Adelson wants 40% of a municipal district for his Eurovegas !!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Sep 2012 1:52 AM by eos_ian Star rating in Valencia. 506 posts Send private message

eos_ian´s avatar

The issue with Eurovegas seems to be growing by the day. As you probably know it is pretty much confirmed that it will be in Madrid, to be precise Alcorcon, a municipal district of the capital. What I was shocked by when I read the article in Expansión the other day was that he wants a whopping 40% of the entire district's land; 12 million square meters! And for it to be converted from rustic land to building land, something the Spanish are great at doing, so that shouldn’t be a problem.

However the whole project is clearly a great opportunity to generate Jobs and bring foreign investment, but can this controversial businessman be trusted? This would be the biggest urban development in Spain since the 1992 Olympics. His original pitch was 250,000 jobs, which are now down to 14,000, and his initial investment was $21 Billion, which has now dropped to $7,3 Billion, of which two thirds would now have to be put up by Spanish Banks! Just as well they have the money! So much for foreign money coming in! This guy seems to be under continuous scrutiny in the States, China and so on, but here Madrid seems to be bending over backwards. Do you think its desperation and that they seem to think they’ve found the answer to all their problems? Or it is this just another fantastic opportunity for just a few to get very rich?

Ian :   EOS TEAM MEMBER 

www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/ianandspain.aspx

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

What is going on with Ryanair in Spain? - 48 posts
CAR INSURANCE SPAIN LINEA DIRECT - 39 posts
Agent advice - 2 posts
Should the UK have adopted the EURO ? - 1 posts
Costaluz Lawyers - 1 posts
Renault Megan RX4 - 0 posts
Should my wife get medical cover based on my Social Security or her UK pension - 5 posts
Flat in Marbella! - 1 posts
Furnitire for sale, Costa del Sol - 0 posts
The new 3 month rule for registering - 5 posts
Planning application in spain - 5 posts
New Passport Procedures - 17 posts
Gas Inspection? - 7 posts
Presidents of communities - 11 posts
Pets and their control - 0 posts
IVA Increase in Spain - 12 posts
Weather forecasts on this site - 1 posts
Winter Fuel Allowance, claim before 21.9.12 - 20 posts
Ideas for nice towns between Malaga and Salobrena? - 3 posts
RHD in Spain - where do I get one - 5 posts
RHD for LHD Car - 2 posts
Long Term Let on Private Property (Landlords point of view) - 0 posts
Torrenueva, La Cala de Mijas, Malaga - 2 posts
Opel Meriva 1.7 TDi Diesel for Sale - 1 posts
greedy wife stealing inheritance from children - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 1

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x