Responsibilities of property management company

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Dec 2012 10:41 PM by brummiedave Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

Can anyone tell me what checks a property management company should carry out when looking for long term tenants for your property in Spain. In the Uk the management company carry out certain checks to minimise ending up with tenants from hell as I now find myself having in my house in Andalusia and I can't get the court to legally evict them until next September 2013 as the local courts are so busy. What a great service. I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has taken there management company to court for not carrying out resonable checks and searches. Many thanks

Like 0      
15 Dec 2012 9:29 AM by Mungry Star rating. 329 posts Send private message

From a renters perspective i have never really been asked for any background in Andalucia.
If i am looking to rent and can pay my deposit/first month and real estate agents commisions that seems to be satiffactory criteria.

i coldnt stay away from you miserable whining whingers for some reason

Like 0      
15 Dec 2012 9:37 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Dave

I would have thought that you must have signed an agreement with the management company, and that must/should have contained what you both agreed to.

You could try contacting the Foreign Resents Dept at the town hall, if they have one.  And ask their advice.

I very much doubt that the law in Spain sets out any controls.

Like 0      
15 Dec 2012 9:44 AM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

It is almost impossible, compared to the UK, to carry out comprehensive checks on renters

If they have rented previously you can ask and we do try to get a reference from the previous landlord but that really doesn't count for to much

Next we normally check that they are employed asking them to produce current payslips

We check and verify that they have a bank account and of course their personal ID passport or ID card

There needs to be good clauses in the contract but unfortunately in Spain, like in most countries, your final redress is the courts but there s no set legal code or guide lines

This message was last edited by inspectahomespain on 15/12/2012.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Latest house price news from Spain - 157 posts
Property Nightmare resolved! - 4 posts
Should the "bad bank" demolish or finish the properties? - 12 posts
Merry Xmas - 0 posts
Name and Shame list for tax cheats - 6 posts
Nie or passport numbers needed when buying goods. - 7 posts
Looking for printers of calendars and promotional products in Murica/Alicante region - 2 posts
home page on my laptop - 2 posts
Astra 1N, 2F & 2E satellite change over information & reception maps UK TV Spain - 0 posts
Nox-Bellcow successfully developed a new kind of tencel spunlace - 0 posts
210 on-line return no charge - 20 posts
The Three Wise Men were from Spain! - 9 posts
Anyone know of a Chimney Sweep in The Sotogrande area? - 4 posts
Really Good Value Christmas Day Meal - 0 posts
Coming to Formentera Del Segura and question please! - 2 posts
Non-Resident Tax, what you need to know - 0 posts
Need help - 2 posts
proof of income for nie number - 3 posts
Spanish language help - 2 posts
Sabinillas area air conditioning service - 2 posts
Mugged by Spanish Taxman? Any Advice - 1 posts
My first post - 6 posts
New Condado Buyer from CAM but not had mortgage offer after 6 weeks?? - 1 posts
Best Bank for ExPats. - 7 posts
Louise Clark - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x