Gas Inspection?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Sep 2012 8:28 PM by BIGJGROUP Star rating in LA ZENIA. 8 posts Send private message

Do a person have to have your gas installation checked every so often? I keep on getting a note on my door  from RETSAGAS telling me I must have it checked. Can somebodyrecommend a company? I live in La Zenia just down the road from Torreveiga.

Like 0      
15 Sep 2012 9:13 PM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

Yes, gas inspections should take place. Ours have been done twice now by our gas provider, this year they checked the boiler and also the hoses and regulator on the gas BBQ, we didn't realise these hoses and regulator have a 'use by date' and ours had passed so we had to buy new ones. I thought it was a scam at first but it's not.

http://www.justlanded.com/english/Spain/Articles/Property/Utilities-in-Spain,

'You must have your gas appliances serviced and inspected at least every five years. If you have a contract with Repsol Butano, they do this for you or it’s done by your local authorised distributor. Some distributors try to sell you a package which includes third party insurance and free parts should they be required, although it isn’t necessary to have this insurance and is a waste of money. Beware of ‘bogus’ gas company representatives calling unannounced to inspect gas appliances.'

Poppyseed

Like 0      
16 Sep 2012 9:44 AM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

With this particular company this is a well known scam that operates in the area and the following is a posting from another forum and do not respond or invite them nto your property or anybody that knocks on your door offering a gas inspection, simply say we have no gas

If you wish to have a proper inspection make an appointment with you local Repsol office

RETSAGAS SCAM

We feel that people should be aware of a 'scam' that's been doing the rounds in Quesada. A young man arrived at our house offering to service our gas appliances. He pointed out that this was a legal requirement and, in our case, began to replace the rubber tubing on a calor gas heater. He then asked for a glass of water and we suspect deliberately damaged the regulator valve in our absence. When we paid he pretended that we hadn't given him a fifty euro note. Although he failed to convince us of this, the whole episode still cost us 118 euros. A brand new heater from Carrefour costs 113 euros! To make things worse he did not fix the temperamental ignition - we have had to throw the heater away! The man is most convincing arriving in uniform, with documents, identification and knowledge of the contract with Repsol. There is a legal requirement to have appliances serviced every five years. He pointed out this clause in the contract claiming that we had no choice in the matter. Basically a rule of thumb is not to part with any cash when anyone calls at your house. If gas appliances do need servicing go to the Repsol Centre in Almoradi. Reputable companies do not come calling door to door - they always make appointments

Like 0      
16 Sep 2012 10:25 AM by BIGJGROUP Star rating in LA ZENIA. 8 posts Send private message

Thanks to you people for the helpful advice you have given me, especially inspectahome - I was not sure, but was just being weary, and now I know. Thanks a lot. Abe

Like 0      
22 Sep 2012 9:22 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

BIGJGROUP-hope you will be "wary" rather than weary!

Like 0      
23 Sep 2012 10:52 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

we didn't realise these hoses and regulator have a 'use by date' and ours had passed so we had to buy new ones.

Until now I have always said who needs an inspector to tell them the rubber tube is passed its user date.   

But then I also used to say, when they first introduced the MOT in UK in 1960, who needs a garage to tell them they need to change their tyres, fix the brakes etc.   It all seems, seemed, so obvious …………

And Poppy, what sort of regulator do you have that has a 'use by date' ?

This message was last edited by johnzx on 23/09/2012.

Like 0      
23 Sep 2012 12:51 PM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

Well I guess we're not all uber smart know it all's. I have no idea what sort of regulator it is, never knew there were different types and really don't care.

Poppyseed

Like 0      
23 Sep 2012 1:17 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

As Nick Glegg said, ''I'm sorry'

But reading a date printed on a rubber tube would not seem to require  a particularly high level of anything !   

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Presidents of communities - 11 posts
Pets and their control - 0 posts
IVA Increase in Spain - 12 posts
Weather forecasts on this site - 1 posts
Winter Fuel Allowance, claim before 21.9.12 - 20 posts
Ideas for nice towns between Malaga and Salobrena? - 3 posts
RHD in Spain - where do I get one - 5 posts
RHD for LHD Car - 2 posts
Long Term Let on Private Property (Landlords point of view) - 0 posts
Torrenueva, La Cala de Mijas, Malaga - 2 posts
Opel Meriva 1.7 TDi Diesel for Sale - 1 posts
greedy wife stealing inheritance from children - 0 posts
Paying tax - 1 posts
New satellite channel receiveable on 28.2 UK TV Costa Blanca - 0 posts
bad service from TELEAST..... - 0 posts
Court Success and settlement by CostaLuz - 2 posts
ENDESAONLINE ONLINE CHAT SERVICE - 0 posts
CHARITY FUN DAY FOR CHILDREN IN CARE IN ELCHE - 0 posts
spanish driving test - 0 posts
Seat belts and Child seats are still an issue in Spain! - 12 posts
has anyone put kids into state school - 18 posts
Residencia card - 28 posts
Dation and balance IV - 0 posts
Is Sterling on its way down again. - 1 posts
Registering a Community Swimming Pool in Fuerteventura - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x