I agree - have waited for telephone and internet for nearly two years

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 Oct 2012 3:32 PM by landladysmith Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

I have just discovered this site, and I wish I had found it before I signed up with this BT Cocoon , I have gone through all of the previous posts and I have never been treated so badly.  I have been paying them every month for 19 months, and as yet no telephone or internet. I also have made lots of phone calls, sent Airsure letters from the UK, all to no avail, they promise to call you back, never do, promise the service will be on in a few days, I have wasted so much time waiting in for it to happen,  They are bullying and abusive, I have been told it is "all my fault"  I am now in the process of trying to recover the money I have paid them, I have also been paying Telephonica - at their instruction!! I feel really foolish that I let them take me to the cleaners like this.  Whatever you do, do NOT sign up with this company.

Like 0      
28 Oct 2012 5:56 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 803 posts Send private message

Telefonica are a joke.

At the time there was no provider in my area so contacted telefonica English division and asked if they could provide a service.
Most DEFINATELY and upon payment of about 80 euros was told someone would be in touch.
After a couple of weeks a service engineer contacted me ,however even though I live only a few hundred metres from their sub station , which is actually in my road, they couldn't find me !
After many aborted attempts a couple of months later I did actually get to meet an engineer who promptly told me It was my responsibilty to dig up the road and connect to my property.
At which point I through in the towel.
Naturally never had even an offer of a reimbursement for the service they couldn,t and wouldn,t provide.

Wish you luck.

Many years ago

Like 0      
28 Oct 2012 6:23 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

As has been pointed out on this forum before, Telefonica in English are nothing to do with Telefonica.  They are a separate concern entirely.  Telefonica should not be getting the blame for a totally unrelated company.  Telefonica in English are a company who arrange for your phones and internet to be connected.  

If you need to get these fitted and connected, go direct to Telefonica Spain, not Telefonica in English.

Like 0      
28 Oct 2012 6:46 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 803 posts Send private message

Sorry but they MUST be connected for although I initially contacted the English speaking agent company it was the correct Telefonica engineers who contacted me .

Even you state bobaol that the agents arrange for the connection of phones and internet from Telefonica. Therefore the outrageous FEE charged is totally for the agents and not for connection at all. That is where the "con" occurs.

Unfortunately many new to Spain with limited language skills use, and will continue to do so, these agents.

Like 0      
28 Oct 2012 6:54 PM by GuyT Star rating. 511 posts Send private message

28 Oct 2012 7:15 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Telefonica in English is simply an arrangement company.  They do the contracts, arrange for Telefonic engineers etc to come out.  That is where the system falls down.  Dealing direct with the Telefonica Spain has been a hassle free experience with quick service.  Telefonica in English is not a telephone company, simply an arrangement company.  Bit like getting car insurance in UK with Go Compare or similar.

Like 0      
28 Oct 2012 7:43 PM by GuyT Star rating. 511 posts Send private message

bobaol, with the greatest respect, you posted a couple of posts ago "Telefonica in English are nothing to do with Telefonica.  They are a separate concern entirely.  Telefonica should not be getting the blame for a totally unrelated company."

Far from being "nothing to do with" & "totally unrelated" they are both part of the same company Telefonica Europe. You say "Telephonica in English is not a telephone company." Telefonica UK Ltd own O2, the second largest mobile operator in UK. As for not being a telephone company, they are one of the largest in the world.

Like 0      
28 Oct 2012 8:48 PM by tamaraessex Star rating in Colmenar, Malaga. 508 posts Send private message

tamaraessex´s avatar
Guy, l think you are mixing up Telefónica UK, which is part of the global Telefónica brand which began in Spain, with "Telefonica in English" which is a separate legal entity, owned by a company called Movifresh Ltd. have a look at the "about us" section of Telefonica in English's website - they say they are an info agency set up to help English-speaking customers of Telefonica. As Bob says, they are NOT a phone company, though Telefónica UK of course is. Hope that clarifies things.

Blog about settling into a village house in the Axarquía. http://www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/tamara.aspx

Like 0      
28 Oct 2012 8:55 PM by tamaraessex Star rating in Colmenar, Malaga. 508 posts Send private message

tamaraessex´s avatar
I should have added, that many folks mix these companies up (which l'm sure was Telefonica in English's intention!). In fact Telefónica has an English-speaking section themselves which people could use instead, but they don't make this very clear whereas Telefonica in English advertise quite heavily and also have high Google rankings.

