Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Sep 2012 11:44 PM by Monica 77 Star rating. 45 posts Send private message

Hi,

haven't been on for a while.

I'm sure this has been covered loadsof times but I need a car insurance company that comes recomended with breakdown cover and who are easy to deal with.

I have 1 yr no claims as I have started afresh to keep my full no claims for home as my car is for Holidays.

Unfortunately I can't speak Spanish so they must have good English,we are based in Playa Flamenca.

has anyone any good experiences with any good companies please.

thanks

best regards

Monica

Like 0      
11 Sep 2012 1:17 AM by hugh_man Star rating in Kent/Roda . 1593 posts Send private message

hugh_man´s avatar

Linea Direct are as good as any.

Like 0      
12 Sep 2012 11:23 PM by Monica 77 Star rating. 45 posts Send private message

Thanks,

I have heard of them before i will try them and another which was mentioned.

thanks

Monica

Like 0      

Thanks,

thanks

Monica

Like 0      

Thanks,

thanks

Monica

Like 0      
23 Sep 2012 12:01 AM by Sten46 Star rating in Hatton, Derbyshire &.... 243 posts Send private message

Only just seen this thread - I have an extremely comprehensive policy at a good price (actually slightly more expensive than Linea Directa, but better cover) and excellent personal service, with Ibex Insurance in Quesada.

Steve

Steve.

Like 0      
23 Sep 2012 7:27 AM by steone Star rating in Santiago de la Riber.... 383 posts Send private message

Hi

I would never use Linea Directa as a) you never know where you are with them and b) from friends stories they are not good at sorting and paying claims ( the main reason one takes out insurance!). My experience was I asked them for a quote and said  I wanted their 'best price'. I was quoted an amount and again I asked them if this was their best price to which they said yes. I went to Ibex in Quesada and they gave me a quote  and then spent a long time trying to 'tweek' it to give a better price and all the cover I wanted. The eventual price was about half of what Linea Directa asked for. Then about 3 days before renewal Linea Directa rang me and asked if I was going ahead with their quote to which I said 'no'. They asked why and I told them a price lowever than I had paid to Ibex and they said that they can match the price! This was after them stating emphatically that the higher price quoted was 'their best price'. This is no way to carry on business! With claims 3 friends who were with them had unbelievable problems with Linea Directa settling claims which is why I will not go anywhere near them and hope against hope that if I ever have an accident then it is not with someone insured with Linea Directa. This might not be the same with everyone but I can only speak from what I have seen and heard.

Like 0      
16 Oct 2012 10:48 AM by tteedd Star rating in Hertfordshire & Punt.... 990 posts Send private message

Just gone through the car insurance loop.

Ended up with Abbeygate. They were the second best price quoted. There was one better quote (11E less) but they wanted everything documented including written afirmation of my NCD before issuing the insurance and I could not wait for my UK insurance to respond (they still have not 10 days later).

Like 0      
16 Oct 2012 12:55 PM by scubamike Star rating in Murcia province . 218 posts Send private message

scubamike´s avatar

I have my car insurance with Linea Directa  Last year I had a minor accident, the car was still roadworthy. Rang them same day (Thursday) everything was done over the phone Engineer inspected on the Friday. Car went into garage Monday and was ready to collect Wednesday evening Couldn't have expected better service

Like 0      
16 Oct 2012 2:03 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I had a quote from Linea Directa a couple of years ago. It was a little cheaper than the renewal from my broker  (with Liberty).

I cannot remember the details but he pointed out where that policy provided considerably less cover than Liberty's.

I did not go with Linea Directa.

But if you are happy with less cover then 'horses for courses.'

Like 0      
30 Jan 2013 11:52 AM by Glyn907 Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

I certainly won't be wasting my time with Linea Directa any more!  I tried to contact them with a quote question via their online email system but didn't even receive a response.  Tried this 3 times but no responses at all.  Eventually managed to speak to an operator who gave me another email address to use but sent 2 emails to that and no responses.

I then phoned to cancel my insurance but never an operator available and twice left a message for them to call me back via their default system - guess what.

What a way to run a business? I will be going elsewhere in future. Not impressed at all with this shabby company - crisis, what crisis?  

Like 0      
30 Jan 2013 12:27 PM by juansheetisplenty Star rating in Cartagena. 283 posts Send private message

juansheetisplenty´s avatar

That's very odd. Have you called them on their english speaking line 902 123 586? They are usually very good. 

If you go on the website in English and input your Spanish phone number they usually call back straight away.

JUan

Like 0      
30 Jan 2013 1:31 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I was  with Linea Directa,   for a car some years ago. When I got the renewal premium kit seemed rather high.  I called them, gave a different name but all the other particulars correctly, they quoted me 20 % less than their renewal premium as they thought I was a new customer.

When I queried it, they made lots of petty excuses and finally said they would renew at the lower quote. Needless to say I went to another company.

I do though now have motorcycle insurance with them,  they were 100 euros cheaper than the company I was with, both quotes were for minimum cover.

Like 0      
31 Jan 2013 8:49 AM by Mungry Star rating. 329 posts Send private message

linea direct for sure

same company as direct line from the uk and privaledge ect

i coldnt stay away from you miserable whining whingers for some reason

Like 0      
31 Jan 2013 9:17 AM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

What, an insurance company giving a lower quote for a new customer?  How strange, just that that is what every insurance company does, especially in UK.  It's the old hook 'em then charge 'em ploy.  My last company in UK sent me a quote and, when I went on line to do it as a new customer, it was 30 or 40 quid cheaper.  Hence I used to change companies each year to get the better deal.  

Linea Directa this year gave me a quote that was 50 euros higher than last year.  When they phoned, I said it was a bit high and I was looking around, they reduced the premiums. Exactly the same as my experience with UK companies.

Oh, and could someone who says they get better cover with another company please point out what those extras are?  Not saying Linea Directa is best but would like to know for next years battle of the insurance quotes.  

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Fantastic Service - 0 posts
Purchase of shower bath? - 0 posts
Moving back to Spain - 2 posts
An Englishman Abroad? - 100 posts
Does Spain have hourly minimum wage rate? - 26 posts
HOW DO SPAIN'S LOCAL TAXES COMPARE WITH UK COUNCIL TAX. - 7 posts
Dation and balance III - 1 posts
apartment in El Campello, Alicante - 0 posts
Wanted car - 3 posts
internet - 2 posts
Any nice Hotels or b/Bs near Alicante Airport - 0 posts
I am spanish woman. Doubts? - 3 posts
- 0 posts
I am spanish woman and I can to help you - 10 posts
What's long term - 3 posts
- 0 posts
Spanish Citizenship Interview Questions - 7 posts
music teacher - 0 posts
Movistar - 2 posts
HIRING A CAR FROM MALAGA AIRPORT - 6 posts
Were we wrong to move to Spain? Should we have gone to France instead? - 38 posts
Wot no heating?? - 61 posts
Looking for a Community Administrator - 2 posts
change community status - 1 posts
Form 210 - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 15

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x