Mobile nightmare

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Dec 2012 8:54 AM by amatista Star rating. 440 posts Send private message

Ho,

Just wondered if anyone can advise me on the following.

I received a Samsung Galaxy as part of a Vodafone contract in February this year. The contract was for 24 months. About one month ago the telephone went wrong and kept turning itself off.

I took the phone into Phone House shop in Fuengirola where i bought it from as it is under a 2  year guarantee. Girl told me either we send it to Madrid which will take about 4 weeks or YOU take it to technician in Phone House Malaga. Not sure why I had to take it but still, hey ho. So off to Malaga, where technico downloaded software and I took it home. Next day the same problem existed, the phone kept switching itself off and I had to remove battery and restart about every 10 minutes. Took it back to Malaga where they said they would have to send it to Madrid and gave me a pick up date of 11th December but said they would text me when it was there. Luckily I managed to borrow an old Nokia basic phone from friend so i wasnt totally phoneless for a month.

The 11th December came and went .. no phone call .. so yesterday i went into Malaga (again) to see what was happening. Waited 40 minutes in queue to be told the phone is not back, and there is a delay of at least 2 more weeks as Vodafone have not paid a bill to Phone House for repairs, so everything is going slowly.

So to cut a long story short I am without telephone for at least 6 weeks. I pay 32 euros per month for a Vodafone service that includes wifi which I cannot use as I do not have the phone??

Who is ultimately responsible for this? Phone House, who guarantee the phone for 2 years or Vodafone? Help please.

Thanks,

Jane

Like 0      
18 Dec 2012 9:16 AM by joekaren46 Star rating in Benalmadena Pueblo &.... 7 posts Send private message

Hi

A lawyer could probably answer the legal side of this, but I find by requesting the 'Complaints' book at these places often works wonders.

Hope you get your phone back and that all is well thereafter. I've just bought one from the same place, and, touch wood, it's perfect.

Regards & best wishes

Joseph

Like 0      
18 Dec 2012 9:40 AM by amatista Star rating. 440 posts Send private message

Thanks Joseph, I had thought I would do that if it is not fixed when i get back from England after Christmas .. I don´t really like complaining but this is just going too far.

Good luck with your phone, Jane

Like 0      
18 Dec 2012 11:03 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Amatista

I guess you did not ask  (demand) the complaints books.

That is what it is for, making complaints when you are not satisfied.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

thinking of moving to spain - 8 posts
Electricity on the rise again - 0 posts
How should we feel - 78 posts
Tax info on selling a recently inherited property please - 2 posts
Illustrator Wanted - 0 posts
Looking for an Illustrator - 2 posts
SPAIN NO LONGER AN OPTION - 2 posts
Funny Christmas Greeting in Spanish! - 5 posts
SIA DOOR SUPERVISOR - 5 posts
Minimum age of consent in Spain - 5 posts
Motivated Brokers Wanted - 0 posts
Embargo on a Motorbike-Help! - 6 posts
Solar Plant Medina Sidonia - 0 posts
No wills - 2 posts
Inheritance Tax for Non-residents - 7 posts
Credit Checks in Spain - 0 posts
Tenants fom Hell. What can be done legally - 36 posts
Responsibilities of property management company - 3 posts
Latest house price news from Spain - 157 posts
Property Nightmare resolved! - 4 posts
Should the "bad bank" demolish or finish the properties? - 12 posts
Merry Xmas - 0 posts
Name and Shame list for tax cheats - 6 posts
Nie or passport numbers needed when buying goods. - 7 posts
Looking for printers of calendars and promotional products in Murica/Alicante region - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x