NEW CHAPTER FOR 2014

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Dec 2012 8:18 PM by george364 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi all,

Never written on a forum before, so here goes.

I am starting the long and arduous research into the possibilities of moving to the Andulcia area and starting a small business facilitating motorcycling tours.  im not looking to make a fortune just enough to pay the bills as i will be a retired public servant with a pension. My girlfriend is also looking to relocate with me. She is considering starting a beauty/remedial therapy salon somewhere in the Malaga area.

I know this would have been asked a million times already, but it is really hard to know where to start.

I am thinking of renting a flat and also business premises to store the bikes etc.

Any advice would be gratefully recieved,

Kind regards,

George and Yvonne 

Like 0      
22 Dec 2012 8:29 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Did I miss something,  2014 ?

Like 0      
22 Dec 2012 8:32 PM by george364 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Johnzx we are planning to re-locate in 2014!!!

Like 0      
22 Dec 2012 9:16 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

A LOT can happen in 12 months, especially in Spain, George & Yvonne.

Good luck!

Like 0      
22 Dec 2012 10:49 PM by tamaraessex Star rating in Colmenar, Malaga. 508 posts Send private message

tamaraessex´s avatar
I'd suggest you get in touch with some of the bike groups in the area that interests you. Either via bike forums in the UK, where someone might have a contact in Andalucia, or go on Facebook and search for bike groups in Spain. There's a group local to me, in the Axarquía region of Málaga province, who have a Facebook page (sorry can't remember the name, I'm not a biker). I've always found bikers to be extremely friendly and helpful, and I'm sure you'd be guided towards good bits of countryside to run this type of holiday / tour, and also about the storage. Good luck!

Blog about settling into a village house in the Axarquía. http://www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/tamara.aspx

Like 0      
23 Dec 2012 6:02 PM by Cove Robert Star rating. 214 posts Send private message

As a motorbike fan you probably know about the race course in Jerez. Maybe something that can be tied in?

http://www.circuitodejerez.com/index.php?id=123&L=1

Like 0      
23 Dec 2012 6:29 PM by rod Star rating in Uk and Spain. 470 posts Send private message

George what a fantastic idea I wish you the best of luck I am a Harley Owner and I know there is a local HOG chapter in Marbella who are able to help out the roads around this area are some of the best in southern Europe the road to Ronda is a classic winding through the Sierra Blanca mountains ,you can rent an apartment quite cheaply most come with storage rooms big enough for two or three bikes and if you need more space for your bikes a neighbour will always be available to rent there's at a reasonable price

And your partner could find work locally initially with the expat community before perhaps deciding which area suits you both with your new business

Good luck and ride safe

Rod

Like 0      
24 Dec 2012 9:16 AM by tamaraessex Star rating in Colmenar, Malaga. 508 posts Send private message

tamaraessex´s avatar
Here's someone doing it already so you can see current prices etc. www.moto-tours-espana.com. Based near Ronda. 3 nights €435 or 4 nights €600 which includes full board at their villa all-inclusive, use of their bikes, and guides.

Blog about settling into a village house in the Axarquía. http://www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/tamara.aspx

Like 0      
25 Dec 2012 9:45 PM by fazeress Star rating. 71 posts Send private message

Hi George and Yvonne,  I would say research alot before you decide to make this your income as there are already a fair few similar businesses in the area.  We have friends who run off road tours in Andalucia and there are alot of these businesses too!  Over the last couple of years with the recession in the Uk they have found it harder for sure.  If you were able to aim it at those who if they had bought a certain make of bike that wasn't cheap, would always be able to afford this type of holiday then you could be onto a winner if you can offer the whole package thing rather than the odd day trip.  I am a biker and have many friends who quite happily arrange their own itinarys with their friends for between a week or two.  I understand your thinking as many miss some of the glorious roads and scenary but getting yourself out there and known would possibly the hardest bit.  Maybe a lot of prep before you went with getting leaflets into delaerships etc.. advertising on certain forums?

Good luck and I'll watch out for you!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

If you want to make a difference and stop the injustice - 11 posts
Never really sure how to start. Hello is always a good bet... - 5 posts
BBC 1 HD listed on Astra 2F, UK satellite TV, Spain - 0 posts
Living in a Portacabin? - 5 posts
Where is nearest police station to get an NIE number from Los alcazares? - 8 posts
Christmas Letter from Costaluz - 3 posts
Late payment of non residents tax. - 2 posts
Non Residence tax and changes to value - 11 posts
RUDEAIR - 35 posts
mortgage broker, Costa blanca - 0 posts
New Asset Reporting Law for Spanish Residents - 38 posts
Spain strengthens ties with the jewish community - 4 posts
Who said the property market wasn't moving? - 4 posts
Beneficiary - 4 posts
BBC News in UK - 0 posts
WILL THE WORLD END THIS FRIDAY...... - 15 posts
Nerja, just moved in, anyone from around here? - 2 posts
Visit Andalusian - 5 posts
Corvera confusion - 7 posts
Mobile nightmare - 3 posts
thinking of moving to spain - 8 posts
Electricity on the rise again - 0 posts
How should we feel - 78 posts
Tax info on selling a recently inherited property please - 2 posts
Illustrator Wanted - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x