Nie or passport numbers needed when buying goods.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Dec 2012 3:19 PM by steve and anita Star rating in in San Cayetano. 324 posts Send private message

steve and anita´s avatar

Hi all, I work in a garage and have recently heard rumours that you have to get the customers NIE or passport number for every invoice, or the accountants will not accept the facturas, can any one shed any light onto this matter. Apparently its a recent new law!!!

Regards, Steve.

Like 0      
13 Dec 2012 4:58 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I remember that when dealing with some supplier as long ago as 15 years one was required to produce an NIE. 

I believe it was a requirement when the NIE’s were first introduced, about 15- 20 years ago, but like so many things in Spain it got forgotten.

Like 0      
13 Dec 2012 5:04 PM by steve and anita Star rating in in San Cayetano. 324 posts Send private message

steve and anita´s avatar

Yes , but this every customers car we work on, whether to do an oil change or a full service and other repairs, have heard we have to get the customers nie or passport details to go on the invoice  !!!!

Like 0      
13 Dec 2012 5:15 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

As I said, yes I believe that is the law, and has been for many years,  although it has not been applied.

With the NIE every transaction, bank account etc is available for inspection on the internet by the Hacienda.

Like 0      
13 Dec 2012 6:29 PM by tamaraessex Star rating in Colmenar, Malaga. 508 posts Send private message

tamaraessex´s avatar
I have to show my NIE if l use my Spanish debit card in Dunnes, the furnishing store in Velez-Málaga. I recall showing it also if using my British credit card in the pasr, which perhaps makes more sense.

Blog about settling into a village house in the Axarquía. http://www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/tamara.aspx

Like 0      
13 Dec 2012 9:36 PM by andyintorre Star rating in Costa Blanca. 104 posts Send private message

Interesting concept that the hacienda can inspect every invoice or bank account on the internet, they must have a blanket court order to access an awful lot of records and bank accounts no wonder they don't have time to do the job properly. It would be interesting to know how they could inspect an invoice given to a customer for work done on a car as there is no requirement for the garage or workshop to upload a copy of an invoice to the internet. Whilst I don't consider myself a computer expert I don't understand how this could work. Anyone able to explain?

Like 0      
14 Dec 2012 9:02 AM by chris 2477 Star rating. 63 posts Send private message

I have been using a garage in San Javier for the past 3 years for my vehicle repairs and every time i have paid they have asked for my NIE number.

Like 0      
14 Dec 2012 10:08 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

For those (few) who would not have understood, 

I meant of course that Hacienda can inspect all records showing an NIE, WHICH HAVE BEEN UP LOADED TO THE internet. (i do not know if when an accountant submits his/her  ‘sign off’ report on company accounts for hacienda if the/she automatically posts that info. If they do then, that info would be available.

Hacienda have the right of access presumably by law, thus, do not need any court order (i.e.  similar to The Bankers Book Evidence Act’s, which the police in UK use).

On one occasion when I was submitting my annual tax return in an Hacienda office,  I had forgotten to include a small amount of interest I had received on a Spanish bank account. The inspector,  said “No problem” and immediately accessed my couple bank accounts using my NIE.  On another occassion, when making a denunicia at the National Police, having given them my NIE they accessed my personal records, full name, address etc, and included them in the report.

I also know (from professional experience) that Hacienda regularly exchange info on the internet with HMRC in UK.   They have considerably more legal access to UK tax info than the police in UK have.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Looking for printers of calendars and promotional products in Murica/Alicante region - 2 posts
home page on my laptop - 2 posts
Astra 1N, 2F & 2E satellite change over information & reception maps UK TV Spain - 0 posts
Nox-Bellcow successfully developed a new kind of tencel spunlace - 0 posts
210 on-line return no charge - 20 posts
The Three Wise Men were from Spain! - 9 posts
Anyone know of a Chimney Sweep in The Sotogrande area? - 4 posts
Really Good Value Christmas Day Meal - 0 posts
Coming to Formentera Del Segura and question please! - 2 posts
Non-Resident Tax, what you need to know - 0 posts
Need help - 2 posts
proof of income for nie number - 3 posts
Spanish language help - 2 posts
Sabinillas area air conditioning service - 2 posts
Mugged by Spanish Taxman? Any Advice - 1 posts
My first post - 6 posts
New Condado Buyer from CAM but not had mortgage offer after 6 weeks?? - 1 posts
Best Bank for ExPats. - 7 posts
Louise Clark - 5 posts
Graphic Designers or Gifted Amateurs - 0 posts
The best accommodation at Madrid or Seville - 0 posts
Transferring National Insurance payment from UK to Spain related to Pensions - 3 posts
Paying errears using the Form 210 'La Renta' tax - 1 posts
ood Shopping/Villa Provision Service on Costa del Sol - 6 posts
At last printed off my 210 tax return using chrome - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x