look at it as a shabby bus ride.

Last year I used Turkish Airlines and when the lady asked me where I wanted to sit I didn't realize at first what she was talking about! There was a menu on the seat and the food was fantastic, a tv screen and smiling staff not trying to flog rubbish to you. All for 230 EU return.And I think to myself why can't Ryanair not be a bit more reasonable? And then I remember what flights cost before they were in the market and then I shrug and join the sheep.

Like 0      
21 Dec 2012 10:57 AM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

I have taken 35 flights this year most of them with Ryanair. The only dislike I have is the boarding process otherwise no complaint, They have never been rude to me but have shown great kindness when I wasn't feeling too well on one flight. They fly to airports more convenient for me and when they stopped the flights on one route I use it has caused me many extra travelling hours and extra dosh to get where I want to go. It is not the BA business class experience but BA just don't go where I want to go!

Poppyseed

Like 0      
21 Dec 2012 11:03 AM by Foxilady Star rating in surrey. 277 posts Send private message

Foxilady´s avatar

All I will say is I hope you never need a wheelchair with Ryanair!

Like 0      
21 Dec 2012 11:12 AM by MetGB Star rating. 52 posts Send private message

I cannot believe what I am reading!  Is this a wind up?  I had the misfortune of having no alternative once but to use Ryanair, they are the worst worst worst airline in existence.  What drugs are you all on for christsakes?  Whatever they are I want some NOW!

embed

Like 0      
21 Dec 2012 11:42 AM by ojosazul88 Star rating. 171 posts Send private message

whinge and moan, its all free publicity for Ryannair. At the end of the day, no one is forcing you to fly with them, The bottom line is, many book with them due to price and as most of their flights are under 2 hours, 1st class travel is hardly needed.

Like 0      
21 Dec 2012 11:58 AM by MetGB Star rating. 52 posts Send private message

Perhaps some of you would benefit from doing some homework on Ryanair and they're turnaround eg at airports.   There used to be a retired air traffic controller on this site who can corroborate how they operate in and out of airports ie not enough time to comply with safety checks.    I think when our lives are at risk the cost becomes irrelevant.

Like 0      
21 Dec 2012 12:01 PM by Mungry Star rating. 329 posts Send private message

My parents arent really a fan of ryanair because its cattle class so when they come to stay with me every two months they always search for better deals.

So far they have only ever come on Ryanair i think and have never beaten the price no matter how much they tried.

Sure the people could be a lot politer but the are probably stressed to hell

Like 0      
21 Dec 2012 1:14 PM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

My elderly mother-in-law used Ryanair all the time when they were able to travel to Spain and had to use a wheelchair, no problems. Perhaps it's a matter of expecttions. All I expect from Ryanair is to get me from A to B on time, nothing more, nothing less, if I could find a better airline flying the routes I want at the same price I would use them. If I am flying long haul business class my expectations rise accordingly.

Poppyseed

Like 0      
21 Dec 2012 1:24 PM by Foxilady Star rating in surrey. 277 posts Send private message

Foxilady´s avatar

I suppose having someone to push the wheelchair was asking to much, I must remember to lower my expections to equal the rest of society!

Like 0      
21 Dec 2012 1:28 PM by Mungry Star rating. 329 posts Send private message

yeah

dont shoot too high and then you wont be dissapointed

Like 0      
21 Dec 2012 1:40 PM by Foxilady Star rating in surrey. 277 posts Send private message

Foxilady´s avatar

hmmm not sure I can accomplish that - will stick to BA and Emirates and drive to Spain lol.

Like 0      
21 Dec 2012 1:49 PM by Harry07 Star rating. 205 posts Send private message

Cathay Pacific is our favourite airline - used them a lot when I worked in HK & still do.

RyanAir clearly meet a useful market need. But it really boils down to standards & what one can afford.

This message was last edited by Harry07 on 21/12/2012.

Like 0      
21 Dec 2012 2:02 PM by Cove Robert Star rating. 214 posts Send private message

That's a very interesting point, Foxilady. Expectations. At what juncture does a business model like Ryanairs erode so much as to make it unbearable to use? At what point is the combination of diminished quality of travel equating to moving cattle and the smoke and mirror tactic of disguising the end price, often ending up at a remote airport and therefore adding additional transportation cost thereby often reducing or even  wiping out any perceived savings to much for the customer? Is there really so much money to be saved? In most Airports you need a second pair of shoes until you have reached the Ryanair Check In. You buy a Lottery ticket on the plane, win a flight and then you learn you still have to pay the charges and taxes.

Now, I'll still use them, sometimes because they are cheaper sometimes they are the only ones that can get me there. But there is always some kind of residue, this underlying feeling that one has not been taken for a flight but rather for a ride. Not a monetary one, a moral one. One can argue there are no morals in free enterprise but then would one go to a grocer who repeatedly short changes? It's a dilemma of sorts. At times.

It's like a social experiment.

And no, I have not hit the eggnog early.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

mortgage broker, Costa blanca - 0 posts
New Asset Reporting Law for Spanish Residents - 38 posts
Spain strengthens ties with the jewish community - 4 posts
Who said the property market wasn't moving? - 4 posts
Beneficiary - 4 posts
BBC News in UK - 0 posts
WILL THE WORLD END THIS FRIDAY...... - 15 posts
Nerja, just moved in, anyone from around here? - 2 posts
Visit Andalusian - 5 posts
Corvera confusion - 7 posts
Mobile nightmare - 3 posts
thinking of moving to spain - 8 posts
Electricity on the rise again - 0 posts
How should we feel - 78 posts
Tax info on selling a recently inherited property please - 2 posts
Illustrator Wanted - 0 posts
Looking for an Illustrator - 2 posts
SPAIN NO LONGER AN OPTION - 2 posts
Funny Christmas Greeting in Spanish! - 5 posts
SIA DOOR SUPERVISOR - 5 posts
Minimum age of consent in Spain - 5 posts
Motivated Brokers Wanted - 0 posts
Embargo on a Motorbike-Help! - 6 posts
Solar Plant Medina Sidonia - 0 posts
No wills - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 36

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x