Is Now The Time to Buy or Sell ??

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | ... | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | ... |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 Oct 2012 4:06 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I bought a house a few years ago and the previous owner gave me copies to confirm that he had paid the Hacienda because the prices which was declared (which he paid) was lower than the Hacienda stated it should have been, thus he had to pay a fairly hefty amount plus a fine for under declaring when he bought.

I would be surprised if a property worth  200,000 not so long ago, could be sold at 70,000 without the Hacienda being suspicious. And of course any amount they say should have been paid and any fine, would fall on the new owner.

Like 0      
29 Oct 2012 4:34 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

as i said,i always take the relevant and legal steps to ensure all fees and purchase price are included and transparent.

we cant do any more.

Like 0      
29 Oct 2012 4:55 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

When we bought our last house in 2009 at a good price, we got our lawyer to phone the Hacienda prior to Notary asking the question, ' do you have a problem with this'

In our case they said no

Like 0      
29 Oct 2012 5:27 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Notaries etc can access info which shows the price per square metre for each type of property, and that is the lowest Hacienda will accept as the purchase price. If the sale declaration price is under that, Hacienda will not accept that was actual price paid. 

This means that in some cases the taxes must be paid on an amount higher than the actual price paid.

Something which one needs to be aware of when buying a 'very cheap' property, or if declaring a much lower price, that that which is actually paid.

Like 0      
29 Oct 2012 6:44 PM by GuyT Star rating. 511 posts Send private message

30 Oct 2012 12:28 PM by Harry07 Star rating. 205 posts Send private message

WOW Guy - that makes pretty grim reading & reflects what Johnzx has previously alluded to !!!!

Would take a special person to be bullish about the market outlook at this time.

Harry

Like 0      
30 Oct 2012 12:46 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

I presume that is another dig at me Harry????

I actaually take that as a complement,it is better to be a shepherd than a sheep and you my friend have less cojones than the average sheep.

At least i have the gumption to put on the line my proffesional opinions,all you do is keep asking the same old questions and agree with anyone that suits your line of thinking.

You are not even daring enough to fiull in your profile or take me up on my bet (yes,we seemed to have glazed over that one)

Get a life or more importantly some nuts and an opinion!!

Like 0      
30 Oct 2012 12:55 PM by Harry07 Star rating. 205 posts Send private message

30 Oct 2012 12:56 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I read this morning in the Spanish press that the 'Bad Bank' will be offering properties at 54% reduction.  Now that should increase sales of the existing ones on the market,  or maybe not !!!!!!

Like 0      
30 Oct 2012 1:11 PM by Roly2 Star rating in Almeria. 646 posts Send private message

Possibly, but I am not sure that it doesn't mean a 54% reduction from the original (or at least inflated price).    I can't see properties at Roda Golf for example, dropping to e40000  (except as a one off maybe) or Polaris World dropping to 200000.  If they do - I will have a couple!!!

Georgia, I may have missed something but the bullish comment was leveled at someone else, and related to the bullish view of the markets - it was not a personal comment at all and once again I am surprised at how quickly things turn nasty on here.

Like 0      
30 Oct 2012 1:14 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Roly,

It was directed at me,Harry has called me bullish several times,i only have so much patience for fools,if i had the time or inclination i would go through the posts Harry has made.....fortunately i have neither!

Like 0      
30 Oct 2012 1:18 PM by Roly2 Star rating in Almeria. 646 posts Send private message

But Georgia, bullish is just an attitude to risk really.  It is not a personal comment - I don't understand why you should take it personally.   

I am not wanting to get involved in personal disputes, but I do not find anything wrong with Harry's comments - what is it that upsets you so?   I do agree that the stuff over agents fees was out of line, but I don't think that was just one poster.   

I just wish people would not get personal.

Like 0      
30 Oct 2012 1:27 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Would take a special person to be bullish about the market outlook at this time.

i dont think the terminology "special "was meant as a compliment??

Like 0      
30 Oct 2012 1:34 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

Surely the Hacienda is aware how much the value of property has fallen. If someone genuinely buys a house ( not under declaring) at a much lower price why should he be subjected to complementary tax? where is the freedom to do what you like with your own property?

It's not only the buyer who has to worry-the hacienda may suspect the  seller is trying to avoid high capital gains tax.

Like 0      
30 Oct 2012 1:47 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Campsol thats the way it is.

It comes from many years when the price declared (that shown on the contract) was so much under the actual price paid. Example.   In 1988 my first property was declared at 30 % of what I paid.  In those days that was normal

The Hacienda are not stupid, so they found a way to combat the excesses. With the market now so bad, it’s just too bad if one pays less than the price their table say it is worth.

Like 0      
30 Oct 2012 2:42 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

johnx -underdeclaring was normal-it is also illegal, and those who did it are responsible for the complementary tax now!

Like 0      
30 Oct 2012 3:06 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Campsolo, what an obvious but unnecessary comment.

Like 0      
30 Oct 2012 5:01 PM by maddiemack Star rating in Grantham, Lincolnshi.... 194 posts Send private message

But what a fantastic way of obtaining more tax money into the depleted coffers! 

Like 0      
31 Oct 2012 1:49 AM by Harry07 Star rating. 205 posts Send private message

It strikes me as being "inequitable" but as John pointed out "thats the way it is" !!

Harry

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | ... | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | ... |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Adelson wants 40% of a municipal district for his Eurovegas !! - 0 posts
What is going on with Ryanair in Spain? - 48 posts
CAR INSURANCE SPAIN LINEA DIRECT - 39 posts
Agent advice - 2 posts
Should the UK have adopted the EURO ? - 1 posts
Costaluz Lawyers - 1 posts
Renault Megan RX4 - 0 posts
Should my wife get medical cover based on my Social Security or her UK pension - 5 posts
Flat in Marbella! - 1 posts
Furnitire for sale, Costa del Sol - 0 posts
The new 3 month rule for registering - 5 posts
Planning application in spain - 5 posts
New Passport Procedures - 17 posts
Gas Inspection? - 7 posts
Presidents of communities - 11 posts
Pets and their control - 0 posts
IVA Increase in Spain - 12 posts
Weather forecasts on this site - 1 posts
Winter Fuel Allowance, claim before 21.9.12 - 20 posts
Ideas for nice towns between Malaga and Salobrena? - 3 posts
RHD in Spain - where do I get one - 5 posts
RHD for LHD Car - 2 posts
Long Term Let on Private Property (Landlords point of view) - 0 posts
Torrenueva, La Cala de Mijas, Malaga - 2 posts
Opel Meriva 1.7 TDi Diesel for Sale - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 259

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x