Bankia bail out (Mortgages)

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Oct 2012 2:16 PM by zoe583 Star rating. 13 posts Send private message

Bancaja / Bankia has received + 20  billions €  as a bail out to prevent them ""falling over"",and will need more most likely .

What strikes me as typical bank arrogance is ,when i applied for information for a mortgage at one of the local southern offices they just tell you ""sorry we do not supply any mortgages at all anymore to NON residents ""

the above ,without knowing anything about the actual request i had or my finacial situation ,just simply ,sorry NON residents go next door .

i tried to find at Bankia HQ a private customer service e mail to verify this ,tried as said ,they know to hide themselves very well :) 

anybody any experiance with this at any Bankia  offices ,i wonder is it just the action of a single office ,or Bankia company wide policy  ? 

i know there are many banks more to chose from ,but did somebody experiance this also at other banks already ? and which banks still appriciate a NON resident as a new clients ?

thx

Zoe 

Like 0      
24 Oct 2012 2:31 PM by 66d35 Star rating. 243 posts Send private message

24 Oct 2012 4:19 PM by Zoe583 Star rating. 13 posts Send private message

correct yes ,but still no e mail adress as i wrote ..

In writing: by letter, or by filling out the claims and complaints form you can pick up at any of our branch offices. Additionally can print it clicking here and, once completed, to deposit it in any of our branches, or to send it to the following address (via postal mail, or fax): 

Like 0      
24 Oct 2012 4:25 PM by 66d35 Star rating. 243 posts Send private message

Spanish businesses generally, will not accept formal complaints by email. You need to file a written complaint, or in specific cases, request the HOJA DE RECLAMACIÓN in the branch.

Emails will (in any event) just be ignored. The way it is here. You won't change it.

If this is their policy, then that is within their right. I would ask at another branch, and see if you get the same response.

They are certainly not obligated to offer you (or anyone else) a mortgage.

An alternative, get someone who speaks good Spanish (if you don't) to call their customer service help-line. They will doubtless be able to clarify things. Unfortunately, email enquiries (or complaints) are not normally the way things are done here.

This message was last edited by 66d35 on 24/10/2012.

This message was last edited by 66d35 on 24/10/2012.

Like 0      
25 Nov 2012 10:33 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

There are still banks lending to the non-resident market but many of them have stopped altogether. There is nothing to compel a bank to lend to the non-resident market so their reply is just a statement of fact. It is their freedom of choice - as far as I am aware there are no banks in the UK that will lend to non-residents to purchase UK property so the fact that some still do in Spain is a positive.

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

INDIAN MEAL IN LOS MONTESIMOS???????? - 18 posts
Card Craft shops - 2 posts
Bifocals -v- Varifocals - 6 posts
November 14th General Strike - flight cancellations? - 17 posts
Electricity Charges - 0 posts
picture postcards - 0 posts
New to site. - 39 posts
Declaring cost of works to reduce tax liability - 0 posts
Spain - 8 Years Hence ?????? - 9 posts
Freesat changes - 2 posts
What grows in Spain? - 11 posts
Electricity meter - 8 posts
How to contact English Speaking Staff at Iberdrola - 1 posts
PARKING IN SEVILLE OVER CHRISTMAS - 2 posts
Laundry - 0 posts
flights - 2 posts
Television - 0 posts
Furniture pack - 0 posts
Cancelled SIP cards (Healthcare Access) - 0 posts
Uci bank - 8 posts
Empadron, non owner, living rent fee - 1 posts
Dickmanns Car hire... Alicante airport - 13 posts
Cash withdrawals in Santander Branch - 0 posts
Electricity Supplier takes over without contract!! - 8 posts
Driving Conditions to Santander in February - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x