Corvera confusion

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Dec 2012 9:23 AM by steone Star rating in Santiago de la Riber.... 383 posts Send private message

I have just read in the printed version of the Leader ( Costa Calida) that AENA have granted the Benetton family a contract for 20 years to operate the "duty free" side of San Javier Airport. This indicates that San Javier will stay open for the next 20 years, all things being equal. However when I looked at the on-line version of the Leader,  there it stated that the Benetton family had been granted the contract to operate at Corvera. It also went on to say that the Benetton family operate out of 8 airports in Spain ( and the Islands) which it named but did not include MJV! It will be feasable for the Benetton family to operate at both airports but that is not the point.

I also heard that Jet2 are taking bookings for next winter at MJV. Does this mean that MJV will still be open next winter or that these flights will transfer to Corvera?

It looks like we might  have the worst of all worlds as maybe MJV and Corvera will both be open. If that is the case how long can the private airport of Corvera remain open if they are not getting the 'promised' 2 million passengers a year as MJV will be keeping their holiday/seaside clientele.

Answers please in a brown paper envelope!!!!!!!!!!

From

Confused of Murcia Region

This message was last edited by steone on 18/12/2012.

Like 0      
18 Dec 2012 12:15 PM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

This situation is still a little confusing but I understand that the auction for the duty free franchise as San Javier has not happened yet and perhaps people will not bid on this when it comes up but it is also true that the operator has been agreed for Corvera

As far as bookings go they can not take any bookings till the airport is actually working and I understand that the terms of the tickets allow the airlines to move the flights

All local information remains the same for an airport opening in around April and the closure of San Javier with the moving of staff and resources but we still will not believe it till we see the first flight land and the staff being trained and arriving

Like 0      
18 Dec 2012 12:43 PM by juansheetisplenty Star rating in Cartagena. 283 posts Send private message

25 Dec 2012 11:14 AM by johnmcmahon Star rating. 335 posts Send private message

slightly off topic but I understood flights into St. Javier were restricted to late at night because the military used it at other times. I was surprised to see a Jet2 airliner landing at 2 pm a couple of days ago.

can anyone clear this up ?

Like 0      
25 Dec 2012 11:30 AM by steve and anita Star rating in in San Cayetano. 324 posts Send private message

steve and anita´s avatar

Thats usual. They fly in until about 10 at night. Always have done.

Like 0      
25 Dec 2012 2:13 PM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

It used to be military in the morning public flights in the afternoon. Once they got a 2nd runway & a set of civil air traffic controllers it was able to be used 24/7 , but hasn't been due to the 'crisis' & drop off in traffic.

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
25 Dec 2012 4:49 PM by Donna773 Star rating in Guardamar, Costa Bla.... 19 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

A switch to Corvera will cost the airlines virtually all their passengers from the Torrevieja area. I live near Guardamar and my family and friends use both El Altet and San Javier at present . El Altet is perhaps 10km nearer but San Javier is far more peaceful and thankfully devoid of the 'kiss me quick'' stag and hen night fraternity (I'm a  grumpy old gran, remember). On the map, Corvera looks at the very least an hour's run from my place - twice as long as it takes me to get to Alicante. So it looks like no contest.. What time's the next bus to Benidorm?

www.donnagee.blogspot.com

http://www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/donnagee.aspx

http://www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/donnagee2.aspx

http://www.grumpyoldgran.com

Like 0      
26 Dec 2012 8:32 AM by mobailey Star rating in San Cayetano. 461 posts Send private message

mobailey´s avatar

Hi Donna 773

Corvera Airport is about 30 minutes inland of San Javier. 

Mo&Bryan www.bryansblinds.com &  www.discovercostacalida.info Why not see if can we help  

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Mobile nightmare - 3 posts
thinking of moving to spain - 8 posts
Electricity on the rise again - 0 posts
How should we feel - 78 posts
Tax info on selling a recently inherited property please - 2 posts
Illustrator Wanted - 0 posts
Looking for an Illustrator - 2 posts
SPAIN NO LONGER AN OPTION - 2 posts
Funny Christmas Greeting in Spanish! - 5 posts
SIA DOOR SUPERVISOR - 5 posts
Minimum age of consent in Spain - 5 posts
Motivated Brokers Wanted - 0 posts
Embargo on a Motorbike-Help! - 6 posts
Solar Plant Medina Sidonia - 0 posts
No wills - 2 posts
Inheritance Tax for Non-residents - 7 posts
Credit Checks in Spain - 0 posts
Tenants fom Hell. What can be done legally - 36 posts
Responsibilities of property management company - 3 posts
Latest house price news from Spain - 157 posts
Property Nightmare resolved! - 4 posts
Should the "bad bank" demolish or finish the properties? - 12 posts
Merry Xmas - 0 posts
Name and Shame list for tax cheats - 6 posts
Nie or passport numbers needed when buying goods. - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x