Floella - they are not corporately connected, ie not part of the same company. My internet provider, Europa Network, carries out the same function in that they arranged for Telefónica to put my landline in, then Europa Network provided the internet. They are not the same company, nor part of the same company, nor legally connected, Europa Network simply takes on the role of agent to do the arrangements for their customers. Only difference between Europa Network and Telefonica in English is that Europa Network were fantastically efficient, got Telefónica to install within a week, and had me online a few days later!

Blog about settling into a village house in the Axarquía. http://www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/tamara.aspx

Like 0      
28 Oct 2012 9:28 PM by GuyT Star rating. 511 posts Send private message

Tamara, after a bit of surfing, it seems you are quite right. I equated Telefonica in English with Telefonica in England.

bobaol, I was completely out of order! You were quite correct. Now that I have suitably humiliated myself, I hope I am forgiven.

Like 0      
29 Oct 2012 7:38 AM by tamaraessex Star rating in Colmenar, Malaga. 508 posts Send private message

tamaraessex´s avatar
No worries Guy - happens to us all at times.

And this must be a first on EOS .... A polite withdrawal and apology!!! So well done Guy :-)

Like 0      
29 Oct 2012 7:56 AM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

And easy to mix them up in Spain.  Like BT Spain which is not the BT we know and love (or hate).  The same with all the "authorised by", "licenced by", "in conjunction with" Sky satellite installers you see advertising in the press.  

Like 0      
29 Oct 2012 8:24 AM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 803 posts Send private message

When I previously stated Telefonica was a joke it wasn't,t because of the agents , who for an expensive fee did put the process into motion, but the fact that the engineers kept cancelling the visit because they were unable to locate my road...which is also the road where their sub station is....and when they did finally arrive told me that the newly installed telephone wire connecting my house to a pole ,less than 2 metres away wasn't, close enough and we would have to dig up the track . Only then they would connect us.

Like 0      
29 Oct 2012 8:44 AM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Going back to the OP

The poster wanted to bring up BT Cocoon, nothing to do with Telefonica.

They has been a huge amount of bad press about this company over the years, if you search this site you will find a number of old threads.

You never know though it might just be a disgruntled ex employee.

What does surprise me however is that BT PLC has allowed Cocoon to use their distintive logo which would fool a lot of people into thinking they were actually BT. I know that BT PLC have been swamped with complaints about this but seem to nothing about it. We can only assume they are 'authorised', here is a letter posted on the forum from Jan 2011

More info from BT UK on Cocoon Telecom

Thank you for bringing this to our attention a company that are using the BT logo.
I have forwarded this on for further investigation.
I have checked the website and, it appears to not be a British Telecom Website but one owned by a company called Cocoon Telecom who are based in Spain. However, you are quite correct in identifying the claimed link with BT because this company are suggesting they are a BT authorised dealer and are using the BT Logo everywhere. Please bear with us while we investigate further then we will need to contact the company concerned in Spain and sort this out . Regarding any payments not made to staff this would be a Cocoon telecom issue not BT as they have no relationship to us for these grounds. I will also pass on to my colleagues the false claims of advertising careers with BT as this is not the case.

Thank you once again for bringing this to our attention.

Kindest regards,

Steve Anstey
BT Yourviews Helpdesk

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Could you help me to expand my business? - 22 posts
Buyubg a car. - 1 posts
buying a apartment in santa pola - 4 posts
water charges Murcia - 2 posts
New agers - 7 posts
Suma - 5 posts
Discount electrical items in/near Albox - 3 posts
Knocked over by revolving door at Alicante airport! - 0 posts
New to Costa Tropical - Almuñécar - 1 posts
Royal Bank of Mortgages - 3 posts
Corvera Airport - 23 posts
Unethical Agent - 9 posts
Contacting Endesa - 1 posts
House improvement not quite right - What next? - 11 posts
english van re importation - 23 posts
Fifty Shades of Oh My Gawd....v.2 - 5 posts
Clarification of the Horizontal Law of Property - 23 posts
van space - 3 posts
Bankia bail out (Mortgages) - 4 posts
INDIAN MEAL IN LOS MONTESIMOS???????? - 18 posts
Card Craft shops - 2 posts
Bifocals -v- Varifocals - 6 posts
November 14th General Strike - flight cancellations? - 17 posts
Electricity Charges - 0 posts
picture postcards - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 14

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x